Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Multiple FX Pinball announcements today, plus first looks!

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the big feature with the last update was adding the timed events/tournaments.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I thought that was new, it was something else that appeared after the reboot.
    Who says you can't take it with you?

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I see what my problem was - cabinet mode. If you start the game and don't activate cabinet mode, the News, My Tables, Events, Collectibles and Shop tabs are enabled and the previous & next tab buttons work. If you start the game & go straight into cabinet mode (which I almost always do) only the My Tables tab is functional and the previous & next tab buttons aren't displayed.

Whew, I was wondering if I was going blind or something.

My Devices
    Series X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When's Xbox getting new tables?

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Zen posted on their social media a hint that is a DMD that says “Billionaire’s Club,” which means next release is Bride of Pinbot. But I thought one of these last two releases was supposed to be “brand new.” Both Bride of Pinbot and Swords of Fury were released by Farsight, so this is quite disappointing (Although it will be nice not to be able to go forever on Bride of Pinbot and have the Billion shot feel rewarding again)

My Devices
    xbox360, xbox one, PC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, welcome to Pinball Arcade Redux.

But seriously, I didn't think Zen would do Bride of Pinbot due to its racy art.

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    So Zen posted on their social media a hint that is a DMD that says “Billionaire’s Club,” which means next release is Bride of Pinbot. But I thought one of these last two releases was supposed to be “brand new.” Both Bride of Pinbot and Swords of Fury were released by Farsight, so this is quite disappointing (Although it will be nice not to be able to go forever on Bride of Pinbot and have the Billion shot feel rewarding again)
    Why would Zen consider anything that Farsight put out for their releases? It makes no sense to expect them to do so. It's reasonable to assume that "brand new" will always mean brand new to the FX franchise.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinball Arcade released the best tables. Zen would be a bit insane to ignore them. The massive pause by Zen... I personally switched to Visual Pinball and haven't looked back. It isn't their fault, I want to play all types of tables, many that would never be released because they are "too old" and not marketable, as the market is too niche.

My Devices
    PC/Steam
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
    Why would Zen consider anything that Farsight put out for their releases? It makes no sense to expect them to do so. It's reasonable to assume that "brand new" will always mean brand new to the FX franchise.
    Most Season 1-2 tables are in DIRE need of an upgrade due to aging tech.

10 years ago:

And now:

Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 06-23-2022 at 09:46 AM.
    It has to warm up...(MULTIBALL)...SO IT CAN KILL YOU!

twitch.tv/pinballwiz45b
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pinballwiz45b

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ I literally have no idea what you are trying to say.

My Devices
    PC/Steam
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^^ I literally have no idea what you are trying to say.
    Bride of Pin*Bot was a 2012 release, in the first DLC pack of Pinball Arcade.

twitch.tv/pinballwiz45b

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^ Then I'll simply point to the comment I made a few posts up:

My Devices
    PC/Steam
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The better question is: Why wouldn't they? Farsight's done games that weren't first-timers either.

Pin*Bot and High Speed were NES. The Getaway was Game Boy. Pinball Jam/Elvira was on Atari Lynx, Williams Pinball Classics (TotAN, Creature, and Black Rose) on PC, and Microsoft Pinball Arcade (Haunted House & Cue Ball Wizard) on PC.

Likewise, Farsight had us repurchasing tables from both the Williams Collection and Gottlieb Collections on Pinball Arcade, most of which were considered better versions.

twitch.tv/pinballwiz45b

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still scratching my head on this. Zen and Farsight are two independently different companies. They each can and should make whatever they want for their respective franchises. Whatever the other is doing should not factor in at all.

Give me all the licensed tables on my franchise of choice. If I play tables on both franchises, put 'em all out there and let me choose which ones I want to support. I couldn't care less if one side already has Table X or not. Why would I?

My Devices
    PC, XBox One, PS4, Galaxy S8, iPad
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news, one of my favourites so thumbs up from me!

Although every announcement of a single classic table takes me back to Farsight days where we'd get TWO new classic tables a MONTH for a while - ah the good old days haha.

Have Zen said what they're doing for mobile this time? Used to love playing Pinball Arcade tables on the go, didn't really rate the previous Zen mobile game so hoping a new one more closely resembles the console/PC new Pinball FX when/if they decide to release it that way
    Last edited by francis247uk; 06-24-2022 at 03:06 AM.

My Devices
    PC, Mac, iOS mobile
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis247uk View Post
    Great news, one of my favourites so thumbs up from me!

Although every announcement of a single classic table takes me back to Farsight days where we'd get TWO new classic tables a MONTH for a while - ah the good old days haha.

Have Zen said what they're doing for mobile this time? Used to love playing Pinball Arcade tables on the go, didn't really rate the previous Zen mobile game so hoping a new one more closely resembles the console/PC new Pinball FX when/if they decide to release it that way
    Zen has been releasing tables for Apple Arcade. That’s all they have been doing. No announcement of future plans that I am aware of.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone 12, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    Zen has been releasing tables for Apple Arcade. That’s all they have been doing. No announcement of future plans that I am aware of.
    I've been playing the "Zen Pinball Party" on my iPad Pro --- And the tables look and work *great* on that platform!
    Here are the (currently) included Williams/Bally tables:

* Theater of Magic
    * Gateway: High Speed II
    * Attack From Mars
    * Medieval Madness
    * Champion Pub
    * Black Rose
    * Junk Yard

Also included:
    * Six "Animated Heroes" Tables (Garfield, Snoopy, How to Train your Dragon, etc.)
    * Five "Zen Originals" Tables (Biolab, Son of Zeus, Wild West, Adventure Land, CastleStorm)

Since this is via "Apple Arcade" there are no ads and no "daily grind" to play these tables.

My Devices
    iOS, PC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do have to say the lighting they did on the latest table releases (Bride of Pinbot, Funhouse, Space Station, Dr Dude) is pretty fantastic. A very noticeable improvement over the previous FX released tables. BoP and Funhouse are particularly well done. Can enjoy an actual light show are your playing. In Space Station I managed to get multiball going and the table changing from white light to green lighting had me stunned for a few second - caused me to drain all three balls almost immediately. So good stuff!

Want the same TLC with the lighting applied to all the other Williams tables released so far.

Also some nice enhancements to the UI. It technically hasn't change navigation/layout wise but it looks a lot less bare. Kinda like turning on enhanced graphics mode on the Williams tables.

Update: Didn't realize I had ray-tracing on. These are the first tables (specifically BoP , Funhouse and Space Station) where ray-tracing effects are actually noticeable. With ray tracing off the lighting still looks ok but flat. With ray tracing setting on the light show is pretty amazing.
    Last edited by Crawley; 07-01-2022 at 04:49 PM.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hokay, I've installed the latest update (0.1.3 (52386)) and the the tables play ok until I enable cabinet mode, then things slow to a crawl and becomes unplayable and eventually ignores all input and you have to alt-ctrl-delete out of the program. If you disable cabinet mode before it hangs, it doesn't help, it's still very slow and unplayable and you have to exit and restart the game.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    Last edited by dmil666; 07-01-2022 at 08:33 PM.

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any news about console versions? Zen promised that we will get them during summer but no word about them lately...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456