Bug GOR and GAR lights?

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
On the real table, I'm pretty sure these small lights on the upper playfield light up to indicate when you've completed the GOR and GAR target banks. On Android 1.4.2, they seem to be lit all the time (at least, their appearance doesn't change).

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The GOR and GAR letters in front of the drop targets are not lit by lights below the playfield. They are merely part of the playfield artwork, so their appearance never changes.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The GOR and GAR letters in front of the drop targets are not lit by lights below the playfield. They are merely part of the playfield artwork, so their appearance never changes.

Not those, I mean the small white circular lights nearby that have GOR and GAR written on them.

(I see the lights performing the correct behavior in the XBox 360 preview video. But they're fairly visible even when unlit, and it's possible that the change in brightness is just very subtle on Android.)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not those, I mean the small white circular lights nearby that have GOR and GAR written on them.

(I see the lights performing the correct behavior in the XBox 360 preview video. But they're fairly visible even when unlit, and it's possible that the change in brightness is just very subtle on Android.)

My apologies, those lights are working and change from white to a very light yellow when activated which may make the light change a little hard to notice on some phones. I can see the color change just fine on my Galaxy S III though.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I figured they weren't working either when playing the iOS version. I can detect when other pale lights are lit, such as the ones for the kickout saucer. I put it down to being a scripting inaccuracy.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
So it may be more an artwork issue. In many other cases, it appears that the unlit states of playfield lights have been made unrealistically dark so that the state change stands out clearly even with the limited brightness range available from an LCD (people have been complaining about this in the case of Monster Bash, where the unlit monster faces on the playfield are very dark, but I can see the rationale). But that doesn't seem to have been done here.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'm not so sure that these lights are behaving correctly. For instance, if I complete the GAR drop target bank, the GAR lamp lights as intended. However, if the game ends without completing the GOR drop target bank as well, the GAR lamp will remain lit at the start of the next game. At this point, completing the GAR target bank results in neither of the two lamps being lit.

Actually, going back and re-testing, the same thing seems to happen if only the GOR drop target lamp is lit at the end of a game as well.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Hmm... that may be part of the reason that I couldn't tell if it was working on Android: it could be that the states also get messed up under repeated play.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I have to chime in on this as I thought they were not working at first. They have a more yellow-ish (like custard) tint to them when they are not on and get pale when they are. It is very hard to notice.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
This just seems to be broken on the iPad 3 as the lights are always on and there is no visible difference. I wrote in to support on this as well. I could take snapshots while playing and do some Photoshop compare but that seems a bit overkill to prove they do not light properly.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
I'm not so sure that these lights are behaving correctly. For instance, if I complete the GAR drop target bank, the GAR lamp lights as intended. However, if the game ends without completing the GOR drop target bank as well, the GAR lamp will remain lit at the start of the next game. At this point, completing the GAR target bank results in neither of the two lamps being lit.

Actually, going back and re-testing, the same thing seems to happen if only the GOR drop target lamp is lit at the end of a game as well.

Just bought Gorgar today for PS3 and I'm getting this problem too. Any lit light won't reset at the end of the game, you need to back out to the table select screen and go back in to fix it.

No problem distinguishing between the lit and unlit states though.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
BUMP!

Can we please get this on the master list for Gorgar?

I've complained about this in the artwork forum, but this thread shows that this is a general problem across all/most platforms. If it is hard to tell that the lamps are lit then it affects gameplay.

On the Mac, I can't tell if any of these white lamps are lit: GOR, GAR, and the two white lamps at the kickout hole.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I fixed the source images for the GOR, GAR, and the eject hole lights.

Here's a picture of the updated GOR (unlit) and GAR (lit) lights on the Mac version:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
[says nice things about Stuart Webster to friends]

I can beat up on Gorgar without the lights, but this will be a much better experience.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online