My wish list for Pinball FX4 (for PlayStation 5)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I haven't posted here much, in the past year. This was mostly due to health issues. I hope to get more, back into playing, and posting about pinball again. I apologize if these "wishes" have already been discussed, which they likely have, but if so, and any of these upgrades/changes have already been confirmed for PFX4, I'd love to know. :)

So here's my Wish List for Pinball FX4 on the PlayStation 5:

1. Importing of ALL existing, table purchases. It's always a bit disappointing to have some of your tables left behind, and unsupported, on a new console.

2. New graphical effects: ray tracing, which would of course, look incredible with pinball, 4K resolution, HDR support.

3. 120Hz mode. More and more consumer-grade TV's are including this. I believe the feel of 120Hz would be totally ideal for a fast moving game of pinball! I remember going from 30fps to 60fps, with Pinball Arcade, and there was just no going back. This really should be considered.

4. More classic, real table conversions, from Williams (of course!), Data East, Sega, and so on. Including those which require extra licensing (crowd fund, if need be) Adams Family, Star Wars, The Simpsons, etc..

5. It would be great to have control over the table lighting. Both room ambience, as well as table bulbs. Night/day modes. As well as some light up balls (GlowBalls™?), for good measure. I miss this, from The Pinball Arcade's tables. This, along with ray tracing, would give the visuals, a boost in realism.

6. Make full use of the PS5 DualSense controller. I imagine, that the combination of haptic feedback, along with adaptive triggers, could possibly emulate the satisfying mechanical button feel of a real pinball table. Maybe 3D audio could also enhance something as well.

7. Give us a real Photo Mode, with 360° camera control, lens FX (depth of field, for example), different lighting options, and so on. The last bunch of Williams' tables look so nice. It would be great to be able to share some glorious "artistic" pinball shots with friends. It seems like it might also be good, free, advertising for Zen as well.

8. VR modes for all tables. We don't need elaborate backgrounds, just a nice pinball arcade setting, with our other existing tables would be great. And VR doesn't need to be more than 3D stereoscopyand head tracking. With the more powerful PS5+PSVR 2, on the way, this would be better than ever. Pinball in VR is one of my favorite things to play, even on the dated PSVR.

That's all I can think of for now. -Matt
zztitle_pinball-s.jpg

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
As a fan of digital pinball machines based on real-life tables, the PS5, and virtual reality gaming, I approve of this message. :cool:

Get well soon, Matt.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
As long as the graphics aren't day and night between FX4 and FX3 (and I assume that'll be the case regardless on the Switch), I just want tables, real tables that existed. FX3 was indeed a monumental improvement over TPA, which itself put digital pinball into the mainstream on consoles and PCs (especially thanks to their ridiculous amount of directions). FX3 looked and looks awesome. VR would be great, but the tables... I want to play pinball with realistic enough physics and 1080+ visuals.

Transitioning the FX3 tables to FX4 would use up too much in resources. I don't think I'll need a barely remastering of a very good remaster. Zen's originals, it'd make more sense. But not the remakes of Williams/Ballys.

Iga_Biva

Oct 10, 2018
I would like one more thing and this is possibility to define own table views - some kind of Free Camera mode. It is good that we have predefined 8 table views but none of them is 100% good for me.

There is such functionality in Virtual Pinball and having something like that in Pinball FX would be great.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I would like one more thing and this is possibility to define own table views - some kind of Free Camera mode. It is good that we have predefined 8 table views but none of them is 100% good for me.

There is such functionality in Virtual Pinball and having something like that in Pinball FX would be great.

Based on what was just released with Zen Pinball Party, and assuming Pinball FX will utilize it too, there should indeed be a slider for adjusting the camera position rather than having predefined views.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
My wish when FX4 is getting release is that they have a minimum of 2 new WMS table packs. Nearly a year no new tables, its seriously getting long...

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
My wish when FX4 is getting release is that they have a minimum of 2 new WMS table packs. Nearly a year no new tables, its seriously getting long...

Considering the length of time, I don’t think I would be happy with anything less than 3 WMS packs. I want to see Pinbot. I want to see Catcus Jacks. Firepower or Gorgar would be nice. Or how about Flash, which was never done by Farsight and was a landmark achievement when it was released being the very first table to have a dynamic background sound as well as the first table to use Flash Lamps to provide a temporary burst of light. It also had a bigger production run than previous Williams games. I remember it drawing crowds when it was released. It really deserves to be digitized commercially. I really don’t understand why it’s been neglected for so long considering it’s place in history.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
This dry spell is some bull****...Where's the beef ffs?

Well, it’s not like we haven’t known this would be the case all year. I’m actually surprised that Pinball Party was even released ahead of FX. And I never expected FX until November at the earliest. So that will mean next November at the earliest for Steam. Not sure about timing of game consoles though, or Android for that matter. Is Android just going to get left out this time since Pinball Party is only on Apple Arcade? I’m really wondering.

It sure would be nice if Zen would communicate better on this stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.