Thread: PinCabView 2.1 : Pro Pinball & Addiction Pinball tables (PinCab MOD)

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PinCabView 3.3 : Pro Pinball & Addiction Pinball & SlamTilt Resurrection (PinCab MOD)

Hi

I'm pleased to share here my work.
    The goal of this mod is to be able to play these old PC games on virtual pinball cabinets.
    I found quickly a way to display them correctly using ReShade and a special selfmade shader but I decided to improve the result a lot.
    So now, using this single launcher, dgVoodoo2 and ReShade (included in this patch) these games will be launched in your desktop resolution (4K is available) and with a nearly perfect Pinball Cabinet camera View.
    If you have a multiscreens configuration, a backglass will be added and displayed (3:4 with grill or 16:9 depending on your 2nd screen ratio) and the DMD will be exported to the grill or the 3rd screen.
    (if you have a DMD device you can use DMDExt to export the DMD with its screen copy feature)

At this time the supported games are :
    - Pro Pinball : The Web (1995)
    - Pro Pinball : Timeshock! (1997)
    - Pro Pinball : Big Race USA (1998)
    - Pro Pinball : Fantastic Journey (1999)
    - Addiction Pinball : Worms Pinball (1998)
    - Addiction Pinball : World Rally Fever (1998)
    - SlamTilt Resurrection : Demon (1999)
    - SlamTilt Resurrection : Pirate (1999)

The result is now very nice and in most case the setting is fully automatised (most often you have now nearly nothing to set)
    The MOD can be used with the original old CD games or/and the most recent GOG/Steam versions.
    The aprons of these games have been drawn especially for this mod. Big thanks to eMBee for his amazing work on them.
    The launcher can now force these games to use standard VPX keyboard keys (PinCabKey option)
    The launcher can now force a standard "Coin Mode" for the 4 ProPinball games
    Now it can be used in Desktop mode too just to improve the experience
    (without the launcher, just using the Reshade shader, it can be used also to improve the 2nd view with PinballFX2/FX3)

Here some screen captures with the version 2.0 / 3.0 :

New supported games (PinCabView 3.3) :

What's new with 3.3 version :
    - SlamTilt Resurrection full support added (3D & 2D views)

What's new with 3.2 version :
    - Some more DMD display fixes and coin sound added (3.2b)
    - POV factor option added to improve the perspective as you want (should be set in ReShade's UI with home key).
    - The DMD can now be displayed over the backglass if needed. Can help 2x 16:9 screens configurations (use ReShade.ini to set position and size)
    - DMD can now be set again to transparent/intelligent with ProPinball games when used in cabinet mode with a KeepTableDMD or single screen configuration.
    - Shader code updated and improved

What's new with 3.1 version :
    - Ratio locked to center at max 16/9 option added and now applied for these 6 games (desktop and cabinet).
    - Ratio management improved for desktop users
    - Apron management improved
    - Off limites display fixed
    - Shader code cleanups

What's new with 3.0 version :
    - DMD display improved
    - Shader interface (ReShade UI) improved.
    - Timeshock DMD hide issues fixed
    - DMD management for desktop users improved
    - All games are now using the same preset file
    - Desktop mode improved (single and multi screens configurations)
    - Standard "coin mode" added for the 4 ProPinball games (Coin key is keyboard "5")
    - A 2nd view with DMD hidden is now available for The Web (select view 4 or more in game options, btw the view with DMD looks better)
    - The Web settings are now automatized too
    - The games are now launched directly (menu skipped) when not in desktop mode (except 1st launch)
    - ExeName option removed (game exe name should be the original expected one)
    - Steam launch command support removed (not needed)
    - No1200p option removed (not needed anymore)
    - Launcher and shader codes improved
    - Memory game code patch improved, many patches added
    - Many fixes and improvements

What's new with 2.1 version :
    - The 2 Addiction Pinball games are now supported (old CD's and Steam versions)
    - A desktop mode is now available with nearly all the features included
    - New aprons for all 6 games (big thanks to eMBee who did an awesome job to draw them!)
    - Full standard VPX keyboard keys support for all these games
    - Brightness can be set for the table, the backglass and the DMD (in ReShade's UI)
    - Needed settings are now done by the launcher, you have nothing to do.
    - Many fixes and improvements: it should be now mostly working without having to do anything.
    - DMD is now displayed on the 3rd screen by default if available.
    - Timeshock menu operator is always fully unlocked.

Download PinCabView 3.3 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/b8tx0...w_3.3.rar/file

Here a video I just made to show you how looks now when used on a PinCab :

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Aurel; 09-21-2021 at 12:56 PM.

My Devices
    360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff! Very well done!

My Devices
    PC/Steam
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Web actually has three more separate views, each with its own lower backbox. I'm not sure if that helps, but it's a consideration to use that view and crop the grill from the game.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    The Web actually has three more separate views, each with its own lower backbox. I'm not sure if that helps, but it's a consideration to use that view and crop the grill from the game.
    Yes but no, this game is not very nice compared to the other ones, and using an other view it will be even worse
    The 1st view of this game is by far the best one to work with using this methode and for this game the result is barely acceptable...

