Thread: Pinball Arcade and Stern Arcade PS4 running on the PS5

My Devices
    PC,Xbox One,Kindle Fire HDX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    game pass suck lol... streaming games ruins the 100% crispyness of seeing it rendered raw. i am highly skeptical the games will look anywhere near as amazing when they are compressed into a streaming video codec, espeshially if your going for 4k.
    That's why you just download the game from Game Pass and then you don't need to stream it.

My Devices
    PS4, XB1, Switch
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    game pass suck lol... streaming games ruins the 100% crispyness of seeing it rendered raw.
    Game Pass requires you to download the game to play it. What the hell are you talking about?
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-01-2020 at 03:04 PM.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a look at what Game Pass has to offer for $9.99/mo (for PC, not getting an XBox), and not impressed enough.to consider it. Sticking with NSO ($34.99/yr, worth it for Tetris 99 and the NES/SNES collections alone).

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Had a look at what Game Pass has to offer for $9.99/mo (for PC, not getting an XBox), and not impressed enough.to consider it. Sticking with NSO ($34.99/yr, worth it for Tetris 99 and the NES/SNES collections alone).
    It may be worth the $1 cost for the first month for Ultimate to play through a few games (on Android too) and then cancel before it renews for the next month.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    It may be worth the $1 cost for the first month for Ultimate to play through a few games (on Android too) and then cancel before it renews for the next month.
    Not with Baldur's Gate 3 hitting Early Access in a couple of weeks, and new Civ 6 content tomorrow, it isn't

"You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not with Baldur's Gate 3 hitting Early Access in a couple of weeks, and new Civ 6 content tomorrow, it isn't
    So your NSO membership will be wasted during that time as well. Good to know.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    So your NSO membership will be wasted during that time as well. Good to know.
    That's the family membership rate; my kids can (and will) put it to good use!

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope I'm not repeating myself but at last years E3, they had a ridiculous special to try and convince people to Join gamepass: for a one time fee of $1, they would upgrade your existing XBL access to include gamepass. So like a few other people, I renewed my XBL access to the max length (3 years) and for $1 I now have full gamepass access for both XBOX and PC. Keep in mind I was going to renew my XBL access anyway so it's not like I spent more. Well I did, $1

It's convenient, having a lot of fun with MS Flight Simulator 2020 at zero charge extra. Gamepass is great for what it is. It's not for everyone but hey that's cool.

My Devices
    In order of priority... [PS4] [PS3] [Switch] [Fire HD] [PS Vita] [Wii U] [iPod 6th gen] [New 3DS XL]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox2000 View Post
    This has been Sony's war chant since the announced the PS5, they even had a hour long presentation on the hardware and how it was being built for next gen and how the specoal SSD speeds could not even be acheived on a PC, then last week they announced PS5 games were also coming to the PS4, so now after all this time or hyping up "only avalible on the special PS5 hardware" then then tell everyone those PS5 games will be held back by having to run on hardware that is 7 years old, i mean Sony want you to buy their PS5, but they won't give a 100% guarantee of 100% back compat, but they also won't let go of those 100 million plus 7 year old console owners, i mean it is a right old mess and one of their own making. lol
    Nothing is being "held back" by having a port on the PS4. They are of course optimized for the PS5, and then scaled down to work on the PS4. Think of it like a PC game with the settings set to "low detail", lower resolution, "advanced ray tracing: off", and so on. If you own a PS4 and don't want to take advatange of the newer advancements, then stick with it. There will likely be a few more AAA releases for the next 3-4 years.

It's like this with almost every console launch. There were lots of games which saw older hardware releases, alongside newly launch games PS3/PS4/360/XBO ports. Some of them (Resogun, a PS4 launch title) even came out to the PS3 over a year later. It ran slower, and at 720p, but they didn't want to ignore the millions of PS3 owners.

Make no mistake though, games such as Horizon: Forbidden West, and Spider-Man Miles Morales, will take full advantage of the PS5 hardware. This should include: no loading times, instant fast travel, ray traced graphics, a 60fps mode, Tempest 3D spacial audio system, likely a smaller file/disc size (since assets won't have to be redrawn hundreds/thousands of times), and of course, the DualSense controller enhancements (adaptive triggers, haptic feedback).

