Pinball Arcade Chat Room

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Ok pinballers, listen up full metal jacket style!

Its 4am and i cant sleep!

We have a working chat room to talk pin until the cows come home! Pop on in guys!

One tip stay while if it seems empty the ilders will pick ya up sooner or later!

Why arent people using chat more?

Come on in lads..we got weemens!...

Ok i lied but come on in anyway

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ok pinballers, listen up full metal jacket style!

Its 4am and i cant sleep!

We have a working chat room to talk pin until the cows come home! Pop on in guys!

One tip stay while if it seems empty the ilders will pick ya up sooner or later!

Why arent people using chat more?

Come on in lads..we got weemens!...

Ok i lied but come on in anyway

I run into Heretic everyday at the same time (usually) and we throw down a whole mix of topics, though it usually comes back around to pin pretty quickly.

Most days I check in at 7pm Pacific Standard, which is 3 am for Heretic in his Irish neck of the woods. So check it out then for active chatting.

If another time works for people, please post the hour and what time zone you're referring to. C'mon, let's get some more use out of this thing!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
How do u confirm your nickname in the chat room? Every time I join it swaps me to guestxxxx

That means somebody else somewhere on the freenode network (who has likely never heard of The Pinball Arcade) has registered that nick with NickServ. So you are being challenged for their password when you attempt to impersonate them. You'll need to choose another name or add some characters to yours like KevlarX or KevlarTPA.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That means somebody else somewhere on the freenode network (who has likely never heard of The Pinball Arcade) has registered that nick with NickServ. So you are being challenged for their password when you attempt to impersonate them. You'll need to choose another name or add some characters to yours like KevlarX or KevlarTPA.

Ok thanks for that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So what the hell? Is this chat thing done? Put some butter on it and call it toast?? How 'bout we set up a time, once a week at least, that it is known as a time for active participation? Jarod, Bonzo, you guys are always logged in, pick something. I'd do it myself but I'm sporadic at best because my schedule can change in a heartbeat. I do notice I tend to check in between 6:30 and 7:30 in the pm of Pacific Standard Time when home, but I suggested that a few posts up and it did no good!

C'mon folks, don't be afraid of the login screen...

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
6:30 pm for you is half past three in the morning for me. I am quite the night owl, but that's really a little late ;)

Both jaredmorgs and I are logged in more or less the whole day. Fortunately for us, we don't stare at the chat window the whole day, though. So when having a look at the open chat we often see people that entered the chatroom and left again much too soon for us to notice that someone new was there. Don't forget to put the exact nick(s) of those who are idle into your greeting as most clients feature acoustic signals when your nick is mentioned - even the webchat plays a little "plonk" sound.

Nevertheless, it often is quite quiet in there. But then, all of a sudden, there are four or more of us talking about pinball, TV shows or anything that comes up for hours. That may happen no more often than once a week, but whenever it does I have a really great time. Bottom line: 1) don't give up on the chatroom shutyertrap! and 2) stay in there for a while, everyone, even if it seems to be silent.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
6:30 pm for you is half past three in the morning for me. I am quite the night owl, but that's really a little late ;)

Yeah, I realize that! Where's my North American chatters at? Guess maybe if I check in the morning maybe I'll have better luck.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A scheduled chat would be pretty cool. Maybe we could have it twice on that day for those in different time zones.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Jared, how about a pinball trivia bot? Maybe a monthly quiz competition where the prize is prehaps a uinque memeber staus? just to get people in and used to it? Just an idea

Btw that cpatcha while a sound idea it is off putting for new users so if we had these chat times or even quiz times lol or liveninterviews! Maybe think about dropping the restions for the half hourmor hour of the meeting?

I dunno babbling sorry

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Ive no idea man

The huge thing with new irc users is they dont see huge numbers or alot of activity they leave within a few minutes....for me nine times outta ten someones always about

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I'll try & pop in tomorrow for a blether, whenever I can be bothered to dust off the laptop. I'm on GMT, so hopefully catch a few pinball fans from this side of the pond. :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Chats empty tonight first time ever..unless i put in the wring chan name...lets rage about steam! They took our pinball!

Yeh i did that

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.