Monster Bash's original title?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know how many know this but here's a little history tidbit for those that don't. According to Topcast Episode 50's interview with Monster Bash programmer Lyman Sheats, the table was originally going to be called Monster Mash and use the classic song during game play. However, when Roger Sharpe (Williams's licensing manager at the time) approached the single owner of the song property, the guy wanted around half a million dollars to use it! So it never happened. I thought this was interesting because, before I knew this, I had wondered why they didn't use that song. It would have been perfect for the table. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. :rolleyes:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There's also an arcade game from 1982 called Monster Bash, except, being unlicensed, they had to change the Creature from the Black Lagoon to Chameleon Man.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
i'm sorta glad they didn't use the monster mash song. *dodges tomatoes* i really like the song that they created that plays during monster bash multiball.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I agree. I'm glad it didn't work out. Imagine that song on repeat. I can't stand it.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I've probably heard the real Monster Mash song more than anyone here. I remember when it came out.

As Monster Bash is my current fave, I am forever grateful that the song is not associated with this table. They did just fine without it.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
As this game involves getting the band back together, it reminds me of a certain '80 movie with Jake and Elwood.
If anyone ever does a custom made Blues Brothers table, the'll do wisely to use Monster Bash as a basis.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As this game involves getting the band back together, it reminds me of a certain '80 movie with Jake and Elwood.
If anyone ever does a custom made Blues Brothers table, the'll do wisely to use Monster Bash as a basis.

We're on a mission from god

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.