Guess the next Williams Table

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
So, first off it was interesting that they had an episode of The Pinball Show this week, as that is totally off schedule which is usually right at the end of the month, and only a few weeks after the last episode they had. I can only assume this was some sort of damage control since much of it was spent on explaining the ticket system and saying they are open to making changes on things when issues arise. You could kind of see it in Mel, face. It kind of looked like a hostage video...lol.

But, the good news is that they are coughing up some more info on their roadmap which is much appreciated. Next week will be a new Virus Z table, then May and June will both see Williams table releases, including a new one. Exciting news for a change.

So, what do you think it will be? They said they would announce it in the next episode of The Pinball Show, so you’ve got until then to submit your guesses!

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
This is promising news. I would guess that any heavy licensing will probably be skipped for the next few Williams tables. As ironic as it might seem, Scared Stiff might be a good contender; however, this might be held up for a release close to Halloween, though it is not usually something Zen does as that particular holiday does not seem to be too popular in their region of the world. That would leave maybe The Machine: Bride of Pinbot or a table I would love to see recreated by the Zen developers, Centaur. I would also consider The Shadow, but with all the legal problems plaguing Alec Baldwin at the moment, that is probably not an option.

To sum it up, and only considering previously unreleased tables from Zen, these are my guesses from most to least likely:

1. Scared Stiff
2. Bride of Pinbot
3. Centaur
4. The Shadow

I would love to see Eight Ball Deluxe or Bad Cats, but I won't hold my breath for those.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Has everybody just given up on the Williams Pinball 2000 tables?
We need a *real* emulation of "Revenge From Mars"!
It would seem to me that the new FX platform should be more than capable of accurately rendering this table at this point.
Just spend the energy/money normally devoted to the Remastered versions of the table on the actual "on table" video game type animations required by the game.

If Zen could pull this off, their FX sales could potentially quadruple among the digital pinball community!

Otherwise, my guess would be "Bride of Pinbot".

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
If the new pinball fx is now rated T, the old new table will probably be either Jackbot or Who Dunnit

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
My guesses in order are:

1. Pinbot
2. F-14 Tomcat
3. Cactus Canyon
4. Flash
5. Jungle Lord

Don’t know why...just have feelings on those ones.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
So just to be clear, does ‘two Williams tables being added including a new one’ mean 2 tables coming to Pinball Fx, one from the already released Zen Williams Pinball slate, and one new one OR two new Williams tables are coming to Zen, one that has never been digitised before? It’s all very vague and as an iPad player I have no clue what is on Fx and what isn’t.

At any rate, the fact the new FX and Williams App have a teen rating, I’d say any of the missing DMDs are in with a shout.
Cactus Canyon (guns, blood)
WHO Dunnit (murder, gambling)
Jack.Bot (gambling)

However that feels very much like it could be a future pack of 3, and the fact we’re only getting one might mean a license is involved (though granted nowhere near as big as Indiana Jones) So we could perhaps see:
Scared Stiff (the most likely, Elvira loves pinball)
Something sporty like Indianapolis 500
The Shadow

But they’d be fools not to eventually add Whirlwind, Bride of Pin.bot, Diner etc. or to eventually get licenses for Addams Family, Twilight Zone, STTNG...

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
So just to be clear, does ‘two Williams tables being added including a new one’ mean 2 tables coming to Pinball Fx, one from the already released Zen Williams Pinball slate, and one new one OR two new Williams tables are coming to Zen, one that has never been digitised before? It’s all very vague and as an iPad player I have no clue what is on Fx and what isn’t.

When I was watching the Pinball Show last week, unless I really misunderstood, they were talking about a Williams table they hadn't done before, not just a new FX3->FX adaption.

What's in FX currently is Indiana Jones, Medieval Madness, the Getaway: High Speed II, Junkyard, Attack from Mars, Black Rose, Party Zone, Champion Pub, Theater of Magic, Safe Cracker, Monster Bash, Creature from the Black Lagoon

I'd love to see Zen do Addams Family.

One thing I was hopeful for with the pricing tier info was the flat out statement, "You want these $$$$ license tables, here's how much it will realistically cost". I'm hoping Indy is a big enough success that they feel confident tackling Addams, ST:TNG, and eventually, hopefully, into Stern territory.

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Funhouse and Jackbot. How many of the remaining FX3 tables are top draws? The packs that were purchased (played?) the most will be priority to go on FX.

