Williams' Collection Volume 7 guesses

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Yea, Eight Ball Deluxe, Centaur, and Taxi would be quite the hit for me.

A few of the other B/W Collections included one table I didn't really want, but Volume 6 was the first time I didn't care about two of the titles (Funhouse and Dr. Dude). That's just me of course. But that meh-ism combined with the long lag time while Zen apparently focused on projects of no interest to me has moved me from a dependable 100% Day One Buyer, to someone finally motivated to figure out PinballX. A really great 3-pack would reel me back in.

If there are other people who feel as I do, I hope Zen does not misinterpret potentially low early sales as demonstration of low interest in alpha numerics. No, it's more like low interest in Dr. Dude and having to hear about junky little toy cabinets for ten months.

Isn't there a third table that conceptually accompanies Dr. Dud and Potty Zone that we'll probably be required to choke down? What is that?

Last edited:

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
I firmly believe Zen’s ridiculous commitment to censorship will dictate what tables we get. I play on PC/IOS so thankfully aside from the bits of censorship that sneak through as bugs, I don’t have to put it up with it, but consoles do. So:
Who Dunnit can’t be done without the gambling.
Jack.bot can’t be done without the gambling.
Cactus Canyon can’t be done without the alcohol and violence.
Scared Stiff/Party Monsters can’t be done without the sex references.

Therefore I’d say the next pack would be something like: Whirlwind, Eight Ball Deluxe and Bride of Pinbot. All with heavy artwork tweaking, but thematically safe. I really hope in the future Zen will tweak their rating so that censorship is a thing of the past, it must take forever, no one wants it and if it’s actually stopping popular games from coming out that’s even worse!

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Bride of pinbot wouldn't also be possible the playfield is a sex reference, like a ex girlfriend of mine said pinball was every time related with sex till Sexism, stereotypes till raccism, gambling

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Why is jack bot so popular? To me it's a bad update of a great game. Pinbot is a classic, Bride of Pinbot moreso.

Zen did hit a nice sweet spot with this last release.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I wouldn't mind a Zen version of Black Hole. I really enjoy that table, but Farsight screwed up the background sound on it in one of their last updates (how long ago was that now?) and it doesn't repeat on PS4 anymore until the ball hits something to cue a different sound, then it will play a single loop of the background sound again. And by the time I upgraded my PC to actually be able to play modern games games, TPA lost the Bally/Williams license, so I don't have it there. Sigh.....

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind a Zen version of Black Hole. I really enjoy that table, but Farsight screwed up the background sound on it in one of their last updates (how long ago was that now?) and it doesn't repeat on PS4 anymore until the ball hits something to cue a different sound, then it will play a single loop of the background sound again. And by the time I upgraded my PC to actually be able to play modern games games, TPA lost the Bally/Williams license, so I don't have it there. Sigh.....
Errrr..., Black Hole is a Gottlieb table. It should still be availble to purchase on PC version of TPA. Most likely you will need to buy a Gottlieb bundle pack to get it though.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I just noticed that pinball fx3 says I own 99 out of 99 tables. Since the next release will be the 100th tables, maybe it will be something licensed/special like Indiana Jones

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Taxi
Cyclone
F-14 Tomcat

Don’t care that they are all in TPA. Give me Zen versions. (With proper cabinet view angles)

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
Radical!, Black Knight 2000, and Jackbot, unless they are sticking dough from other games to give us Addams Family, Twilight Zone and T2, you never know...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I so hope for F-14 Tomcat.

Agreed that a great table. I saw a real one in pristine condition in a retro shop in France near the Geneva border about 3-4 years ago. It was only about 1100 euros but at the time I wasn't sure if I was staying in the country so I couldn't buy it. I am kicking myself to this day.

In the meantime there is a great VPX version released last week. I hope Zen can achieve the lighting like this:

Need to play the video at 720p 60fps quality to see fluid ball motion.
https://youtu.be/ApmzGIY5pxE

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Taxi, and I hope ramp shooting is not so hard like fish tales. It's so hard to make a series of shots on fish tales (i'm not a good player but on TPA version it was not that hard and fun)

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Is there any word on a release timeline? If it is six months, I can live with six months, but it'd be nice to know if it'll be a while.

PaulJansen

Feb 1, 2020
I would be happy when any new Williams table is released. We are in the 4th year of Zen having the license and it is very very very silence at the Williams development. Introducing physic pinball machines, new StarWars tables, new Zen tables, freaking with VR......but Williams?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I would be happy when any new Williams table is released. We are in the 4th year of Zen having the license and it is very very very silence at the Williams development. Introducing physic pinball machines, new StarWars tables, new Zen tables, freaking with VR......but Williams?

We won't see any until the Pinball FX (reboot) releases.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.