Bug Missing ball, unable to continue

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Last night I was playing some Ripley's and started multiball. When I was back to one ball I lost it in a matter of seconds and then something weird happend. The table said a ball was missing, started looking for it but without any result. I was curious to finally try out the 'call attendant' option but unfortunately that didn't work either, I tried it a couple of times. I tried everything I could (nudging, trying the plunger) but unfortunately I had to quit the table and drop my score!

hsmb80.jpg

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just to clarify, you were in multiball, lost all the balls and after the last ball drained it showed "Looking for Pinballs" after a little while?

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
Just to clarify, you were in multiball, lost all the balls and after the last ball drained it showed "Looking for Pinballs" after a little while?

Yeah that was pretty much it! If I remember right, the last ball went down with a lot of force, seemed to have been shot off the table ;)

Last edited:

John Shepherd

Mar 29, 2012
I had the same thing happen today - but fortunately spotted exactly where the ball went missing. It was during the trip to America multiball, and the ball was lost when it went down the centre scoop.

The mode continued with a single ball, until it eventually drained... then the table went into ball-finding mode. Nudging / calling the attendant didn't help.

Playing on an iPad 1.

Last edited:

E Laser

Apr 2, 2012
I've actually had something similar to this happen a couple times. Once was during a multiball, another was not in multiball, but I can't remember what was happening.

Both times I lost, it said "Player 1 shoot again." Put the ball on the plunger, but the camera just wouldn't focus on it. I'd called the attendant, nothing would happen, nudge it a couple times, waited for it to try to find the ball, then the app crashed in both instances.
I was playing on the iPad 1.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, the problem in the original post just happened to me. Multiball... lose all balls... failed ball find. Had to kill game after my highest score yet. (iPad 2, iOS 5.1)

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Happened to me last night (X Box 360) while I was about to destroy the top score. How aware are the dev's of this game ending glitch and how likely are we to see a patch?

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I started one of the continent multiball modes, then "added a ball" with the believe it or not scoop. A ball was never added though the machine thought that it had been. I lost the two balls that were originally there, and not surprisingly, the ball could not find that last ball. This was on ps3.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Welp. Add one to the chorus of "got this glitch on 360 while destroying my top score with plenty of balls left". :(

It definitely seems to follow the normal, non-continent, three ball multiball mode. I knew I was in trouble when I was down to one ball but it was still playing the multiball music and giving me jackpots for ramp shots. :(

The real bummer here is that in this game I completed frog frenzy, the last goal I had to accomplish on any table. So now I have 12/12 achievements, but the goal is still marked incomplete on my record. I guess I should've just let the rest of my balls drain after I got the goal. :(

In conclusion: :(

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I've had the same on the iPad 2. Thought it was quite amusing actually. Took me right back to the old school days when mechanical issues didn't get fixed at arcades for yonks....

Also thought it was part and parcel of the emulation... Lol

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The real bummer here is that in this game I completed frog frenzy, the last goal I had to accomplish on any table. So now I have 12/12 achievements, but the goal is still marked incomplete on my record. I guess I should've just let the rest of my balls drain after I got the goal. :(

This is really bugging me now. FarSight, I'm begging you to add a quick check that looks at the player's achievements and offers to fill in missing goal sets that have already been completed. :( Please…

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
Hit this today on the PS3. Can't "call attendant" because the ball is stuck as far as the game is concerned, just lost. Tilting the table causes the game to start act erratically (super sluggish behaviour) though it recovers if you quit the table.

Members online

Members online