Pinball Arcade and Stern Arcade PS4 running on the PS5

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
If you goto the sony store and look at pinball arcade.. it says this..

Description

When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

--

Pinball FX and Zac say this..

To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent.

So Obviously Pinball Arcade has some issues on the PS5.

It's a generic statement. Every PS4 game has this as a disclaimer regarding use on PS5.

We're good to go.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It's a generic statement. Every PS4 game has this as a disclaimer regarding use on PS5.

We're good to go.

I think Captain Caveman was referencing the line for the TPA description that says “the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available one pS4 may not be present,” which is not on the descriptions for other games like PFX3 and Zp.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
I can say for now Pinball Arcade plays at Xbox series X, also Zen pinball FX3 last one seems even to run a bit faster in the tables then before, but that could also just be cause now we have 60fps also XD

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Thing about TPA on PS5......saying, “the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior" can also be said about the PS4, so it will probably be fine.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm very interested in learning how TPA runs on PS5 also. I don't know when I'll get a PS5, but it will be when I can get one at a store, so probably a few months at best. Still, TPA is the one game I care about most as far as BC on PS5 is concerned. Naturally, I'll be keeping my PS4 Pro, but if TPA runs alright, that would go a long way towards being able to kick out the PS4 once getting a PS5.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^Well from what i have been hearing if you already have a Pro then you won't see an difference as BC on the PS5 will only offer pro level improvemnts as it seems the BC is capped at what it can use of the PS5 power wise, so unless there are games you want on the PS5 then you might be cheaper sticking with the Pro for the mean time.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
TPA plays well on PS5 ,i have the PS5 digital . only one thing , you need an outside hard drive for all your PS4 games . the PS5 only downloads PS5 games , your PS4 games will get downloaded to the extension hard drive . PS5 games are bloody quick in starting , PS4 games start like they did on your PS4 console .controller on PS5 games is great , but on PS4 games it`s plays like a PS4 controller . if you have playstation plus you get 20 free games , top games like GT SPORTS , Batman , Mortal Kombat X, Battlefield 1 , God of War 3 and God of War , Call of Duty Black Ops ,Bloodbourne , and another 12 games . a few gliches . overall i`m very happy . and in 2 weeks my XBOX Series X will arrive .also you only get 660 gb for downloading your games .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
also it says on a few of my PS4 games you might have trouble with the game , i haven`t noticed anything yet .:cool:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
TPA plays well on PS5 ,i have the PS5 digital . only one thing , you need an outside hard drive for all your PS4 games . the PS5 only downloads PS5 games , your PS4 games will get downloaded to the extension hard drive . PS5 games are bloody quick in starting , PS4 games start like they did on your PS4 console .controller on PS5 games is great , but on PS4 games it`s plays like a PS4 controller . if you have playstation plus you get 20 free games , top games like GT SPORTS , Batman , Mortal Kombat X, Battlefield 1 , God of War 3 and God of War , Call of Duty Black Ops ,Bloodbourne , and another 12 games . a few gliches . overall i`m very happy . and in 2 weeks my XBOX Series X will arrive .also you only get 660 gb for downloading your games .:cool:

Wait....you can't save your PS5 games to the external HDD for storage, and i assume you mean't to type 860 GB rather than 660 GB, easy thing to do. lol

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
there is only 660gb left over on the PS5, the 200gb taken is for the OS and quick load/save/swap I guess.

wolfson: You saying if a user doesn't have a portable external drive, they can't download PS4 games?!? I know you can play them from there (though I thought that wasn't "ready" yet but are you saying they HAVE to be on there?

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^Wow.....660 gig space for a console aimed at 4k 120fps and RT, so just were are all those 4k and Rt textures going to be stored, in lal lal land. lol

How many game are you going to be able to store on that 4/5....games the PS4 and over 80/90 gig, and that is for 1080p textures. lol

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
there is only 660gb left over on the PS5, the 200gb taken is for the OS and quick load/save/swap I guess.

wolfson: You saying if a user doesn't have a portable external drive, they can't download PS4 games?!? I know you can play them from there (though I thought that wasn't "ready" yet but are you saying they HAVE to be on there?

You can download your PS4 games to the internal drive from what I've heard. I think currently, you can't store PS5 games on an external drive, and they are working on that.

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
Is there anyone that has all the tables for Pinball Arcade and tried them on PS5? I just want to make sure they all work since this game is on the list of games that may experience problems on PS5, but it doesn't say what those problems are.

wolfson

May 24, 2013

loafer it`s all confusing for my pea brain , you can store PS5 on the outside hard drive but you can`t play them , but you can transfer to the inside hard drive from there . the youngsters at EB Games said there are no outside hard drive for the PS5 yet . the extra space for an added hard drive inside the console has been turned off for now . RevengeFan i have played quite a lot of the tables and so far all good . i would have played more but i`ve been playin Project Cars 3 , Dirt 5 and NFS Heat . i`m very happy with te console . al my PS4 games play really well on the PS5 .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
sorry i got mixed up with XBOX , you can`t store PS5 games on your PS4 external hard drive . spins my head haha :eek:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^What!, you can't even store PS5 games on a external storage device, this is madness, the internal SDD is way too small for modern games yet they won't even allow you to store your library on a external device so you don't need to keep downloading them, like you can do now with last gen, hell you can do it on the new xbox consoles, so why are Sony not allowing it, this is nuts. lol

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Firefox , from what i have managed to find out , we are going to wait until they decide when to bring the extension hard drive out . i`m using my old extension from my PS4 for all of my PS4 games , every game works except for Isle of Man 2 . i get my XBOX in about 10 days but i have already bought and picked up a 1 TB card . not exactly cheap $356 au which is about $220 us . they are screwing my little brain . once everything settles down we should be fine , i hope . personally i think XBOX has the better setup . :cool:

Members online

Members online