There will be games which integrate the fast SSD/bandwidth into the gameplay, which can't be ported to the PS4, such as Ratchet & Clank A Drift Apart. A game like that would have long, game breaking, loading every time Ratchet enters a portal. I'm sure more and more developers will take advantage of the new hardware as time goes on.

My Devices
    In order of priority... [PS4] [PS3] [Switch] [Fire HD] [PS Vita] [Wii U] [iPod 6th gen] [New 3DS XL]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been Sony's war chant since the announced the PS5, they even had a hour long presentation on the hardware and how it was being built for next gen and how the specoal SSD speeds could not even be acheived on a PC, then last week they announced PS5 games were also coming to the PS4, so now after all this time or hyping up "only avalible on the special PS5 hardware" then then tell everyone those PS5 games will be held back by having to run on hardware that is 7 years old, i mean Sony want you to buy their PS5, but they won't give a 100% guarantee of 100% back compat, but they also won't let go of those 100 million plus 7 year old console owners, i mean it is a right old mess and one of their own making. lol

GamePass seems decent, but Plus is a better deal for me. I've been a Plus member since the beginning. I now have over 700 free PSN games available to me, with new ones being added each month. I also stacked 10 years worth of Plus when it was only $22/year. So I can't complain about that. I consider the games to be free, while paying for online play, 2TB of cloud saves, and more.

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The loafer View Post
    Hope I'm not repeating myself but at last years E3, they had a ridiculous special to try and convince people to Join gamepass: for a one time fee of $1, they would upgrade your existing XBL access to include gamepass. So like a few other people, I renewed my XBL access to the max length (3 years) and for $1 I now have full gamepass access for both XBOX and PC. Keep in mind I was going to renew my XBL access anyway so it's not like I spent more. Well I did, $1

It's convenient, having a lot of fun with MS Flight Simulator 2020 at zero charge extra. Gamepass is great for what it is. It's not for everyone but hey that's cool.
    Ha, i did the same, i had just stacked 3 years of Gold when they announced the £1 thing, and that was ayear ago, and i still have 2 years left of UGP, plus they are giving you MS reward points just for playing games, so i also have 35,000 in MS reward points and it just keeps climbing......love it....but even better is that i almost have 90% of my xbox 360 library now on the XBX, plus some of those titles have been enhanced to 4k, and MS announced recently that all xbox 360 games on the new XSX will have HDr support and 4k, i mean this is how you do BC, love it.
    Last edited by Firefox2000; 09-26-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Steam: The Omega Man
    XBox: The Omega M4n

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, i did the same, i had just stacked 3 years of Gold when they announced the £1 thing, and that was ayear ago, and i still have 2 years left of UGP, plus they are giving you MS reward points just for playing games, so i also have 35,000 in MS reward points and it just keeps climbing......love it....but even better is that i almost have 90% of my xbox 360 library now on the XBX, plus some of those titles have been enhanced to 4k, and MS announced recently that all xbox 360 games on the new XSX will have HDr support and 4k, i mean this is how you do BC, love it.
    While it's nice that Microsoft is still supporting some degree of backwards compatibility, it's still not complete backwards compatibility. For me personally, if all of my games aren't supported, I leave the original consoles set up. (I currently have 18 of them on a rack). Sony had the right idea with the launch PS3. Just include the original hardware to play nearly every PS1 & PS2 game, with PS2 accuracy, thank to the Emotion Engine inclusion, unfortunately it was a price issue, with the PS3 selling for $600, they had to rethink that strategy.

I really wish the Xbox Series X supported the full set of original Xbox games, since those were my favorites, but it appears to still only support 39 of the 700+ releases. IIRC, the Series X is going to support only the games which were already backwards compatible with the Xbox One X. Maybe they'll add more classic Xbox support. That would be a good thing.

