"Grinding" Is Pointless

ODB123

Mar 7, 2021
What's the point?

You can spend 150 coins for pro physics, 100 for pro difficulty and 75 for visual extras. That comes out to less than $10 for all 21 tables.

Think about how many challenges you have to win to grind out coins for all tables otherwise.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
For most who are patient, that is indeed the best way to do it on mobile, get tables to 2 stars by playing challenges, and then buy those upgrades with coins. Think the table star unlocks work offline, but those 3 upgrades need to be online to validate that you have bought them (unless that changed at some point, I haven't tested it). Also, what has happened when new tables were added is that they introduced daily challenges specifically for those tables so you could get them to 2 stars for free.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I enjoy the grind, but then again I've been doing it since the app launched so keeping up has never been a chore. Like Wilbers said, those limited time challenges for the new tables easily lets you get to 2 stars, and if you work the system right, can get to or at least really close to 3 stars. For this last grouping, once table parts started dropping again in the core challenges (about a month after tables released), I had them 4 star maxed within 3 weeks.

Now I say I enjoy the grind because I honestly don't play the app very much once I've achieved my goal. My goal is not just the table parts, but having at least 300 coins at the ready for the next table drop. I use the mobile app for playing the challenges but really don't enjoy playing a regular 3 ball game on it. For that I just play on my PC. I guess I've just always treated the app the same way I treat other mobile apps, and as grinding is a staple of most of the ones I play, it's never bothered me in the way it has others.

But yes, I have recommended quite often to people that want to pay to purchase at the very least the pro physics and visual extras (I rarely play tournament difficulty on PC, and that is what pro difficulty is) as it applies to all tables owned now and in the future.

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
I'll have to agree on the "grinding is pointless" viewpoint. I generally don't play games on mobile device, but thought it might be fun to enjoy my favorite hobby while on-the-go. Surprisingly, I couldn't simply buy and play any of the tables. App deleted. Just my $0.02

ODB123

Mar 7, 2021
"Getting really close to" 3 stars is pointless. You've just wasted your time without unlocking any new features. Just like grinding in general. It's a waste of time. Just pay a few coins and get all of the advanced features unlocked.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.