PinCabView 2.1 : Pro Pinball & Addiction Pinball tables (PinCab MOD)

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
PinCabView : Pro Pinball & Addiction Pinball & SlamTilt Resurrection (PinCab MOD)

PinCabView 4.0 by Aubrel

This patch is free and should remain free.
Not for commercial uses!!

I'm happy to release this patch! It will transforme completely some old PC pinball games and make them alive again in virtual pinball cabinets.
The main goal is to get a pincab camera view with exported DMD and backglass for these Pinball games:
- Pro Pinball : The Web (1995 - 1.50p - CD)
- Pro Pinball : Timeshock! (1997 - 1.07 / 1.20 - CD/GOG)
- Pro Pinball : Big Race USA (1998 - 1.18 / 1.19 / 1.20b - CD/GOG)
- Pro Pinball : Fantastic Journey (1999 - 1.07 / 1.20b - CD/GOG)
- Addiction Pinball : Worms Pinball (1998 - CD / Steam)
- Addiction Pinball : World Rally Fever (1998 - CD)
- SlamTilt Resurrection : Demon (1999 - CD)
- SlamTilt Resurrection : Pirate (1999 - CD)

These games are for now the only ones to be used with this Launcher.

The pack contains :
- PinCabView Launcher by Aubrel
- PinCabView 1.0a ReShade's shader by Aubrel and Ducon2016 (ArcCabView 1.0a with PINBALL options activated)
- ArcCabView Custom ReShade 4.9.1 dll by Ducon2016 and Aubrel (ReShadeMod32.dll)
- dgVoodoo2 2.76.1 dll (ddraw.dll)
- dinputto8 by Elisha Riedlinger used for AddictionPinball games
- OggWinmm.dll by Maximilien Noal used for GOG version of Timeshock

These Pinball games will be all rotated to portrait mode and will run in your main screen desktop resolution with a Cabinet View.
If you have more than 1 screen, the backglass and the DMD should exported to the others screens.
You can launch your games with your main screen set in landscape or portrait mode: the result should be the very same.
This patch doesn't contain any files of these games and won't change them at all (it could be reversed by just removing its files)

As a bonus :
-The 1600x1200 resolution should be unlocked, working and used by default for BigRaceUSA, FantasticJourney, Timeshock, Demon and Pirate.
-All the Timeshock options should be always unlocked in the menu operator.
-The BGM of the GOG version of Timeshock should be mostly fixed (still a few bugs but really improved).
-A standard "coin" mode is now available for the 4 Pro Pinball games (activated by defaut, your clasic game save will be preserved and used when the option is disabled)
-An improved desktop mode is available too with multi screens support too.
-Inputs are improved and standardized, game configuration is set at best.

If you are using standard VPX keyboard keys, some patches are activated by default to bring you native full support with the default game layouts.

Here how it looks now :

FantasticJourney.png

BigRaceUSA.png

Timeshock.png

TheWeb.png

WorldRallyFever.png

WormsPinball.png

STRD.png

STRP.png

How to use :
- Extract the full archive in your game directory (same directory as your main game exe). Your game exe name should be the original one (not renamed).
- For the supported games you have to use the launcher "PinCabViewLauncher.exe" included to launch your game
- If needed set PinCabView.ini "PinCabView" and "PinCabView_ADV" options as explain above depending on your configuration
- That's all, it should work!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Side notes :
- DirectX11 hardware is recommanded (DirectX10 should be working but it won't work on Windows XP or with an old DirectX9 graphic card)
- To play Worms Pinball table using Addiction Pinball game, you have to send the command "WP" or "Worms" to the launcher at start (both games are not supported in the same time when not in desktop mode).
- Quick launch (games start directly) is now always activated when not launched in desktop mode.
- The quick launch won't be activated for the 1st start (BigRaceUSA,FantasticJourney,Timeshock). But it will be used after if the game has been properly closed at least one time.
- Desktop users can send "-q" command to the launcher to start the games directly too (not 1st start for the 3 games listed above)
- With SlamTilt Resurrection, Demon table in 3D view is launched by default. You can send "Pirate" to the launcher to launch directly Pirate table instead ( you can also send the command "2D" if you want the 2D view).
- SlamTilt Resurrection's 3rd view (scrolling 3D) is not supported.
- The Windows DPI-Scale setting for high resolutions should be the same for all your screens.
- In any case the playfield will be displayed in your main screen. It won't work if you set your backglass as main screen.
- Nudge visual feedback is broken with this patch (graphic glitches) and so it has been disabled for all 8 games.
- The launcher won't work with Timeshock Ultra Edition nor any other games than the 8 supported ones.