Also this game is crashing very often on my computer and it makes the job very painful when trying to work on it.
    I still managed to make this game running with an "acceptable" view for pincabs, I did a PinCabKey exe patch to use standard controls with, its DMD is captured and we made a nice apron too (Thanks again to eMBee for the last version).
    So for me it's already more than enough for The Web (and to be true, unlike the 3 other ProPinball games, I never liked this one that much)
    So I decided to work on the others ones and to keep TheWeb just like that (nothing is patched in memory with this game and the configuration has to be done by the user).

For all the 5 other games the needed configuration is forced in memory, the dmd is removed from the table and can be put where you want.

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks interesting, looking forward to trying it. Microsoft Defender is reporting the rar is infected by the Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml virus. I'm assuming it is a false positive but as anyone else scanned the file with their own antivirus?

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff, I commented over on the VPU site back when this was first posted, before the latest rev. You've also done some attempts at Zen FX3 with cabinet views too, although i never got proper results on the Bally Williams tables.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Good stuff, I commented over on the VPU site back when this was first posted, before the latest rev. You've also done some attempts at Zen FX3 with cabinet views too, although i never got proper results on the Bally Williams tables.
    It's often better with the classic FX2/FX3 tables that's true but it works good with Williams tables too.
    Using this preset the result with the other tables is nearly always perfect (at least for me) but even if not perfect with the others it still looks better than the original Williams Pinball tables view.

Here some examples using the preset included in the 2.0/2.1 version (check the readme for more info)

Left is with the shader and the setting given / right is without (original view).

Last edited by Aurel; 08-16-2021 at 11:08 PM.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and here also :

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Aurel; 08-16-2021 at 10:58 PM.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Ok I tried and it's not very nice but acceptable... So it's available now 3.0
    Both views are available depending the selected ones in game options :
    - View 1 to 3 => old config with DMD kept on the table (best looking mode)
    - View 4 and more => new config with DMD hidden
    The Web config is now automated too.

So new version 3.0 available with many improvements and a new "standard coin mode" is now available for the 4 Pro Pinball games
    1st post edited!

My Devices
    Xbone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I'm trolling but these are great tables. Surely there's some monetary inspiration to get them on console?

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timxtr View Post
    Sorry if I'm trolling but these are great tables. Surely there's some monetary inspiration to get them on console?
    For my part there is no monetary inspiration at all (no patreon, no paypal, no adverts, no kickstarters,... : nothing!!).
    This mod is free and will remain free. More than that it uses ReShade, dgVoodoo and can't be sold at all (and there isn't any hope to get this on console...)
    The main goal is to be able to play the legit games in virtual pinball cabinet (there is no part of these games nor any crack included in this patch and none of their files will be changed).

Edit : Updated to 3.1 with ratio locked to 16:9
    Last edited by Aurel; 08-24-2021 at 08:37 PM.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New version 3.2 available

This new version features some big changes in the shader (I hope nothing will be broken...)
    Now the DMD can be displayed everywhere even over the backglass if you have a 16:9 one.

The POV is improved with better perspective (the ball will be less ovale and the proportions will be better)
    it can be set as you want (TablePOV_factor) 0.25 is set as default for the 6 pinball games (for me it's good but you can change in ReSahde's UI with home key).

Here a comparaison with and without the new POV setting

New (TablePOV_factor is set at default 0.25) / Old (TablePOV_factor disabled at 0.00)

Enjoy

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh man, now I'm going to have to dig through my old game CD's to find Addiction pinball. Between these and the recent JP Salas' Space Cadet VPX release, its the best of 90's windows pinball.

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    oh man, now I'm going to have to dig through my old game CD's to find Addiction pinball. Between these and the recent JP Salas' Space Cadet VPX release, its the best of 90's windows pinball.
    It's not ended : here what is coming soon (PinCabView2D should be released this weekend)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0696/P2000.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...4890/P4000.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Electronic.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Silverball.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...31882/Epic.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1/Ultimate.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...178/Thomas.png

Last edited by Aurel; 09-11-2021 at 12:26 PM.

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhhh Now I remember the PC version of Pinball Dreams as having some soso physics compared to the Amiga version. But I don't recall a "deluxe" version? Anyone know if they are one and the same?

At any rate, this is pretty fantastic add-on, thanks!

My Devices
    x360, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The loafer View Post
    ohhhh Now I remember the PC version of Pinball Dreams as having some soso physics compared to the Amiga version. But I don't recall a "deluxe" version? Anyone know if they are one and the same?
    At any rate, this is pretty fantastic add-on, thanks!
    Thanks, the "Deluxe" versions are available from GOG (as a "Gold Pack" at this time) : https://www.gog.com

I just updated the 1st post : PinCabView 3.3 is now available (normal version for 3D view games)

It now supports SlamTilt Resurrection (2D and full 3D views)

Here how the 2 tables of this game look in 3D mode :

And in 2D mode :

PS: A new version of PinCabView2D should follow soon with new support for the 4 tables of the standard version of SlamTilt (1997)