I'd prefer Cactus Canyon and Centaur, but only one new one.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Funhouse and Jackbot. How many of the remaining FX3 tables are top draws? The packs that were purchased (played?) the most will be priority to go on FX.

I'd prefer Cactus Canyon and Centaur, but only one new one.

FunHouse is off, it's already released on FX3.

Throwing in my thoughts: Let's see, here. 3 remaining unlicensed DMDs remaining and a plethora of alphanumerics and licensed titles.

Alphanumerics are currently out, given the dilemma of the Volume 6 release. Those tables still need fixed, and the light sequences need to catch up to & synchronize with the dynamic sounds. Zen did tease Swords of Fury in Episode 5 last year, but I'm not too sure given its similarities between that and Space Station.

Licensed DMD's: Paramount is now in play. Given World War Z, the T-rating tags are now in play. It's anyone's guess as to what the next licensed table could be. Of the ones available, I'd guess Twilight Zone as the next heavy-hitter.

Unlicensed DMD's: Cactus Canyon is an absolute rarity in Europe, and WHO dunnit is too close to Noir at this stage. Jack*Bot is the next call, assuming they implement 2nd flipper buttons.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
If it's a licensed free table I would be fine with Cactus Canyon. Also want Bride of Pinbot at some point. If they do the enhanced version of Bride right, say really animate the face and other parts of the table rather than just throwing a 3D android on the table and calling it a day, that would be great.

If they have licenses with Paramount now then hope the next premium table is either Twilight Zone or Star Trek: Next Generation.

But they really need to overhaul that lighting and make it much more impressive than it is now. The recent Spacies Arcade video really showed, at a minimum, how it should look by comparing Pinball FX lighting to Pro Pinball Ultra and Pinball Wicked. The lighting in FX was just mediocre compared to those and how it should look.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019

Okay...let me clear this up as much as I can:

MAY:

1. Whitewater
2. Roadshow
3. “Other selected Williams Tables” whatever that means. I assume it’s other old FX3 tables like Circus Voltaire for example.
4. A brand new-to-Zen Williams Pinball table.

JUNE:
Is another Williams table release month. Might we see another new table here? Maybe!! They haven’t said. The only thing we know is May and June are back to back Williams release months.

JULY:
Back to an original Zen table. No futher details.

So, that is as much as we know so far for the next three months. Hope that helped clear up things a bit more!

pinballmonster

Sep 9, 2021
Zen has missed every date they've given themselves along with every extension of original dates for release.

When they've "delivered" they're merely buggy copies of old, previously released tables. They do have a handful of new tables but no one can seem to figure out if they are coded with the new, old or some hybrid physics that have never been mentioned previously.

I haven't played fx, but am in no rush to do so. Early reviews note that the zen originals only offer minor upgrades to the physics but ball movement is still floaty and slow, and game play relatively easy. There are also complaints that the "upgraded" physics in Williams tables makes the tables too easy to play.

Two of the most disappointing and glaring issues with the Williams tables is how dark the tables are, and the very odd matte appearance of the pinball.

Zen seems directionless right now.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
The new World War Z table is the first in the new "Paramount Pinball" Category if you need more confirmation that a larger deal with them was struck.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Zen has missed every date they've given themselves along with every extension of original dates for release.

When they've "delivered" they're merely buggy copies of old, previously released tables. They do have a handful of new tables but no one can seem to figure out if they are coded with the new, old or some hybrid physics that have never been mentioned previously.

I haven't played fx, but am in no rush to do so. Early reviews note that the zen originals only offer minor upgrades to the physics but ball movement is still floaty and slow, and game play relatively easy. There are also complaints that the "upgraded" physics in Williams tables makes the tables too easy to play.

Two of the most disappointing and glaring issues with the Williams tables is how dark the tables are, and the very odd matte appearance of the pinball.

Zen seems directionless right now.

Zen missed some deadlines for Pinball FX itself (understandable with a new engine along with an unforeseeable pandemic), but they have been pretty good about sticking to the release schedule of tables recently.

The do need to iron some issues out, but that’s why it’s in more of an early access state vs. full release state right now.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
The new World War Z table is the first in the new "Paramount Pinball" Category if you need more confirmation that a larger deal with them was struck.

Yeah noticed that too. Hopefully it means they can also make some Star Trek tables of their own. Or an Evil themed table might be fun with the paranormal. Survivor table?

That World War Z table seems pretty good. Have only been able to put in a few games, and had terrible games, but it feels like a real table for how it plays and the difficulty. Look forward to putting more time on it tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.