Arcade1up Star Wars pinball

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow, that actually looks pretty cool. Real nudging, haptic feedback, color DMD. I’m not a huge fan of the Zen originals because of the physics, but if you can buy/download the WMS pins since it has wifi, or at least mod them in, this would be quite appealing imo.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Ahh. Looks like it runs all zen tables. Had to read the pin side thread for those who watched the video before it was pulled.

And color dmd and all of those cabinet features better make it to existing cabinet mode too!

Also. Pinball 2000 Episode 1 table announcement with it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Wait a minute. The playfield image doesn't look like any of the 19 available Star Wars games. I don't know of ANY Star Wars pinball with a yellow background at the top.

Looks like a Rise of Skywalker-variant playfield.

EDIT: Nope, nope. That's Jaws on that playfield. Apologies for the assumption. This raises another question: Why have a Universal game on the playfield, with what looks to be a Bally/Williams style DMD display (looks like Scared Stiff, another unannounced/unreleased game), while advertising this as a Star Wars Arcade1UP Pinball product?

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Whoohooo! I'm not so excited for the cabinet because I doubt if I'll be able to get my hands on it for a good price here in South Africa. What I'm really excited about for FX3 is this last line in the leaked IGN article... other yet to be named, big names in the pinball space!

Can that possibly mean that we'll be getting Stern tables sooner rather than later or can it even be one of the other companies making pinballs these days? Or am I just reading too much into this ;-)

81891343_10156663957936767_2280488533070184448_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
Hope these make it to the EU like the Arcade cabs. Interesting to see if the feedback stuff gets openend up for the homebrew cabs too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wow, that actually looks pretty cool. Real nudging, haptic feedback, color DMD. I’m not a huge fan of the Zen originals because of the physics, but if you can buy/download the WMS pins since it has wifi, or at least mod them in, this would be quite appealing imo.

Totally agree. Get the Williams tables on there and I am suddenly very interested.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I may actually cave and get one of these — If it really includes good analog nudge!!
I mean, if the rumors are true this thing is going to be priced around $500 and will include two monitors (one for color DMD support); accelerometer; and solenoids for mechanical feedback. If all of that is true, then this is a MUST BUY!

Of course, I own all these ZEN tables on my VPCabs Vertigo, but I like the concept of a traditional-looking pinball table at 3/4 scale with analog nudging! (I have dedicated buttons for nudging on the Vertigo, but I keep trying to nudge the cabinet!)

Last edited:

AcadDude

Jul 8, 2018
Man oh man. If they let us add whatever Zen titles we want this is a great deal. It will let people wanting to get into a cabinet for way less. I built my own cabinet for thousands and this will be targeted at less than one thousand. My guess is $700-$800 price point. Not bad for a prebuilt cab. Smaller than a full size cabinet to fit more office/mancave spaces. I think this will sell great. If I can get any Zen title to play on it I would snag it. maybe even mothball the homebuilt cabinet? Say it isn't so! Then I think--> I am not sure if the 3/4 size would be too small but maybe use the hardware in a bigger cabinet. Wonder if a larger playfield monitor would be compatible? DMD might be the right size already or usable. So would it really be a hardware kit for a new cabinet build?

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Sounds like this will come with asterisks. It’ll play a limited number of preloaded games.

The question remains, based on the price tag, this is likely still a mobile device driven version of the Zen games, of which the physics aren’t as good.

This could be nice for those who like the Zen originals. But maybe not as much for the Bally/Williams folks.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm dying to see how much of our speculation in the last BlahCade podcast hits the mark. Very stoked to hear about haptic feedback and accelerometer. Will colorized DMD be coming to the Steam versions of the games too?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.