Multiple FX Pinball announcements today, plus first looks!

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Thats what I've done as well, just copy in the settings I used for FX3. Only have 3 tables in FX at present, so I haven't gone beyond that yet.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
coordinates should be the same as FX3 - it's basically your display resolution left to right depending on how you've set up multiple monitors in windows and your resolutions

If your monitors are set PF > BG > DMD left to right all aligned at the top, and your playfield is 1920x1080, BG should start at either 1921 or 1081 depending on orientation. then a 1920x1080 BG and dmd starts at 3841. vertical is either 0 or for dmd somewhere about 2/3 down like 800 or so.

First off, let me say D'oh! That was a very obvious thing to try, and I did it and it works. I copied over and renamed the back glass images from FX3 and they load just fine. Now I need to find a Pinball FX screen image (using the FX3 image for now) and a Curse of the Mummy backglass image.
Still fooling around with the DMD dimensions. It'll be nice when the setting are built in the program, but this is a decent start.

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I did use the same settings for cabinet mode that I was using with FX3, but like everything that I do with Pinball FX, I have to close the game and restart to see the fruits of my labor.

There has been a noticeable improvement in performance, but I did have one question that maybe someone can answer or at least verify that there is nothing that can be done. It seems that in multiball situations with any table, the view changes automatically back to the default setting, and I don't like that view or the fact that the perspective is different than what I had initially set for the game. Is there some setting I missed or any hack that can fix this with the game files? I'm kicking butt and forgetting about the crazy lag and weird lighting, and then I hit a shot that opens a mode with multiball, and the view changes and I struggle trying to adapt. I want the automatic view change to stop.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I did use the same settings for cabinet mode that I was using with FX3, but like everything that I do with Pinball FX, I have to close the game and restart to see the fruits of my labor.

There has been a noticeable improvement in performance, but I did have one question that maybe someone can answer or at least verify that there is nothing that can be done. It seems that in multiball situations with any table, the view changes automatically back to the default setting, and I don't like that view or the fact that the perspective is different than what I had initially set for the game. Is there some setting I missed or any hack that can fix this with the game files? I'm kicking butt and forgetting about the crazy lag and weird lighting, and then I hit a shot that opens a mode with multiball, and the view changes and I struggle trying to adapt. I want the automatic view change to stop.

Yeah, the need to exit & restart the game for various changes to happen is a drag, but that should be temporary. I hope.
The bit with the playfield view changing during multiball is a real pain and I dislike it intensely, but I haven't found a way around it. If someone has a fix, I'd love to hear about it too.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Just installed the latest update version 0.1.2 (50485), and as far as I can tell (so far) the only changes are to the selection tabs across the top. You can't select "shop" directly anymore, just "News" and "My Tables". If you click on an un-owned table, a button for "purchase" is shown. I haven't gone further down the hole from there.
Any other changes in this update?

a few minutes later... O.K. now the shop button works after a reload. I gotta remember to do that after an update.

Last edited:

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Ok, I see what my problem was - cabinet mode. If you start the game and don't activate cabinet mode, the News, My Tables, Events, Collectibles and Shop tabs are enabled and the previous & next tab buttons work. If you start the game & go straight into cabinet mode (which I almost always do) only the My Tables tab is functional and the previous & next tab buttons aren't displayed.

Whew, I was wondering if I was going blind or something.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So Zen posted on their social media a hint that is a DMD that says “Billionaire’s Club,” which means next release is Bride of Pinbot. But I thought one of these last two releases was supposed to be “brand new.” Both Bride of Pinbot and Swords of Fury were released by Farsight, so this is quite disappointing (Although it will be nice not to be able to go forever on Bride of Pinbot and have the Billion shot feel rewarding again)

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, welcome to Pinball Arcade Redux.

But seriously, I didn't think Zen would do Bride of Pinbot due to its racy art.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
So Zen posted on their social media a hint that is a DMD that says “Billionaire’s Club,” which means next release is Bride of Pinbot. But I thought one of these last two releases was supposed to be “brand new.” Both Bride of Pinbot and Swords of Fury were released by Farsight, so this is quite disappointing (Although it will be nice not to be able to go forever on Bride of Pinbot and have the Billion shot feel rewarding again)

Why would Zen consider anything that Farsight put out for their releases? It makes no sense to expect them to do so. It's reasonable to assume that "brand new" will always mean brand new to the FX franchise.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Pinball Arcade released the best tables. Zen would be a bit insane to ignore them. The massive pause by Zen... I personally switched to Visual Pinball and haven't looked back. It isn't their fault, I want to play all types of tables, many that would never be released because they are "too old" and not marketable, as the market is too niche.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Why would Zen consider anything that Farsight put out for their releases? It makes no sense to expect them to do so. It's reasonable to assume that "brand new" will always mean brand new to the FX franchise.

Most Season 1-2 tables are in DIRE need of an upgrade due to aging tech.

10 years ago:

20220623134331_1.jpg

And now:

WMS_Bride_of_Pinbot_View_1_LogoLegal.png

Last edited:

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
^^^^ Then I'll simply point to the comment I made a few posts up:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

The better question is: Why wouldn't they? Farsight's done games that weren't first-timers either.

Pin*Bot and High Speed were NES. The Getaway was Game Boy. Pinball Jam/Elvira was on Atari Lynx, Williams Pinball Classics (TotAN, Creature, and Black Rose) on PC, and Microsoft Pinball Arcade (Haunted House & Cue Ball Wizard) on PC.

Likewise, Farsight had us repurchasing tables from both the Williams Collection and Gottlieb Collections on Pinball Arcade, most of which were considered better versions.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
I'm still scratching my head on this. Zen and Farsight are two independently different companies. They each can and should make whatever they want for their respective franchises. Whatever the other is doing should not factor in at all.

Give me all the licensed tables on my franchise of choice. If I play tables on both franchises, put 'em all out there and let me choose which ones I want to support. I couldn't care less if one side already has Table X or not. Why would I?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Great news, one of my favourites so thumbs up from me!

Although every announcement of a single classic table takes me back to Farsight days where we'd get TWO new classic tables a MONTH for a while - ah the good old days haha.

Have Zen said what they're doing for mobile this time? Used to love playing Pinball Arcade tables on the go, didn't really rate the previous Zen mobile game so hoping a new one more closely resembles the console/PC new Pinball FX when/if they decide to release it that way

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.