PinCabKeys :
- "1" or "F1" => "Start" (repeat to get multi-players)
- "1" => "Yes" (Addiction Pinball games)
- "2" => "Esc"
- "5" => "Coin" (Pro Pinball games with PPCoinMOD)
- "5" => "No" (Addiction Pinball games)
- "Shift"(s) => "Flippers"
- "Shift"(s) => "Left"/"Right"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Table Select" (SlamTilt Resurrection at table selection screen)
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Magna-Save"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "Up"/"Down"
- "Ctrl"(s) => "View select" (SlamTilt Resurrection at view selection screen)
- "z" or "LAlt" => "Left Nudge"
- "Space" => "Front Nudge"
- "/" or "RAlt" => "Right Nudge"

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Changelog :

- Updated to work with official ArcCabView/PinCabView shader version 1.0a
- POV settings improved for SlamTilt Resurrection 3D tables
- Many small changes, fixes and cleanups

- SlamTilt Resurrection full support added (2D and Full 3D views)

- POV factor option added to improve the perspective as you want (should be set in ReShade's UI with home key).
- The DMD can now be displayed over the backglass if needed. Can help 2x 16:9 screens configurations (use PinCabView.ini to set position and size)
- DMD can now be set again to transparent/intelligent with ProPinball games when used in cabinet mode with a KeepTableDMD or single screen configuration.
- Shader code updated and improved

- Ratio locked to center at max 16/9 option added and now applied for these 6 games (desktop and cabinet).
- Ratio management improved for desktop users
- Apron management improved
- Off limites display fixed
- Shader code cleanups

- DMD display improved
- Shader interface (ReShade UI) improved.
- Timeshock DMD hide issues fixed
- DMD management for desktop users improved
- All games are now using the same preset file
- Desktop mode improved (single and multi screens configurations)
- Standard "coin mode" added for the 4 ProPinball games (Coin key is keyboard "5")
- A 2nd view with DMD hidden is now available for The Web (select view 4 or more in game options, btw the view with DMD looks better)
- The Web settings are now automatized too
- The games are now launched directly (menu skipped) when not in desktop mode (except 1st launch)
- ExeName option removed (game exe name should be the original expected one)
- Steam launch command support removed (not needed)
- No1200p option removed (not needed anymore)
- Launcher and shader codes improved
- Memory game code patch improved, many patches added
- Many fixes and improvements

- Some problems with PinCabKeys fixed
- DMD_off image display improved
- Some small fix and improvements...

