AtGames Legends pinball

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Found this video that looks to correct the problem. I'll make with the volume setting changes later today.

The weird volume adjustment thing sort of works. I still get obnoxious rumbling. I added double-sided black tape around the exciters and it still happens! AtGames is sending too much audio to those exciters. They're not speakers.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
The weird volume adjustment thing sort of works. I still get obnoxious rumbling. I added double-sided black tape around the exciters and it still happens! AtGames is sending too much audio to those exciters. They're not speakers.
I'm surprised it is still a thing, with it being out this "long". Unless they would need to weed out a lot of audio that goes to the devices because they didn't organize it well enough.

I was surprised that the shark music (Tee'd off) would engage the exciters at all, almost as if they are trying to use it as a subwoofer. They should step it back and just do flippers and things that bump, and fine tune the other elements for re-inclusion.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Haptics aside, I played Black Hole, Big Shot, and Tee'd Off (I'll quickly run out of Goetliebs I actually want to play on this) and the game play was pretty good, certainly no worse than Farsight which takes way too much unfair criticism for their product 10 years ago. The tables look exceptional. Visually, the colors are great and the playfield is completely legible. I will say Tee'd Off looked more real than Black Hole. I think the fine print instructions in Black Hole or maybe Tee'd Off was not legible, a reminder of the limitations of 1080p.

The sound is great. Like playing on a console. I haven't turned it up to 11 yet.

Fish Tales through FX3 on OTG looked very good too. The monitors they are using in this are very good indeed. Again, there was a small, but problematic lag. I saw online, a suggestion to turn off the V-sync.

Next Steam sale is June 24th-ish. I'll need to hold off on buying the FX3 tables through Steam until then, assuming it goes on sale.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I have not experienced any discernible flipper lag on mine for internal tables or FX3 or VPX tables over OTG.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I changed the master volume to 70, FX volume to 15, and Music volume to 3. That seems to work better. I’m wondering if the device volume < master volume.

Also, it helps to put a bit of weight down on the bottom left hand of machine while playing.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Just saw that the first of the promised Taito tables will be released on July 4th!

These tables are being developed for Legends Pinball by Magic Pixel -- *not* FarSight Studios. I thought it had been reported earlier that FarSight was developing the Taito tables?? I guess FarSight just can't be bothered to develop Pinball tables anymore ...

*** EDIT ***
I just saw that this information had already been provided by "wilbers" above.
Sorry for the replication!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm almost tempted to pick one of these up. Are you guys still seeing input lag on FX3/VPX tables? That's the only thing that makes me hesitate.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looking at videos, looks like the OTG is pretty lag free. Were you talking about the Cloud streaming in regards to lag?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I've been a bit out of the loop lately on digital pinball, so I really appreciate it. I kind of wish the HDMI/USB plugs were on the side or something so you could hide the cables a bit easier. However, it's really nice that they have those ports on the stock units at all. To me, this seems like a much better option than the 1Up machines in general, at least from my limited research this far, or is there something I'm overlooking about 1Up? They seem to be underpowered and laggy, plus 720p is a drag, but it sounds like you can add a PC inside and mod to run at 1080p? I guess I like the idea of having PC supported out of the box without mods, but hiding a spare PC inside has it's benefits. However, this thing would probably be parked right next to my gaming desktop PC that has an RTX 3080 so I don't mind using that to do the grunt work.

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
“Legends” offers all of this over Arcade1UP:

* 32” main screen vs 24” on the Arcade1UP.
* 15.6” combined DMD/Backglass screen vs 7.5” DMD screen.
* 1080p vs 720p
* WiFi Connectivity for firmware updates. (Absolutely essential for complex games like this.)
* Twenty-Two initial tables vs ten
* Expandable to over 150 tables with full native support (Plunger; accelerometer; haptic feedback.)
* Expandable with Arcade Control Panel for vertical game support.
* Expandable with VIBS board to turn the entire cabinet into a “slave” for a PC — No modding required. With the VIBS board add-on, just press a button to switch between native mode and “PC slave” mode.

Not much debate on which cabinet provides the most value/versatility!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey thanks! That definitely makes it quite convincing when you lay it out like that.

I'm mostly interested in hooking up my own PC for FX3, although I do dig the Magic Pixel stuff and playing with haptic would be lovely.

Any of you guys tried the VIBS board? Or is OTG enough for you?

Last edited:

strells

Oct 7, 2014
But the A1Up machines are gorgeous and they are way easier to "pick up and play". I went a bit crazy and got AfM and Marvel. Love them.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
But the A1Up machines are gorgeous and they are way easier to "pick up and play". I went a bit crazy and got AfM and Marvel. Love them.
And if the OTG is working, one can play the AfM tables on the AtG LP machine. No haptic, but it'll look bigger and cleaner.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Are you able to adjust the brightness on the playfield? My eyes are sensitive to light so I tend to prefer things dimmer than most folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.