Android - Bug >10 billion high score rollover resets to zero

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
Seems like the same issue PS3 owners had with BoP. Scored 11+ billion today but it only showed up as 1+ billion when the game finished. Unfortunate, would've liked this one on the scoreboards.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Same thing with ToM and BoP; must be the code in the ROM that rolls over 10 billion points. Not Farsight's fault, but they can fix the issue sooner or later.

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
Sadly i can confirm the exact same thing happening on iOS.... :-(
Just had the game of my life, scored multiple Super Jackpots, only
to see that once i reached more than 10 Billion points my score
got rolled over to zero.
So instead of 13 Billion i came out with a "paltry" 3 Billion score.

I was sooooooo sad, you can't believe it....
I would have been in 12th place globally.... ;-(

EDIT:
SO if this is ROM related, how come there are people with more then 10 Billion points
on the Leaderboards?

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
SO if this is ROM related, how come there are people with more then 10 Billion points
on the Leaderboards?

Those high-scores are posted by people who play on Mobile devices since only the Xbox 360 has its own dedicated leaderboards. I think that the mobile platforms do not use the roms in the same way as the console version and are thus not subject to the same scoring restraints.

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
Those high-scores are posted by people who play on Mobile devices since only the Xbox 360 has its own dedicated leaderboards. I think that the mobile platforms do not use the roms in the same way as the console version and are thus not subject to the same scoring restraints.

This happened to me on iOS :-(

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I didn't think console leaderboards were shared with mobile devices...

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I didn't think console leaderboards were shared with mobile devices...

I know with complete confidence that as of June 10th the PS3 leaderboards had several entries marked as mobile. I know for sure that these are not PS Vita entries either since my Vita highscores did not show up marked as mobile. In addition, these scores do not show up on the Xbox 360 leaderboards which leads me to believe that it is the only system with its own leaderboards.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
There are 2 leaderboards"
1) 360
2) PS3, Vita, Android, iOS, Kindle, and any other that I forgot about that asked for facebook login to post on leaderboards

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
They should be separate, can hardly be competitive on a device with no buttons compared to those with.

Alas that is for another thread.

Lou Villanueva

Mar 9, 2012
Oh for the love of... This just happened to me too on ios. Scored 11.8 billion only for it to reset and award me 1.8 billion. FFS.

EDIT: update - farsight leader boards actually registered my correct score. So I'm listed around 13th place with the correct 11.8 billion score. Definitely something going on with the ROM... I think

Last edited:

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
May be i should sign up for farsight leaderboards.

It seems my 30 billion score is not so bad.;)

Btw, how much is needed for the first place?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
on the Leaderboards?

We put in some special code to track if the score flipped over past 10 billion. Then when posting to the leaderboards we post up the score with the 10 billions(s) added. Unfortunatly the ROM itself only stores 9,999,999,999 so we can't keep track of it in the high score table as easily cause when we pass the scores into the rom on loading, the score is truncated.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Seems like the same issue PS3 owners had with BoP. Scored 11+ billion today but it only showed up as 1+ billion when the game finished. Unfortunate, would've liked this one on the scoreboards.

Just had this happen to me on PS3. Utterly devastated!! 14 bill to 4 bill. Never mind, just have to try n finish a game at 9.9 bill to register a high score!!

Members online

Members online