XBOX One Controller Issue on Android

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Setup:
Galaxy Note 10+ with XBOX One controller connected.

No options presented to configure controller.
Start playing a game and right flipper is up, unless I press up on the right analog stick (consequently pressing down on the stick raises the left flipper).

Have to essentially play with the right analog stick up at all times.

Anyone else have this issue?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Has the Xbox One controller worked for you before now? Or is this the first time using this (or any) controller on this tablet?

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Setup:
Galaxy Note 10+ with XBOX One controller connected.

No options presented to configure controller.
Start playing a game and right flipper is up, unless I press up on the right analog stick (consequently pressing down on the stick raises the left flipper).

Have to essentially play with the right analog stick up at all times.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yep I had the same problem when my Note 9 updated to android 10. The Elite series 2 controller is the only Xbox controller that works properly with the Zen Williams pinball app on android 10. I asked Zen customer support about it and they basically blew me off, saying that the Xbox controllers aren't "officially supported" so tough excrement buddy. I started a thread about this a while back and I posted the email from Zen verbatim.

So there you are.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Has the Xbox One controller worked for you before now? Or is this the first time using this (or any) controller on this tablet?

Yes, and I use it for both emulation and for GRID Motorsport with no issue.

Oh and is it wired connection or Bluetooth?

Bluetooth, and how you been? Long time no see :)

Yep I had the same problem when my Note 9 updated to android 10. The Elite series 2 controller is the only Xbox controller that works properly with the Zen Williams pinball app on android 10. I asked Zen customer support about it and they basically blew me off, saying that the Xbox controllers aren't "officially supported" so tough excrement buddy. I started a thread about this a while back and I posted the email from Zen verbatim.

So there you are.

So it did work in Android 9?

Maybe I'll try installing it on my daughter's Note 8 and see if that sorts it....for science of course.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
So it did work in Android 9?

Maybe I'll try installing it on my daughter's Note 8 and see if that sorts it....for science of course.

Yes the Xbox one, elite series one and Scuff premier controllers all worked perfectly on android 9 in addition to the elite series 2. After the update to android 10, they all showed the same behaviour that you describe, save for the elite series 2.

It's not much fun trying to play pinball with wonky flippers.
Also, all those controllers seem to work fine on the Zen pinball app (originals, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.), it's just the Williams app that has the problem.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
phones and ps4/xbox controllers can be so frustrating to get working right. and even if you do these idots making the games arnt putting in the proper profiles for such popular everyone has them controllers when clearly they have the ability to add this as some games do. all the emulators were made by people who gave enough of a damn to add control options to change anything to anything while these legit app guys are like no only press what we say.

Members online

Members online