The chances for a Switch physical edition?

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I wonder if Zen could be persuaded to do a physical edition of the Williams season 1 (or 2) on Switch.
I've seen that you can pre-order Streets Of Rage 4 through Limited Run games and I started daydreaming of Zen-Williams.
Also, reading the developers page gave me hope, seems that a developer wouldn't be having financial risks doing this...?
I'd gladly buy it, as I believe game cards will hold longer than digital purchases (that's probably my inner collector speaking)... :D
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/developers

Cheers
Dan

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Depends on how well Star Wars Pinball sold physically. That is going to be their metric.
According to Mel's recent comments in his interview, they were very happy with sales performance of Star Wars Pinball on Switch.

It's actually serving as a gateway title for the studio on that platform.

Here's hoping that paves the way for a teeny-tiny chip in a comparatively oversized plastic box soon.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Already have everything they've released for the Switch digitally (Williams, Star Wars [physical too], and non-SW originals; still waiting on Marvel), but I would also pick up a Williams physical copy if they released one.

I suppose it depends on how Zen really feels about physical releases. What I mean is, did they only release Star Wars pinball physically because Disney wanted them to? There are other factors too. Like the fact that Star Wars is an extremely strong brand. People will buy anything SW branded. Williams may be a premier name among pinball/classic arcade fans, but beyond those communities it doesn't mean much. And keep in mind that SW Pinball had simultaneous physical and digital Switch releases, whereas the Williams tables have been available digitally for a good while now, which could hurt physical sales, as most people don't double dip.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Guess I'll have to buy the SW card and Williams Season 1 digital. Chances are slim for a physical edition, but I'll go ask them when they are back.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Guess I'll have to buy the SW card and Williams Season 1 digital. Chances are slim for a physical editionl, but I'll go ask them when they are back.

I mean, who knows, really. Granted, Star Wars Season 1 on Steam is only 10 tables, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Zen decides to bundle two seasons of Williams together.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It's possible that their contract with Scientific Games forbids it. It's hard to say though.

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection says hi.

Williams Pinball Classics (PC, Encore) also says hi.

Heck, even Pin*Bot and High Speed on NES.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection says hi.
Williams Pinball Classics (PC, Encore) also says hi.
Like Citizen said, WMS wasn't acquired by Scientific Games (SG) until late 2013. The physical releases in 2013 and prior from Farsight were with the actual WMS and not SG. Farsight was forced to release nothing but Gottlieb tables in the second half of season 2, because they had to renegotiate the license with SG. It might also explain why season 2 wasn't released on the PS4 in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.