- Worms Pinball PC game full support added (Steam and old CD versions including Addiction Pinball)
- World Rally Fever (Addiction Pinball) full support added (old CD game)
- Added brightness settings for the table, the backglass (grill excluded) and the DMD
- DMD_off image added and Backlass_off removed. It's now more clean and more flexible.
- New Aprons for all 4 ProPinball and the 2 Addiction Pinball games (Big thanks to eMBee for the very nice work he did on them)
- ReShade's dll updated to the last official version 4.9.1 for better compatibility
- "ExeName" function improved, Steam support and external commands are now supported.
- Window DPI scale (PPP) issue should be fixed (you now have nothing to do).
- 1200p and exe administrator/compatibility settings issues sould be fixed (no need to remove the exe settings anymore, and the 1200p patch should now work everytime (if it still fails, try to remove your wgame.cfg file)
- The DMD will be now displayed by default in fullscreen area on the 3rd screen if available (and if the ratio of the 2nd screen is approx 16:9. If the BG screen is in 4:3 resolution the grill and the DMD will be still displayed on it)
- A full desktop mode has been added (it supports backglass on the 2nd screen, with or without DMD). Ratio is automated but you can change it in Reshade's UI options with the home key ingame (check Zoom or Scale settings)
- An auto game setup has been added to set them at the best it can from first start (excepting for The Web...).
- PinCabKeys patches have been added to use fully the 4 ProPinball games and Worms Pinball using only standard VPX keyboard keys available in most pincabs (used by default, no joystick support).
- Cheat code added and applied with the launcher to unlock all the options in operator menu of Timeshock (unlocked everytime).
- If you are using the GOG version of Timeshock the best dll I found for the ogg BGM of this game will be used (Maximilien Naol's version, link available bellow)
- Game DMD size fixed for BigRaceUSA and Timeshock in 1280x1024 when using "No1200p" option (FantasticJourney was allready working as it should)
- Desktop users can now play these 6 games with the launcher in your desktop resolution and the best settings will be applied
- Many other fixes and improvements...

PinCabView Info / Support : https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic...inball-worldrallyfever-slamtilt-resurrection/
PinCabView2D Info / Support : https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5744-pincabview2d-most-old-dos-pinball-games-in-your-pincab/
PinCabViewWFS Info / Support : https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic...fire-studios-pinball-pc-games-in-your-pincab/
ArcCabView/PinCabView shader Info / Support : http://www.emuline.org/topic/2598-arccabview-display-your-arcade-games-just-as-you-want/

Big thanks to eMBee for drawing most of the aprons currently in use. Awesome job!!

Thanks to Ducon2016 and Houb for the amazing "CRTGeomMOD" shader
http://www.emuline.org/topic/1420-shader-crt-multifonction-kick-ass-looking-games

ReShade home : https://reshade.me
dgVoodoo2 home : http://dege.freeweb.hu/

dinputto8 by Elisha Riedlinger used for AddictionPinball games : https://github.com/elishacloud/dinputto8
OggWinmm.dll by Maximilien Noal used for GOG version of Timeshock : https://github.com/maximilien-noal/ogg-winmm

Download PinCabView 4.0 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/cdx0j39m64sbwu9/PinCabView_4.0.7z/file

Here a video I just made to show you how looks now when used on a PinCab :

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
The Web actually has three more separate views, each with its own lower backbox. I'm not sure if that helps, but it's a consideration to use that view and crop the grill from the game.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
The Web actually has three more separate views, each with its own lower backbox. I'm not sure if that helps, but it's a consideration to use that view and crop the grill from the game.

Yes but no, this game is not very nice compared to the other ones, and using an other view it will be even worse
The 1st view of this game is by far the best one to work with using this methode and for this game the result is barely acceptable...

Also this game is crashing very often on my computer and it makes the job very painful when trying to work on it.
I still managed to make this game running with an "acceptable" view for pincabs, I did a PinCabKey exe patch to use standard controls with, its DMD is captured and we made a nice apron too (Thanks again to eMBee for the last version).
So for me it's already more than enough for The Web (and to be true, unlike the 3 other ProPinball games, I never liked this one that much) :D
So I decided to work on the others ones and to keep TheWeb just like that (nothing is patched in memory with this game and the configuration has to be done by the user).

For all the 5 other games the needed configuration is forced in memory, the dmd is removed from the table and can be put where you want.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Looks interesting, looking forward to trying it. Microsoft Defender is reporting the rar is infected by the Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml virus. I'm assuming it is a false positive but as anyone else scanned the file with their own antivirus?

