Disappearing server?

Jay

May 19, 2012
When I launched TPA on Steam today and played a few tables, after each game I no longer saw high scores but instead a message box with the error, "The specified server could not be found." It would be a bummer if scores aren't saved locally and the TPA server is permanently offline. I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

EDIT: Apparently, it was temporary. After a reboot, scores are working normally. *Phew*

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For what it's worth, FarSight said that as long as they are a studio, the servers will exist. Apparently the servers they use handle the TPA load very easily and it costs them very little to keep running.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Thing is though, Farsight has said quite a few things that never ended up coming true.

A good many of these things were beyond their control. They certainly have been the Peter Molyneux of digital pinball, no doubt about it, but so long as they have control over this, they will likely keep to it.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^A more interesting aspect of the FS servers if and when they actually shut down would concern tables bought from inside the PBA app itself, as apposed to the table bought directly from the steam store, as some have noted that the steam versions would always be avalible to the users even if FS went down because they were stored on steam as was the transaction, whereas the PBA tables bought within the PBA won't show on your steam account because they bypass the steam account system and go directly to FS, so if FS were to go then those in app tables would no longer be avalible to get at or play because the server would be gone...unless of course FS have a way to transfer all the in app transactions to steams account system, which i suppose would work.

Azathoth

Dec 17, 2017
Thing is though, Farsight has said quite a few things that never ended up coming true.

Being that the friends list score tables have been completely messed up on PS3/Vita for years, and neither Stern nor TPA doesn't even have a friends list score on Switch, I personally wouldn't even notice if their server was shut down.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.