Arcade1up Star Wars pinball

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I'm dying to see how much of our speculation in the last BlahCade podcast hits the mark. Very stoked to hear about haptic feedback and accelerometer. Will colorized DMD be coming to the Steam versions of the games too?

The best thing to come out of all of this would
be proper cabinet camera views, color dmd support, and haptic feedback built in across steam fx3 and not just for these cabinets. Id like a tatic backglasses too, but that’s probably not going to happen as the cabs just have a translite in there and not a third screen. Of course if this all runs on a custom android system we could still be screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
be proper cabinet camera views, color dmd support, and haptic feedback built in across steam fx3 and not just for these cabinets. Id like a tatic backglasses too, but that’s probably not going to happen as the cabs just have a translite in there and not a third screen. Of course if this all runs on a custom android system we could still be screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve reached out to certain people and hope to have some answers soon. Got my fingers crossed that I can get my hands on a demo unit.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

Even if it runs on Android, seems like it would be relatively easy to port some of that back into FX3. If it did include colour DMD that seems to be the bit that would be most costly for Zen to develop so if it was added to FX3 would expect a charge for it.

Static (or active for Safecracker, Hurricane, Cirqus Voltaire, etc.) backglass image for each table would be good - if there isn't a version coming out with a backbox monitor, maybe a model will be released later if this sells well - US$100 premium to add that? or a bigger differential and have a version also including both a plunger and launch button with downloadable tables?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
From CES 2020

49344238833_0e0aa68ece.jpg

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
oh wow, i was just saying last month on the other mini pinball thing that i wish zen would put one out in either Attack From Mars or MM. now if i could just afford one ha.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Pinside thread, post#152 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/4#post-5398628) shows a box in the third photo and it includes Pinball FX3 logo, so surely that means its based on the PC version and not the mobile app, and has some sort of PC in there - would it be likely to run on Linux/SteamOS so there wouldn't be a Windows license cost to pay for?

Pinball FX3 doesn't support Linux/SteamOS though I know some people have gotten it to somewhat work. Plus, a PC with the proper specs would could cost more than what the cabinet will retail for. And don't be surprised to see the box artwork change as it has "FPO" all over it.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Pinside thread, post#152 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/4#post-5398628) shows a box in the third photo and it includes Pinball FX3 logo, so surely that means its based on the PC version and not the mobile app, and has some sort of PC in there - would it be likely to run on Linux/SteamOS so there wouldn't be a Windows license cost to pay for?

That box looks like Williams Pinball Volume 2. So I think they're going off of table packs.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
That box looks like Williams Pinball Volume 2. So I think they're going off of table packs.

Each of the different cabinet models feature artwork for 3 different tables which are on the display boxes, but I have heard that each cabinet will have more than three tables. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Looks like these are still very much demo builds, based on that video. Probably why no hands on yet. I do hope they figure out that squished DMD though, as it's the wrong aspect ratio. Letterbox that stuff!! Still wanna know what they're gonna do for games with a plunger. Skill shots are a total afterthought if dealing with only a button.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This just hit me too...

Arcade 1UP is dealing with some heavy licensing here. They even have NBA Jam. By partnering with Zen, is it possible the licensing burden gets shared and makes it that much more economical to afford something like NBA Fastbreak?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Really good look at the box in this video at about 10:45. Has some closups of the machines themself earlier in the video as well.

Interesting that the Pinball FX3 logo isn't on that box, but was on the one in the earlier photo. Can't get a clear enough image to see if its the same box with a sticker covering most of the logo.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.