Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arcade1up Star Wars pinball

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sitting here *Drooling* over that “Attack From Mars” cabinet!!!
    It looks so good, I almost don’t care how well it plays! (And I’m sure they’ll fix the DMD aspect ratio.)

If it gets just halfway decent reviews, I’m buying it!!
    It’ll look *sweet* sitting next to my “Vertigo”!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, 擢unhouse

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some info from a live stream last night. The talk about the cabinet in the beginning and then again at 11m40. Looks like it might have a PC in it because it says Pinball FX3 on the box underneath a pending incensing approval sticker.

Some interesting feedback on display tricks to make it appear more 3D and then also the haptic feedback sounds amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdHxbe2hKg

They talk about real nudge and tilt feel, so I wonder if Zen is going to redesign their tilt system away from the time based system they have now to a more realistic force based system?
    Last edited by Cloda; 01-08-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan
    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan
    Discord server - PinStratsDan
    Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not something that I look at a lot, but what surprised me about this offering is that they have licensed software from Zen studios on these cabinets. The question is if Zen has given them additional cabinet support other than what people currently have in the game. For instance, are they providing the back-glass images?

Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a bit of excitement leading up to the reveal, but not much revealed.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely hope cab features aren't locked to an arcade 1up unit. As a cab user asking for cab improvements for so long to get TPA'd again on a cabinet mode would be frustrating to say the least

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    that's probably how the plunger will work, but I hate that.
    The Steam version plunger is set to how long you hold the button down.

A lot of one-thousand-one counts to get the timing close. most shots are less than a one-thousand-one count. Skill shots are a pain with button over plunger.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    It is not something that I look at a lot, but what surprised me about this offering is that they have licensed software from Zen studios on these cabinets. The question is if Zen has given them additional cabinet support other than what people currently have in the game. For instance, are they providing the back-glass images?
    I haven’t had time to watch all the videos, but isn’t the backglass static artwork to match the sides of the cabinet or is there actually a backglass monitor?

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s PC powered, I’m certainly interested.

Just finished moving into a new house and my real pinball machine hasn’t made it past the garage yet because it’s so freaking huge. I love widebodies (in this case, an “extended” wide), but damn are they hard to move, and making space for it is turning out to be a bit of an issue so a mini cab would be much more ideal for the bedroom I’m converting imo my gaming room (had to give the wife the bigger room for her craft room heh).

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Wii U, Vita, PS3, Kindle Fire, PC, Switch
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little suprised they haven't released any official press for this yet. CES has been going on for a few days now, you'd think they'd want to promote it.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is more of a demo than a final product.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    I haven’t had time to watch all the videos, but isn’t the backglass static artwork to match the sides of the cabinet or is there actually a backglass monitor?
    Original post was about the Multipin cabinet, not the Arcade1Up cabinet. The Arcade1Up cabinet has a backlit static image.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok5555555 View Post
    I'm a little suprised they haven't released any official press for this yet. CES has been going on for a few days now, you'd think they'd want to promote it.

It isn't an "official" product just yet. The builds at the show are proof of concept prototypes and there are quite a few things that need to be worked out still before a real announcement is made. What we do know is the Star Wars cabinet is slated for a 3rd Quarter release and will come with 10 Star Wars tables (some not yet released?), but other than that, not much else.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    It isn't an "official" product just yet. The builds at the show are proof of concept prototypes and there are quite a few things that need to be worked out still before a real announcement is made. What we do know is the Star Wars cabinet is slated for a 3rd Quarter release and will come with 10 Star Wars tables (some not yet released?), but other than that, not much else.
    We also know that the “Attack From Mars” cabinet will include 10 Zen Studios Williams/Bally table recreations; and is also scheduled to be released in the 3rd QTR:

Last edited by vfpcoder; 01-08-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    Doubtful, this is an Arcade1Up product, which has wireless for highscores and possibly tournaments with other Arcade1Up cabinet owners. This is their model on all their other products, they make money from hardware, not software downloads, so they want you buy all of the different cabinets.
    That痴 not practicle for most people as we don稚 have unlimited room for unlimited video game cabinets and pinball machines. Or unlimited money to buy them all. I wish that wasn稚 the case, but it sadly is.

My Devices
    Xbox One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some interesting thoughts from Gary Stern on digital vs real pinball. He firstly talked about their digital partner Farsight without even the slightest indication that anything is going to change. He says there is certainly a place for it but everything is programmed in digital pinball i.e. not real random ball physics / playfield reaction etc., and that you will never be able to recreate the physic feeling of the ball and bat game that it is... that "the ball is wild!" and as George Gomez calls it "The randomiser".

I thought Zen did a good job in their Classic Arcade implementation of the randomized aspect of the game as it is a huge departure from their steady-as-a-rock Zen physics ball movement and VPX has also upped the game over the years. I hope Zen blew Gary Sterns mind that only knew Farsight's suction ramps etc. Let's hope Zen remembers that key aspect as they move forward with their Classic Arcade physics implementation as it became much more predictable again since Universal Monsters.

Twitter - PinStratsDan
    Facebook - PinStratsDan

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    We also know that the “Attack From Mars” cabinet will include 10 Zen Studios Williams/Bally table recreations; and is also scheduled to be released in the 3rd QTR:

Hope so, but the only one scheduled for release so far is the Star Wars cabinet. And in the video you posted, while they are demonstrating the Attack from Mars cabinet, only speaks to the Star Wars release date and number of tables.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as there are camera/cabinet miode changes that come in when or before 1up Star Wars launches I'm happy. Happy to let Zen milk Star Wars for as long as they can if it funds more Bally Williams stuff.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Some interesting thoughts from Gary Stern on digital vs real pinball. He firstly talked about their digital partner Farsight without even the slightest indication that anything is going to change.
    Hasn’t it changed already? The Stern app went dormant first, and now they aren’t even releasing tables under the TPA app. Why they would still want to work with them after all that is a mystery to me. They need to go with Zen. Farsight has shown they aren’t up to the task for whatever reason.

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    Hasn稚 it changed already? The Stern app went dormant first, and now they aren稚 even releasing tables under the TPA app. Why they would still want to work with them after all that is a mystery to me. They need to go with Zen. Farsight has shown they aren稚 up to the task for whatever reason.
    Hadn't really thought of it before, but if I was Gary Stern, and really didn't want my tables available digitally, signing with the company who can't afford the license fees to make any new ones is a pretty effective catch and kill strategy.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Hadn't really thought of it before, but if I was Gary Stern, and really didn't want my tables available digitally, signing with the company who can't afford the license fees to make any new ones is a pretty effective catch and kill strategy.
    That would be sneaky (though doesn't automatically mean its not true). From Stern's point-of-view isn't the aim of digital pinball (for current and relatively recently released games) to increase the market for physical games, either by selling more to individuals or getting more people to play them so more are bought by operators.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    That makes no sense to me. Signing with no company at all is an even better strategy if someone didn’t want their tables available digitally.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s well known that Stern’s license with Farsight indicates that there can be no direct cabinet support for their tables. However, they do allow for VR versions of their tables. (Go Figure!)

Bottom Line: We won’t be seeing a Toyshock iteration of the Stern 2009 Star Trek table anytime soon! (Which is a pity!)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123