Android Pinball Arcade - Unreleased Tables?

daxyd

Feb 11, 2020
So I was playing TPA on android, I was downloading all of my tables (to play offline) and I found some unreleased tables. Here are the tables:
Ace High™ (0.0mb)
Big Bang Bar™ (0.0mb)
Jive Time™ (0.0mb)
Pinball Magic™ (0.0mb)
Playboy™ (0.0mb)
STERN1 (0.0mb)
STERN2 (0.0mb)
STERN3 (0.0mb)
Strikes and Spares™ (0.0mb)
TABLE76 (0.0mb)

That's really strange. We could have had Capcom tables in TPA.
In case your wondering, my version number is: 2.22.37

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I assume Spirit of 76 was table 76. Why bother changing the name to that. Did they think we wouldn’t figure that out?
Shame we didn’t see all these pins. I really miss the monthly releases and fun discussions here on the forum.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
kind of makes you wonder if some of these might still see a release or if they are just old abandoned things. TPA has never come out and said they are done, they havnt released anything in a very long time but every time it comes up they swear more will come.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
There was a lot of buzz a few years back about Pinball Magic... everybody thought it was a done deal. Would love to have seen any of those tables come into the app.

The other one that they were close to doing was Embryon - there was a poll to choose if people wanted Embryon or Paragon, and Paragon won. That was probably the right choice, but I always assumed that Embryon was also in the works and that we would have seen it released. FarSight did a really great job on 70s SS games.

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
This is actually extremely old news. Some of these were released in the early Playstation era as Pinball Hall of Fame. The Capcom (which the license is held by Stern) tables were only ever in alpha/beta states that never got any further. Anyway, unless something drastic happens, I wouldn't hold my breath for these, or any other tables.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just had a look at the bowling stream and only playing the bits where someone mentioned TPA. Mike Lindsey said no plans for updates to it in the foreseeable future. Makes me wonder if the interview mentioned in the previous podcast with Farsight wanting to get licence back may just be them trying to get a licence to sell more of the Arcooda software packs since something seems to happening with that in March?

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
FS over released on consoles. That would make releasing now costly, I’d assume. If they could just concentrate, Steam and Android (for people that like playing pinball on tiny screens).

There is a market for older tables and the older physics would be forgiven. But I can’t spend $20 or $30 or so for a couple of the tables on the Switch that I’d want. I don’t even know if I can trust the Switch tables.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
FS over released on consoles. That would make releasing now costly, I’d assume. If they could just concentrate, Steam and Android (for people that like playing pinball on tiny screens).

That's a really good point. TPA was out on way too many platforms for the size of development shop FarSight was running. All that splintering ended up hurting quality across the board.

It's interesting to wonder if things would've ended differently if they had just focused on say Steam and mobile (or mobile-only)...

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Can that argument be made for Zen? I've seen them on my switch, Steam, and mobile. I also haven't seen a new Williams table in months. Did the contract turn out to not be as lucrative as they had hoped? I feel like I've seen them on my Xbox one, but that may have been TPA.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
yeah zen is just as spread out between many devices as TPA was. minus the ouya, which was just a direct android version anyways. i know this virus stuff has got to be slowing stuff down a little bit. im hoping the big pay off for the wait time comes in the form of a larger than 3 multi pack of pre-dmd tables and not just a single very cool table like indiana jones. not that i would complain about getting IJ, but if after all this time all we see is one thing it will be a let down.

Members online

Members online