My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dmd not working anymore, stays black

Hey,

I'm not sure what happened but pinball arcade (1.71.25) with freecammod was working fine a few weeks ago but today when i tried to play it i noticed the window where normally the dmd would appear stays black on all tables so i'm not sure what happend. My freecammod is still the latest lastest version and as far as i'm aware there were no updates for pinball arcade anymore but i'm not certain of this. Is anyone having the same issue or knows what could be causing this ? The mod itself with the cam files still seems to work but the dmd just stays black for some reason. Thanks (ps i'm using the virtual dmd window not a real dmd if that matters)

My Devices
    Mac, Virtual Cabinet (PC)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! My cabinet + FreeCamMod still works fine. So, my guess is that it's a Windows related issue. Maybe you could try re-installing the .NET framework (4.5.2).

My Devices
    Playtime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis I try to reinstall .NET 4.52 but windows doesnt install.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halen View Post
    Curtis I try to reinstall .NET 4.52 but windows doesnt install.
    I'm still using Windows7 for my pinball cabinet. If you have a newer version of Windows, you may try to install a newer .NET framework. Version 4.8 is the latest.

My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    curtis are you using an offline data file / is your cab connected to the internet and are you using latest steam versions of pinball arcade ? i'm having the same problem as halen maybe a windows 10 update broke something if it's still working on your windows 7.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    curtis are you using an offline data file / is your cab connected to the internet and are you using latest steam versions of pinball arcade ? i'm having the same problem as halen maybe a windows 10 update broke something if it's still working on your windows 7.
    No offline mode, as I'm connected to the internet; and I'm using the latest Steam version.

My Devices
    a pinball cabinet
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just tried on my main pc (not cabinet) which is also a windows 10 and latest freecam mod and version of pinball arcade and it's having the same problem.

Unfortunatly i don't have a windows 7 pc anymore so i can not test it but it is possible it's a windows 10 issue then if it's still working on your windows 7 pc

Edit: i can't get it to work, so i have reverted to disabling cabinet mode (could not get the ingame hud to display otherwise somehow not sure, could also be it started working again when setting the disable ingame hud to the other value inside the ini) and loading a backglass myselve using self created tool and passing the table parameter to launch before script, but i do use the camera mod. So basically reverted to ingame dmd on the playfield and using freecam mod to launch the game and do the camera stuff but nothing else
    Last edited by joyrider3774; 01-19-2020 at 01:44 PM.

My Devices
    ipad. tf300t
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got same prob the mod work but dmd stay black win10 pro 64b anyone found an fix yet

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same issue (my PC is Win 10 pro 64, TPA 1.70.6). The DMD worked fine until I upgraded my GPU from an NVIDIA GT 630 to a Radeon RX590. I just get a black rectangle with the Radeon, but a working DMD when I swap back to the NVIDIA card. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've investigated a bit about this issue with windows 10 and I've discovered that for an unknown reason, since a few months (caused by a windows update???), the part of the game window which contain the DMD isn't rendered anymore when it's oversized outside of the screen, this was the hacky method I used to hide/display the DMD and it was working flawlessly until now.

The only fix I think of would be to set your monitors like this:

This way, the top part of the game's window which is oversized to hide the DMD isn't displayed in the "void" but on the backglass monitor, and the DMD should be rendered correctly by the mod.

My Devices
    ipad. tf300t
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2huwman View Post
    I've had the same issue (my PC is Win 10 pro 64, TPA 1.70.6). The DMD worked fine until I upgraded my GPU from an NVIDIA GT 630 to a Radeon RX590. I just get a black rectangle with the Radeon, but a working DMD when I swap back to the NVIDIA card. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?
    running windows 10 pro with a nvidia gtx 960 an got the black dmd to im about to tru NoEx idea

My Devices
    ipad. tf300t
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoEx View Post
    I've investigated a bit about this issue with windows 10 and I've discovered that for an unknown reason, since a few months (caused by a windows update???), the part of the game window which contain the DMD isn't rendered anymore when it's oversized outside of the screen, this was the hacky method I used to hide/display the DMD and it was working flawlessly until now.

