Screwed Again By Zen

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Have you tried to contact Zen about their products you've purchased? I have & got no where: tables I paid for (Soccer, MsSplosion Man,+) were made inaccessible about 5 years ago in FX2. Zen blamed MS, they blame Zen.

I just experienced similar loss with some great tables when I moved to the current gen Xbox. Now gone are South Park, Ninja Gaiden, Plants Vs Zombies... No FX2. All my Farsight tables transferred ffs. Be warned!

pinballmonster

Sep 9, 2021
I've noticed that just about any company without an actual working phone number for customer support screws it's customers sooner or later. I'm not saying it can't happen with companies with phone support, but that human factor of actually having to speak to someone creates a sense of accountability that's absent from almost all tech companies.

This is why I'm reluctant to actually spend money on a company like zen as a matter of principle.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
OP: You likely aren't going to like my response. Although it's an awesome thing to see companies provide crossbuy support across generations, they don't have to. Yet to their credit, Zen has done that, they've allows us not to have to rebuy all the tables. Sadly, there are tables that Zen do that have specific licensing limitations that do NOT include crossbuy support . You can feel that maybe Zen should have taken that into consideration when signing the contract but you have to give equal responsibility to the rights older AND the platform owner too. IE: South park, MsExplosion man, ninja gaiden, plants vs zombies, their IP owners and the relationship between them, Zen and Microsoft all make the situation more complex than you think. Think of it this way, why would Zen decide to not support these tables but all others are ok? They didn't get up one morning and say "we gonna screw around with our South park pinball fans today".

It does suck for sure, not making light of it but... you are throwing all the blame on one party when it's much more complex than that. This particular situation comes with digital purchases. In their defense, I think you can still play those games on the original console you purchased them on (x360? XBO?)

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Thanks for that insight, which I'm somewhat sympathetic to. I mentioned Farsight because their tables did transfer to my new gen Xbox despite their not having the Williams/Bally license anymore. I don't think that licensing agreements give corporations the right to delete the product I paid for. I'm not expecting cross platform access, but it would be nice.

The MsSplosion Man deletion from my perspective was thievery. I had it on my 360, then it was gone, the soccer tables too. Other Xbox owners experienced the same thing with those titles.

I've got South Park on my Kindle FX2, count on my next **** post if they delete that!

Last edited:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
So South Park and some of the other things are a bigger name, so I could see licensencing issues with them, but MsSplosion Man?? Why would there be issues there? Hard to fathom that one. It’s not like it’s some hot property that can demand a pretty penny. ��

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
havnt downloaded south park pinball in ages, bought it about 3 or 4 phones ago ha. just for giggles i went into my google play account and its there still, downloaded it, it still works. not the best tables honestly, never really liked them, the butters one is funny. but one thing that is weird... why does it need access to my contacts to run???!!! anyways let me just start rambling away about Double Dragon... okay so i dunno like 15ish years ago i bought double dragon digitally on the xbox 360, and it was the best damn double dragon port you ever saw... all the glory of the arcade but without the slow down when too many characters are on screen. they really did a great job... but what do we have now for a double dragon port... NOTHING! and my 360 stopped turning on like 8 years ago, so just how in the hell am i gonna get my double dragon fix now. its not right. I can emulate the arcade rom sure yeah whatever, but that slow down, that damn slow down... and Marvel VS Capcom 2... i had that on 360 as well... and thats gone too. why didnt they put MVC2 on steam when capcom had the rights a couple years back... seriously part 3 is NOT as good as 2, i dont care what you people say, 2 was the ultimate!!!! i hate 3-d, i want hand drawn sprites. damn you. they could have put it up on steam, but noooooo, and now capcom doesnt even have the marvel game rights anymore, and may never again.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.