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Good stuff, I commented over on the VPU site back when this was first posted, before the latest rev. You've also done some attempts at Zen FX3 with cabinet views too, although i never got proper results on the Bally Williams tables.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Good stuff, I commented over on the VPU site back when this was first posted, before the latest rev. You've also done some attempts at Zen FX3 with cabinet views too, although i never got proper results on the Bally Williams tables.

It's often better with the classic FX2/FX3 tables that's true but it works good with Williams tables too.
Using this preset the result with the other tables is nearly always perfect (at least for me) but even if not perfect with the others it still looks better than the original Williams Pinball tables view.

Here some examples using the preset included in the 2.0/2.1 version (check the readme for more info)

Left is with the shader and the setting given / right is without (original view).

Last edited:

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012

Ok I tried and it's not very nice but acceptable... So it's available now 3.0
Both views are available depending the selected ones in game options :
- View 1 to 3 => old config with DMD kept on the table (best looking mode)
- View 4 and more => new config with DMD hidden
The Web config is now automated too.

So new version 3.0 available with many improvements and a new "standard coin mode" is now available for the 4 Pro Pinball games :)
1st post edited!

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Sorry if I'm trolling but these are great tables. Surely there's some monetary inspiration to get them on console?

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Sorry if I'm trolling but these are great tables. Surely there's some monetary inspiration to get them on console?

For my part there is no monetary inspiration at all (no patreon, no paypal, no adverts, no kickstarters,... : nothing!!).
This mod is free and will remain free. More than that it uses ReShade, dgVoodoo and can't be sold at all (and there isn't any hope to get this on console...)
The main goal is to be able to play the legit games in virtual pinball cabinet (there is no part of these games nor any crack included in this patch and none of their files will be changed).

:)

Edit : Updated to 3.1 with ratio locked to 16:9

Last edited:

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
New version 3.2 available :)

This new version features some big changes in the shader (I hope nothing will be broken...)
Now the DMD can be displayed everywhere even over the backglass if you have a 16:9 one.

The POV is improved with better perspective (the ball will be less ovale and the proportions will be better)
it can be set as you want (TablePOV_factor) 0.25 is set as default for the 6 pinball games (for me it's good but you can change in ReSahde's UI with home key).

Here a comparaison with and without the new POV setting

New (TablePOV_factor is set at default 0.25) / Old (TablePOV_factor disabled at 0.00)
Pin-Cab-View-New.png
Pin-Cab-View-Old.png

Enjoy :)

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
oh man, now I'm going to have to dig through my old game CD's to find Addiction pinball. Between these and the recent JP Salas' Space Cadet VPX release, its the best of 90's windows pinball.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
ohhhh Now I remember the PC version of Pinball Dreams as having some soso physics compared to the Amiga version. But I don't recall a "deluxe" version? Anyone know if they are one and the same?

At any rate, this is pretty fantastic add-on, thanks!

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
ohhhh Now I remember the PC version of Pinball Dreams as having some soso physics compared to the Amiga version. But I don't recall a "deluxe" version? Anyone know if they are one and the same?
At any rate, this is pretty fantastic add-on, thanks!

Thanks, the "Deluxe" versions are available from GOG (as a "Gold Pack" at this time) : https://www.gog.com

I just updated the 1st post : PinCabView 3.3 is now available (normal version for 3D view games)

It now supports SlamTilt Resurrection (2D and full 3D views) :)

Here how the 2 tables of this game look in 3D mode :
STRD.png

STRP.png

And in 2D mode :
STRD2D.png

STRP2D.png

PS: A new version of PinCabView2D should follow soon with new support for the 4 tables of the standard version of SlamTilt (1997)

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Updated to version 4.0 to use the new ArcCabView/PinCabView 1.0a shader.
Many small fixes added, SlamTilt Resurrection POV settings improved, everything should be better!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.