This way, the top part of the game's window which is oversized to hide the DMD isn't displayed in the "void" but on the backglass monitor, and the DMD should be rendered correctly by the mod.
    this id the trick thanx a lot but did screw up my backglass for my FP table so got to find how to fix that now but thx a lot to find the prob for your mod

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Mac, Wii
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoEx View Post

You mean the DMD mask on the back glass should be at its actual rendering position. If we have a 3 monitor setup, should we do the same ? DMD on top of play field ?

I’ve found several discussions on «*script for Display Arrangement «* ... we may be able to create the right script to make it work with FP, VP, PFX3 ... and Arcooda.

Links :

https://superuser.com/questions/3946...e-on-windows-7

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

https://wizardsoft.nl/products/wsdisplaysettings

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebinouse View Post
    You mean the DMD mask on the back glass should be at its actual rendering position. If we have a 3 monitor setup, should we do the same ? DMD on top of play field ?

I’ve found several discussions on «*script for Display Arrangement «* ... we may be able to create the right script to make it work with FP, VP, PFX3 ... and Arcooda.

Links :

https://superuser.com/questions/3946...e-on-windows-7

http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

https://wizardsoft.nl/products/wsdisplaysettings
    It doesn't matter which monitor is placed above playfield; in fact you can arrange it how you want (I guess.. I haven't tried every scenario, make some tests but it should work), the only important thing is : there must be a monitor above playfield, to allow the DMD being rendered properly, then the mod does its job, it displays the dmd in a movable frame that you can place anywhere you want.

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Mac, Wii
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And does it matters if Playfield is monitor 1 and BG monitor 2.

(I can't test, my Pincab is far away ...)

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nop, as long as Playfield has a monitor above it.

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Mac, Wii
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ! Thank you for this explanation

My Devices
    pc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem
    I solved it last time by doing what has been suggested by manipulating the top screens position
    on my setup the top tv had to be hard left in line with the bottom screen for the
    floating dmd to line up right.

this time however I am getting no change as I move the top monitor about
    the floating DMD does not change and remains cut in half.
    (half has working DMD other half is greyed out)
    also it is HUGE as its default size
    everything else is perfect - just the DMD image is cut in half

I am using 4k - If I use the recommended settings 2160 x 4400 the screen is short both ends
    I set it to 2160 x 5000 in TPA and the PF is perfect
    (*with 1080p PC PF) and yeah I tried setting it to 4400 on TPA to see If DMD corrected.
    no change
    It seems as If nothing will change the floating DMD exempt changing the PF res on the PC
    which I do not want to mess with

please HELP!

ps - thankyou so much for this amazing mod.
    #respect
    thankyou all
    Last edited by thebeast0449; 05-22-2020 at 03:53 PM.

My Devices
    pc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok - got it working

I had to enter the correct stretching values and disable 4k support
    the DMD window changed to a perfect fit
    I dont really geddit but its working so..

My Devices
    pc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this worked for me-

disable 4K support in mod settings

Setting up your PC:
    The resolution of the playfield display must be set to 1080x1920

Setting up the Game:
    The game settings will require that the Back buffer width and Back buffer height maintain the same ratio as the default settings for the mod. Though the values recommended aren’t listed in the drop down menu, you can select each box and manually enter the proper values. These are required and valid: 2160x4400 (default)

Setting up the Mod:
    WindowStretch=586 This is the default value for proper aspect ratio. I Recommend not changing if you’re using a 1080x1920 display for playfield.

what does the 4K support check actually do?

My Devices
    pc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a heads up on 4k - got it working perfectly but be aware some native 4K tv's set the default refresh rate at 30.so when you change to 1080 the refresh stays at 30! halfing your speed no matter how powerful your machine.goto nvidia control panel goto change resolution and check your 4K tv's refresh rates.change to 60 for resolution 1080 (for tpa cam mod) FULL SPEDD IN 4K! YES - thankyou so much Noex. #respect #gratitude