Zaccaria Pinball on iPad Problem

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
I have an iPad 3 (updated to 9.3.5, the last released). I've had Zaccaria Pinball installed forever, works well on this old thing. The application hasn't been updated since 2015. It stopped working sometime over the past month or two; it immediately closes upon opening. Basically, neither the app nor the iOS have been updated for years and it suddenly doesn't work.

Does anyone have the app on an iPad (any gen) and is in the same situation? I deleted and re-installed, hard started the iPad, etc. Can't figure out what could have happened.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I don't know the answer to your question however Zaccaria has a decent facebook presence and they usually respond to questions within a couple of days. It would be a good way to bring this issue up with them

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
I don't know the answer to your question however Zaccaria has a decent facebook presence and they usually respond to questions within a couple of days. It would be a good way to bring this issue up with them

Thanks, I'll try that!

You were right; they replied to me only hours after I contacted them. They said they have heard the same from other users and while they are currently busy updating the Xbox version (I didn't know that was in the works; lining it up with the PC version perhaps?), fixing the iOS version is on their list.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Yeah the Xbox version was released a while back but they are preparing a pack with some of the newer tables. This is part of the newer Zaccaria Pinball that is not yet out for ios (and I'm not certain the newer version will be coming, but they will surely fix it so that the old version loads). They are also coming out with a PS4 version soon.

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
Yeah the Xbox version was released a while back but they are preparing a pack with some of the newer tables. This is part of the newer Zaccaria Pinball that is not yet out for ios (and I'm not certain the newer version will be coming, but they will surely fix it so that the old version loads). They are also coming out with a PS4 version soon.

In their response to me they said the update will include 7 new remakes, 3 deluxe tables, 1 new game mode, and bug fixes. Can't wait. They're a small team and I'm really impressed with their dedication to supporting their games.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
They are fantastic and I'm beyond happy that they let me contribute to their project (and really happy the ios version is getting the new updates too!)

Jay

May 19, 2012
My iPad is still running it fine. Obvious question, and you've probably already done this: have you tried deleting the app, rebooting your iPad and then reinstalling the app? That's what I had to do when I updated to iOS 13.

petewhitley

Aug 19, 2015
My iPad is still running it fine. Obvious question, and you've probably already done this: have you tried deleting the app, rebooting your iPad and then reinstalling the app? That's what I had to do when I updated to iOS 13.

I did do that, but thanks for the advice. Actually this ancient beast is stuck on iOS 9.3.5, the last supported update for iPad 3. Strangely enough I'm pretty sure it used to actually work post-OS and Zaccaria update; I believe it just up and stopped working at some point in the past several months (I may be wrong though). Makes me think it may be a hardware problem on my end, but apparently others are having similar problems.

Jay

May 19, 2012
After the recent iOS update, Zaccaria now crashes on both my iPad and iPhone. It's still available for download in the App Store and is advertised as working with current devices. I sent feedback to Apple, but I wonder if they'll say it's up to Magic Pixel (ASK Homework) to fix it. I had purchased the premium pack with all the tables, so I hope it gets fixed. Those tables were my favorites on mobile.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
If you come across an issue, I highly recommend you send a note to Magic Pixel via facebook as they have a strong presence there.

Members online

Members online