Thread: AtGames Legends pinball

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AtGames Legends pinball

I watched a number of Youtube videos on this table over the weekend with lots of positive feedback. Despite it being based on the 22 Gottlieb tables from TPA, I'm still tempted. Anybody familiar with the Atgames ecosystem have opinions/insights into if this is worth it beyond the 22 (or should I just keep waiting for the A1Up AfM)?

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, based on the youtube videos, the TPA physics seem to have been finally tuned for challenging game play. And the internal tables are all provided at 60 FPS, 1080p on a 36" table screen with a 15" backglass screen. And WiFi connectivity is built-in. So that's all very impressive hardware for the $599 asking price. However, only Gottlieb tables are provided in a native fashion. With the native tables you get backglass support and haptic feedback. With the ecosystem and the WiFi connectivity you get Zaccharia tables and some (original) VPX tables. But those tables don't support the backglass or the haptic feedback. FarSight is promising additional original native tables at some point.

BOTTOM LINE: This could be an incredible Pinball cabinet for the asking price if somebody can figure out how to run VPX tables on it natively. Otherwise, it doesn't seem worth it just for the Gottlieb tables.
    (The mind boggles, though, just thinking about how good this platform could have been if FarSight had not lost their Williams/Bally License!)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
    Updated most wanted FarSight list: 鉄pirit of 76 (Gottlieb) 鉄impsons (Data East) 釘ig Bang Bar (Capcom)
    Most wanted Zen list: 迭evenge From Mars, 的ndiana Jones, "Terminator 2", "Bad Cats"

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hardware on both AtGames and 1Up have been getting really solid reviews, so that's not an issue. What you have to ask yourself is what do you plan on doing with the cab. If you are planning on adding a PC so that you can bring in many more games, then AtGames is the way to go. If you are only going to use it with what is made available, then you have to ask how much you really enjoy playing Gottlieb and Zaccaria tables. If you are a fan of Zen and of Williams, then the answer for that is obvious.

Don't hold your breathe for FarSight doing any updates or corrections for the Gottlieb tables. These look exactly like what they programmed for Arcooda, and no the physics weren't touched. This is a port to Android of that build from what I can tell. Knowing FarSight, they were contracted for this, the software has been delivered and shipped, contract fullfilled. Any further changes beyond basic support would require new product contract. I'm much more curious about what these Taito license inspired tables will be, my money being on reskinning Williams tables they'd done in the past.

One thing I don't like with all the AtGames talk and their ArcadeNet and BYOG is nobody likes to mention the subscription cost. This is where AtGames is going to make their money, the cabinet is just a loss leader into it. None of the reviews mention the cost, finding the cost on the website is not easy, especially because they advertise instead that it's free for the first month. Last thing I saw was it's $20 a month to get those online tourneys and leaderboards. Ouch.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch, I didn't know about the subscription cost either! Maybe I will just wait for A1Up. Both their Marvel and Star Wars are tempting, though.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the Zaccaria without Haptic really makes one think thrice. I would gladly go with a large Zaccaria library instead of a smaller Williams/Bally library, but right now Zaccaria on AtGames seems like an after thought.

My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    Having the Zaccaria without Haptic really makes one think thrice. I would gladly go with a large Zaccaria library instead of a smaller Williams/Bally library, but right now Zaccaria on AtGames seems like an after thought.
    I wouldn't say that.. I asked Magic Pixel when the PS4 was getting new tables that steam has and this is what he said..

--

We want to update it but we still need to finish up the iOS version.
    And the AtGames cabinet version, those are the two projects we focus on right now.
    Once these two are done, we finally have more time to update the other platforms.

My Devices
    Mac OS X
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atgames mentions the 22 built-in games and say it's expendable. But they are not very accurate about this. More tables from Gottlieb ? If not, which brand ? Which price ?
    and now I can nudge.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They have already announced that 106 Zaccaria tables will become available this Spring (essentially all but the Deluxe tables).

They also announced that there will be some tables devoloped around classic Taito video game licenses, rumor being 8 of them, and it is widely believed that FarSight is making them.

As for price, nobody knows. Probably be priced just like Zaccaria currently is.

You won't download directly to the cabinet, rather to a USB thumbdrive you then plug into the slot on the cab.

You aren't going to see Stern titles on this, I can pretty much say with confidence. There are game studios developing licensed digital pinball titles other than Magic Pixel and Zen (I don't count FarSight any longer as I'm pretty sure the Taito titles will just be re-skins of tables they already developed for TPA). AtGames will throw all future development to the VPX community as they've already been touting this idea of community profit sharing for original content.

Hope that fills in the blanks for you.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade