No Zaccaria

PaulJansen

Feb 1, 2020
Since 2 days both Zaccaria on iOS and on Steam for Mac Zaccaria doesn't start. On IOS the game stops during startup and on Steam the error is that game won't start due to technical problems. The strange thing is that the producer of the mobile app isn't on internet anymore. If you search for a.s.k. you wil get an error. The servicelink to connect the producer as player in iOS is also broken?? Anyone the same problems?

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I did get a response from the Magic Pixel team. Apple now wants all games to be written for Metal. Zaccaria for iOS was done using OpenGL, and Magic Pixel doesn't plan on recoding it from the ground up. So starting with the next version of iOS (14), Zaccaria will no longer function. Thankfully, my Steam version is working great. (You have to make sure you have the 64-bit version of Steam if you're on a Mac.)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Great that means another 1/2 or so of my ipad games are going to stop working... again. I love Apple products but I seriously am starting to despise Apple as a company.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Put you iPad in airplane mode before opening Zaccaria and it should work. It seem to crash when accessing the internet and airplane mode will prevent that.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Great that means another 1/2 or so of my ipad games are going to stop working... again. I love Apple products but I seriously am starting to despise Apple as a company.

I understand where you're coming from, and it can be really frustrating. On the other hand, Apple is always moving forward and has no compunction about leaving older tech in the dust. How long should they support older apps? Five years? Ten? At some point, the code will become obsolete and some user will get upset. Or the developer can update their code if there's enough demand for their app. I've lost a LOT of apps due to obsolescence. But life goes on. I'm just much more selective about which apps I pay money for, now that I know how Apple operates.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
While others in the industry were able to support both 32bit and 64bit apps Apple decided that wasn’t acceptable for their iOS (even though both coexisted just fine for a while). I get what you are saying but running a 32bit app would not slow down their system. At least I saw no difference in performance after the death of 32bit. Forcing a developer to update their app to metal does not magically make my iPad run better

I’ve spent probably 500$ in iOS apps so yes I expect the apps I paid for to work under iOS. We aren’t taking about a bug fix and the dev decided it wasn’t worth their time and abandonner it. With that I’d blame the dev or hey, it’s been ten years I get it. Rather this this is a policy issue and policy changes should not cause me to lose out on paid apps by forcing a developers hand this way

Anyway really thinking of going the surface pro direction next time. For all it’s bloated ness, windows at least doesn’t abandon older apps so quickly

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
So ... Somebody needs to ask this Question: Will Apple's move to Metal also "break" TPA on iOS 14?
Anybody running the Public Beta?

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Put you iPad in airplane mode before opening Zaccaria and it should work. It seem to crash when accessing the internet and airplane mode will prevent that.

Thank you!! This is working on my iPad pro. not sure how long this will be valid tho...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.