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Here in the UK/EU Sony removed all PS2 bc form the PS3 at launch over here, and for anyone who decided to gain BC back via installing linux for adding emulators on their PS3 Sony removed that also, so BC wise Sony over here have been complete ***hats, but they will of course sell you £40 remasters. lol

My Devices
    Playstation 4, Xbox One X, Steam, Switch and Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    game pass suck lol... streaming games ruins the 100% crispyness of seeing it rendered raw. i am highly skeptical the games will look anywhere near as amazing when they are compressed into a streaming video codec, espeshially if your going for 4k. also sega genesis rules!!!! if only the sega channel wasnt a worthless brick today ha
    You prove time and time again that you have absolutely NO IDEA what spews out of your mouth. If you're that clueless can you do us a favor and zip it?

My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you goto the sony store and look at pinball arcade.. it says this..

Description

When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

--

Pinball FX and Zac say this..

To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent.

So Obviously Pinball Arcade has some issues on the PS5.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
    If you goto the sony store and look at pinball arcade.. it says this..

Description

When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

--

Pinball FX and Zac say this..

To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent.

So Obviously Pinball Arcade has some issues on the PS5.
    It's a generic statement. Every PS4 game has this as a disclaimer regarding use on PS5.

We're good to go.

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbb View Post
    It's a generic statement. Every PS4 game has this as a disclaimer regarding use on PS5.

We're good to go.
    I think Captain Caveman was referencing the line for the TPA description that says “the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available one pS4 may not be present,” which is not on the descriptions for other games like PFX3 and Zp.

My Devices
    PC, Android, PS4, XSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say for now Pinball Arcade plays at Xbox series X, also Zen pinball FX3 last one seems even to run a bit faster in the tables then before, but that could also just be cause now we have 60fps also XD

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing about TPA on PS5......saying, “the game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior" can also be said about the PS4, so it will probably be fine.

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did anyone grab a PS5 and did PBA run on it via BC?

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very interested in learning how TPA runs on PS5 also. I don't know when I'll get a PS5, but it will be when I can get one at a store, so probably a few months at best. Still, TPA is the one game I care about most as far as BC on PS5 is concerned. Naturally, I'll be keeping my PS4 Pro, but if TPA runs alright, that would go a long way towards being able to kick out the PS4 once getting a PS5.

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^Well from what i have been hearing if you already have a Pro then you won't see an difference as BC on the PS5 will only offer pro level improvemnts as it seems the BC is capped at what it can use of the PS5 power wise, so unless there are games you want on the PS5 then you might be cheaper sticking with the Pro for the mean time.

My Devices
    XBOX1S , laptop , PS5
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPA plays well on PS5 ,i have the PS5 digital . only one thing , you need an outside hard drive for all your PS4 games . the PS5 only downloads PS5 games , your PS4 games will get downloaded to the extension hard drive . PS5 games are bloody quick in starting , PS4 games start like they did on your PS4 console .controller on PS5 games is great , but on PS4 games it`s plays like a PS4 controller . if you have playstation plus you get 20 free games , top games like GT SPORTS , Batman , Mortal Kombat X, Battlefield 1 , God of War 3 and God of War , Call of Duty Black Ops ,Bloodbourne , and another 12 games . a few gliches . overall i`m very happy . and in 2 weeks my XBOX Series X will arrive .also you only get 660 gb for downloading your games .

My Devices
    XBOX1S , laptop , PS5
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also it says on a few of my PS4 games you might have trouble with the game , i haven`t noticed anything yet .

My Devices
    PC(Steam).
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfson View Post
    TPA plays well on PS5 ,i have the PS5 digital . only one thing , you need an outside hard drive for all your PS4 games . the PS5 only downloads PS5 games , your PS4 games will get downloaded to the extension hard drive . PS5 games are bloody quick in starting , PS4 games start like they did on your PS4 console .controller on PS5 games is great , but on PS4 games it`s plays like a PS4 controller . if you have playstation plus you get 20 free games , top games like GT SPORTS , Batman , Mortal Kombat X, Battlefield 1 , God of War 3 and God of War , Call of Duty Black Ops ,Bloodbourne , and another 12 games . a few gliches . overall i`m very happy . and in 2 weeks my XBOX Series X will arrive .also you only get 660 gb for downloading your games .
    Wait....you can't save your PS5 games to the external HDD for storage, and i assume you mean't to type 860 GB rather than 660 GB, easy thing to do. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast