Bug Creature ramp is missing the right-hand wall of the ramp

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've discovered through a bit of research that the creature ramp is missing a wall completely.

Here is a real table, with the creature ramp visible:

Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon_0003_Upper-Playfield.jpg

Note where the plastic ramp joins the metal half-scoop at the ramp entrance, and how it has a right-hand wall.

Now look at the image snapped from my TF300T.

CFTBL_Missing_Wall.png

This image from Android attract mode shows that the right-hand wall at the ramp entrance is completely missing from the render.

I'll report this to the support@pinballarcade.com address for tracking.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bump.

Any official response from Farsight about this observation?

Was it deliberate to save polygons?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Can you add a arrow? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I can check the console version to see if it's missing. Chances are if it's there it was cut to save polys like ya said.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can you add a arrow? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I can check the console version to see if it's missing. Chances are if it's there it was cut to save polys like ya said.

Updated OP with amended screenshot.

night

May 18, 2012
Yep, it's missing! iPad2

And the yellow ramp in the orgininal photograph is steel-colored in TPA, makes it more cluttery as the color is almost the same as the transparent ramps. It should be made yellow for better visual differentiation.

And where are the little lights around the transparent ramps?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks for the follow up guys. Seems that it differs between iPad versions, which would suggest a level of detail ruling.

Android currently suffers from issues with performance, so including detail like this would cause issues. Those ramps would take some large poly counts.

Art the moment, Dr Dude had to have the curly wires removed due to performance issues. Not a problem on my device.

Members online

Members online