The Pinball Show

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Its a very short wait to find out. Maybe its the thing Mel hinted at that would be released before FX getting an imminent release?

Also Pinballwiz congratulations on winning the pinball quiz in previous The Pinball Show. I won one of the packs (was a vol. 6, but as I already have it Akos has kindly changed it to a Zen originals pack in FX when its released). Still can't believe I put Stern for the Williams answer - I do know who WillIAm is, but rather than recognizing him, just thought that is someone with a stern look!

Does mean there are 4 options with the Epic/Steam exclusive period for those (almost everyone I assume) that prefer Steam
1.Wait a year for it to come onto Steam
2.Buy everything
3.Buy selected table packs that haven't been in FX3, and rebuy when they come on Steam
4.Win some tables
(I'm assuming there will be no cross-buy option as that changes it to option 2)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Alright. Looking back on the previews, it has to be mobile news. Riddle me this:

Zen has multiple licensed platforms on mobile, even though their main app has all the original tables.

Zen doesn't want to split the community on consoles and PC. Even though that's happened on the Switch with Star Wars, Classic Collectibles is confirmed to be releasing on FX, implying it will be on FX for the Switch.

We're expecting mobile news around this time of year, so this is very possible.

Thanks again!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Apple Arcade is getting Zen Pinball Party.

I wonder what this will do to the main Zen Pinball on iOS, which is currently so broken you can’t even download tables on it.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Apple Arcade is getting Zen Pinball Party.

I wonder what this will do to the main Zen Pinball on iOS, which is currently so broken you can’t even download tables on it.

Since I'm already on Apple Arcade, it will be a "no brainer" to start running the "Zen Pinball Party" on my iPad Pro.
Does anybody know if it will include any Williams/Bally tables?

Anyway --> Can't wait as I also consider their current iOS offering to be unplayable.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Since I'm already on Apple Arcade, it will be a "no brainer" to start running the "Zen Pinball Party" on my iPad Pro.
Does anybody know if it will include any Williams/Bally tables?

Anyway --> Can't wait as I also consider their current iOS offering to be unplayable.

Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Theatre of Magic, and Getaway: High Speed II.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
My.Little.Pony.

I would not have been able to sit there with a straight face, announcing this.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It’s even worse that they think it’s a “hot IP “. I would be embarrassed to say that..lol

Actually... it is. There are tons of adult fans of the show ("Bronies"), and it's a popular property.

Also, I have a prediction that another table is going to be Transformers. Mel said something to the effect of "people my age will be excited by this," as well as Transformers and My Little Pony both being owned by Hasbro (same licensor), so I'm going to guess that'll be a future table.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Actually... it is. There are tons of adult fans of the show ("Bronies"), and it's a popular property.

Also, I have a prediction that another table is going to be Transformers. Mel said something to the effect of "people my age will be excited by this," as well as Transformers and My Little Pony both being owned by Hasbro (same licensor), so I'm going to guess that'll be a future table.

It’s an old ip, not one I would term “hot”. It’s no Marvel or Disney/Star Wars table.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
You are thinking of My Little Ponies on valium from the 80s. The ‘recent’ reboot was very popular among children and even some adults. No, it isn’t Marvel, but it isn’t nothing either.

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
As a dad to two young daughters i can tell you, My Little Pony is still hot. This series, "Friendship is magic" ran for like 10 years and had a film in 2017 and is all over Netflix, even though it originally ran (I think) on Discovery family. It gets enough views on reruns on Netflix that there's another different, Netflix produced movie coming this year too, as we just saw a preview last week.

Trolls is the only thing that touches it in terms of recent popularity (also a resurrected 80s license) but MLP is definitely more relevant (check the toy aisles) than Kung Fu Panda or Dragons is.

My kids and I are totally here for a Bluey table, if they want to make that license happen too.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
As a dad to two young daughters i can tell you, My Little Pony is still hot. This series, "Friendship is magic" ran for like 10 years and had a film in 2017 and is all over Netflix

And until recently had a pretty big yearly fan convention. How many Zen licensed tables outside of Marvel and Star Wars can say that?

My kids and I are totally here for a Bluey table, if they want to make that license happen too.

If they're going to license more kids properties, I would love them to get in talks with Nickelodeon and make an Avatar: The Last Airbender table happen.

Members online

Members online