Williams Pinball Volume 6

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Cool! Thank you for doing that. I'm saving the link to your page in a place where I can find it next time.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm playing on PS4 Pro (will get them for PC later) and is it TPA or Zen who's sound on Dr. Dude is wrong? I'm used to how it sounded on TPA and it sounds drastically different on FX3. Never saw the table IRL so I wouldn't know which is correct.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm playing on PS4 Pro (will get them for PC later) and is it TPA or Zen who's sound on Dr. Dude is wrong? I'm used to how it sounded on TPA and it sounds drastically different on FX3. Never saw the table IRL so I wouldn't know which is correct.

FX3's version is more accurate to the real machine, while Pinball Arcade has sound effects either missing or slightly varied. Pinball Arcade also does not emulate the audio accurately to the measure, music-wise.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Does anyone remember what the Zen coins cost was to unlock the three Vol 6 tables at four stars was? I blindly purchased the unlock but didn’t pay much attention to what the cost actually was. Thanks

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I purchased the pack earlier today and it's now running on my VPCabs Vertigo.

"Funhouse" is very satisfying in both standard and enhanced modes. The bumper "light show" in the enhanced mode is particularly effective.
Happy Camper here! (Need to try out the the other two tables "soon".)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

"Funhouse" is very satisfying in both standard and enhanced modes. The bumper "light show" in the enhanced mode is particularly effective.

You lovin’ that Vertigo cab or fo you now wish you’d gone with their standard design (cost of course being a factor). What does it take to get the tables on there? Does it just update with Steam and your PC, or does it have its own store?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

Agreed. I think the physics around the slingshots and flippers is working really well on Funhouse. It’s got a great feel imo.

Also glad the random name calls from Rudy are working too. :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I really like the Funhouse and Space Station recreations. In a cabinet the colours of Funhouse look really realistic (not cartoony). When the lights in Space Station dim out and flashers go on when locking a ball, etc. the table looks great. It just shows what can be achieved with better lighting adjustors. If only Zen could offer a slider to dim the lights down more many of the tables would look a lot better.

One bug: Funhouse and Dr Dude don't disable the plunger cam in cabinet mode, whereas Space Station correctly does.

I am using the DOFLinx active backglasses on the second screen available on VPforums and these really set these tables off nicely. For anyone else who is only using static backglasses in their 2 screen portrait setup, it is really worth giving them a go.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I’m finding Zen's idea of “easy”, and my idea of easy to be two completely different things.

Doctor Dude one ball challenge - doable but completely hard for me sometimes taking 30 or 40 minutes to achieve. I am often missing out on parts rewards for it simply because I don’t have that kind of time and have to skip it which does not make me happy.

Space Station - the survial mode is impossible for me. Cannot do it. So I guess it will sit there forzen and with no parts earned from it the rest of the event. I simply cannot do it. Which makes me angry.

Easy? I don’t think so. Never had challenges I just had to give up on before. Beyond frustrating.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Space Station survival with the 1 million score goal is very frustrating. All I can say is lock those balls and pray you have a good multiball. Also light those upper inlanes to get the pop bumpers worth 1000, maybe even 1500 if you can manage a 2nd go around.

Dr Dude, collect magnetic personality and the hearts first. Shoot the ray and often it’ll give you gift of gab at that point. Completing multiball gives you 2x scoring, so it really is all about getting to that quickly.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What on Funhouse got censored? I’m assuming the buxom nurse on the backglass is what you are referencing for Dr Dude.

Hammerjoe

Jan 28, 2020
I’m finding Zen's idea of “easy”, and my idea of easy to be two completely different things.

Doctor Dude one ball challenge - doable but completely hard for me sometimes taking 30 or 40 minutes to achieve. I am often missing out on parts rewards for it simply because I don’t have that kind of time and have to skip it which does not make me happy.

Space Station - the survial mode is impossible for me. Cannot do it. So I guess it will sit there forzen and with no parts earned from it the rest of the event. I simply cannot do it. Which makes me angry.

Easy? I don’t think so. Never had challenges I just had to give up on before. Beyond frustrating.

I was going to post something similar as well and for me its even worse I cant get past the first challenge on the space sation. Get 4000 points with one ball.
I have played over 30 games now and I cant get it.
Sometimes one game lasts less than 10 seconds of game play and the flippers dont even get to touch the ball.

So I tossed the game aside and will probably not play it again for some time. Theres gazzilions of games out there that are fun to play.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
What on Funhouse got censored? I’m assuming the buxom nurse on the backglass is what you are referencing for Dr Dude.

on PC version (and probably others as well) go into Options , Click the Legal Resources tab and at the bottom of the menu bar there is a box titled:

Williams Pinball Age Rating Considerations:
[Game title]

Every time you click on that box the game name changes and you can cycle through them all to see what they changed. Vol 6 text below

Dr Dude
Cabinet backbox front: adjusted the dress of the central female character

Funhouse
Cabinet back box front: adjusted the dress of the female figure at the skirt blowing machine, the female figure holding a popcorn, and the female figure with the balloons

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ah, okay.

I’m not even noticing since I play cab mode and use the original back box art I found online for my 2nd monitor. I didn’t think there was any changes needed or done to the play field art.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.