My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dmd not working anymore, stays black

Hey,

I'm not sure what happened but pinball arcade (1.71.25) with freecammod was working fine a few weeks ago but today when i tried to play it i noticed the window where normally the dmd would appear stays black on all tables so i'm not sure what happend. My freecammod is still the latest lastest version and as far as i'm aware there were no updates for pinball arcade anymore but i'm not certain of this. Is anyone having the same issue or knows what could be causing this ? The mod itself with the cam files still seems to work but the dmd just stays black for some reason. Thanks (ps i'm using the virtual dmd window not a real dmd if that matters)

My Devices
    Mac, Virtual Cabinet (PC)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! My cabinet + FreeCamMod still works fine. So, my guess is that it's a Windows related issue. Maybe you could try re-installing the .NET framework (4.5.2).

My Devices
    Playtime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis I try to reinstall .NET 4.52 but windows doesnt install.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halen View Post
    Curtis I try to reinstall .NET 4.52 but windows doesnt install.
    I'm still using Windows7 for my pinball cabinet. If you have a newer version of Windows, you may try to install a newer .NET framework. Version 4.8 is the latest.

My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    curtis are you using an offline data file / is your cab connected to the internet and are you using latest steam versions of pinball arcade ? i'm having the same problem as halen maybe a windows 10 update broke something if it's still working on your windows 7.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    curtis are you using an offline data file / is your cab connected to the internet and are you using latest steam versions of pinball arcade ? i'm having the same problem as halen maybe a windows 10 update broke something if it's still working on your windows 7.
    No offline mode, as I'm connected to the internet; and I'm using the latest Steam version.

My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just tried on my main pc (not cabinet) which is also a windows 10 and latest freecam mod and version of pinball arcade and it's having the same problem.

Unfortunatly i don't have a windows 7 pc anymore so i can not test it but it is possible it's a windows 10 issue then if it's still working on your windows 7 pc

Edit: i can't get it to work, so i have reverted to disabling cabinet mode (could not get the ingame hud to display otherwise somehow not sure, could also be it started working again when setting the disable ingame hud to the other value inside the ini) and loading a backglass myselve using self created tool and passing the table parameter to launch before script, but i do use the camera mod. So basically reverted to ingame dmd on the playfield and using freecam mod to launch the game and do the camera stuff but nothing else
    Last edited by joyrider3774; 01-19-2020 at 02:44 PM.