Controller Input Errors on MacOS BigSur: Any Solution?

pinballmonster

Sep 9, 2021
Hey all, I have Williams pinball installed on IOS on an iPhone and iPad, on Android and also on OS X BigSur.

I use a small app called Enjoyable which works beautifully to map PS3 and PS4 controllers for various pinball games.

The app works well with Pinball Arcade and Zaccaria but I got lots of input errors with Williams/Zen Pinball. This means flippers don't activate or remain stuck after activation. Oddly enough I used to get a ton of input errors previously, but at least with a PS4 controller, I'm getting fewer input errors the last couple of times I've tried recently. I've also tried both actual and knockoff PS controllers and it makes no difference.

I've tried various recommended troubleshooting recommendations including not mapping the same control to multiple buttons, using wired instead of wireless, etc. Nothing seems to get me to the point of eliminating input errors although as I said, I'm now apparently getting fewer of them with a PS4 controller.

Any solutions or should I just give up on the macOS option?

pinballmonster

Sep 9, 2021
It's disappointing that Zen has left out the ability to use a gamepad in Pinball2 for MacOS.
In the past, I've used "Joystick Mapper" as a go-between. Maybe it'll work for you. It's found on the app store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/joystick-mapper/id528183797?mt=12

Thanks for the recommendation.

The reviews are sub 3/5 which makes me wonder if this will serve as any improvement over the enjoyable app. It might be worth it as it's not expensive and we have few options as zen has made it clear they will never offer controller support.

Or maybe I'll stick with the status quo as for some reason input errors recently have dropped, almost to the point where playing the tables is enjoyable (no pun intended).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.