Tips, tricks, and strategy videos

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for the sharing of tips, tricks, and strategy videos. I've been making them for the last half a year or so and am almost through the Williams tables.

I'm trying something new, a shortened format, where the guide will be between 5 - 10 minutes only but where I also link to the full video that I base the guide on (usually my top scoring Top 10 leaderboard game for the table).

My first one in this format is Fish Tales! The one I should have done a long time ago because it is the free table. The reason why I haven't yet, is because I honestly sucked at it until recently!

There is not too much to Fish Tales in Pinball FX3 (Classic Arcade) other than Jackpots and Super Jackpots but in this guide I show you some tips, tricks, and my strategy that worked for my 1.1 billion game!

The full 15 minute video of the game is available if you want to watch it for context.

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve on it! Any feedback will be much appreciated!

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
The Getaway: High Speed II in Pinball FX3 (Classic Arcade) is fast and furious and there is not too much to it but in this shortened tips, tricks, and strategy guide, I explain what worked for me for 1.87 billion high score!

Even though I posted a pretty good score, I wasted a few easy opportunities such as a missed 200 million jackpot, and losing the ball just before the Supercharger mission. The table also has many glitches, especially involving the Supercharger lane diverter, and delays before the ball launch, all which cost me lots of points. Luckily, none of these glitches are game breaking.

This is my second strategy guide that I've done using a less than 10 minute format so please let me know if you like it and how I can improve. Any feedback will be much appreciated!

The full 30 minute video of the game is available if you want to watch it for context.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
In this short form guide for Williams Red and Ted's Road Show, my favorite Pinball FX3 Classic Arcade table, I show and explain my strategy for a Top 10 score. The table has a lot to it, and you have a few different scoring options... if you can stay alive for long enough!

I based my strategy on the PAPA tutorial and the rule sheet for the real table, but I had to make a few adjustments to accommodate what you can do with Zen's physics. I can certainly score much better on the table... if only I can get better with those advance multiplier shots!

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
In this short-from guide for Monster Bash in Pinball FX3 Classic Arcade, I show and explain my strategy and some tricks for getting a big score! The table is not too complicated, but you need to play strategically to get the most out of it.

It is one of the more accessible tables on Classic Arcade and it is my recommendation for new players that want to learn to play with the realistic Classic Arcade physics.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Hurry, hurry, hurry for those millions! Hurricane (Classic Arcade) strategy guide

In this short-from guide for Hurricane in Pinball FX3 Classic Arcade, I show and explain my strategy and some tricks for getting a big score! The table is not too complicated, but there are a few key factors to getting a big score.

There are three goals to aim for on the table - PALACE Jackpots, Clown Time, and Multiball. Over time my focus between the three shifted. That has mostly to do with figuring out safer shots for hitting the Duck standup targets that you need to lock balls for multiball.

The awesome thing about the multiball, is that you can score big points, but shots also count towards the other modes that you required to start Clown Time e.g. you can still hit the Cat targets and start the Hurricane or get millions from Cyclone. You can also advance your multipliers. Everything is a bit frantic, but if you have a good multiball, you can achieve a surprising amount.

Last edited:

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
FunHouse (Classic Arcade) is certainly a whole lot of fun! It is though the kind of table where any loose shots get you in trouble quickly, so you better make sure each one count. In this short-form strategy guide I show you how I approach FunHouse in a safe and efficient way so you can get to those big scores!

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I was playing Funhouse on my Switch and noticed that the lower-right eject was working differently than on a real machine (and in your video). Normally it shoots out enough to either catch on the right flipper or dead pass to the left, but in both Zen physics and classic, the ball was coming out "weak", hitting the right sling. The sling wouldn't activate, but it screws up any ball control. Is this a bug in the Switch version?

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
I was playing Funhouse on my Switch and noticed that the lower-right eject was working differently than on a real machine (and in your video). Normally it shoots out enough to either catch on the right flipper or dead pass to the left, but in both Zen physics and classic, the ball was coming out "weak", hitting the right sling. The sling wouldn't activate, but it screws up any ball control. Is this a bug in the Switch version?

That doesn't right. Maybe add it to the bugs list on here or on the Pinball FX3 Discord.

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
Dr Dude and His Excellent Ray on Pinball FX3 (Classic Arcade) is one tough table! In this tips and strategy guide I keep it simple and play around the dangerous areas of the table including the bumpers and the drop targets. After watching this you'll still have more short games than not, but you'll also have hope for that big scoring game ;)

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
To dock a lot is your destiny! Space Station (Classic Arcade tips and strategy guide)

Space Station (Classic Arcade) presents a unique challenge with it not having any in-lanes. Your goal on the table, multiple rescue jackpots, is straight-forward, but to achieve it is not. While I explain my strategy, I also explain in some detail how you can better control the ball (during and after the main strategy video). In the end though, there is no substitute on this table for putting in many hours so you can get used to the bounce and the flow.

Members online

Members online