Getting the Multi-Ball 100 million jackpot

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Its fairly common that it wont register because of the timing of the balls from the trap door. You pass to the right and hit the trunk BUT at the same time you had to hit the next ball from the trap door to keep it in play. That shot flys up around the center loop switches BEFORE the ball inside the trunk falls and hits the switch, no 100m for you. If you play multiball with 4 balls you can afford to let the second trunk ball drain and concentrate on the 100m shot. 4 balls is a pain anyway.

Six second countdown is from when the DMD shows balls coming out of the trunk and he yells "Mutiball" Its down to 3 by the time YOU actually get a ball to play with. Doesn't matter though, 3 seconds is way more time than you can keep from hitting a disqualifying shot with other balls anyway :)

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Just got a 95 million multiball jackpot about half an hour ago. Highest I've seen so far. The extra 5 million is negligible, since I think you get about a million points every time the ball touches anything on the entire playfield (kidding, but only slightly).

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I think I got it on accident too. I didn't even know what to do to get it as I was going for other goals, and I suddenly saw I got Goal 3 completed. I think it was a lucky bounce off of another ball. It's pretty frustrating since it seems impossible to shoot it directly to the chest coming out of the trap door in the game. Either up the left staircase or left side center loop.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
It's easier just to build the jackpot up to 100 million during multi-ball by shooting the ramps and loops then hitting the trunk. I completed this goal by doing this on my first try.

I'm confused... so, you didn't do it on your first try because:

Sorry guys, I was mistaken. You must hit a ball into the trunk immediately after multi-ball begins before you hit anything else that scores on the table and you only have about 3 seconds to do it.

So how did it register for you to get the goal ?

Took me ages to get this goal, doing the bounce of the right flipper, then a one shot deal off the left. I found not trying to be too fussy about trying to control the ball works best. Takes too long to let it settle. I have 4 or 5 racked up now.

Last edited:

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
I got this yesterday a couple of times by fluke; right-flipper shot of first ball from trap which deflects off the left-hand Hocus Pocus drop targets and goes straight in to Magic Trunk! I might practice this shot :)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
The 100-million jackpot is fairly routine, for me at least. Use the bounce pass off of the right flipper for a shot with the left.

The Hat Magic illusion is great practice for this shot. (that's how I have that 100-million shot dialed in)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The 100-million jackpot is fairly routine, for me at least. Use the bounce pass off of the right flipper for a shot with the left.

That's exactly how I finally did it. Haven't done it since.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Indeed, rafter playing TOM a bit again to get all goals on 360 I can do it about 33% of the time. Shoot the trunk when it has the gap open with the left flipper from a trap to practice the timing. When the trunk is open it's not a drain hazard like it is when it's closed. Then once you have that timing down you can attempt the shot blindly:

Both flippers down, bounce the first ball of the right, trap on left
Raise right flipper to trap the second ball, and attempt the shot with the left.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
One thing I should mention... I never actually try to completely trap the ball (bring it to a full stop).

The ball bounces off the right flipper, I raise the left for a trap, the ball does its bounce and ends up in the return lane just enough. From there, I release the left flipper to let the ball roll down. This is my do or die moment.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Last Tip: 1) Start game 2) Use flipper to select Hat Magic 3) Launch ball (go for start illusion) 4) Hit skill shot 5) Hit the hole in the trunk (this begins the cycle of the ball following the path of the 100-million shot) 6) Keep hitting the trunk or, after failing the shot, start the game over and try again.

The Hat Magic illusion is great practice for the 100-million point shot. I've learned how to move cars as well.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yep, definitely find it's pretty repeatable if you just let the ball bounce from the right flipper to the left, then settle it briefly in the left or just take the shot. either can work.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You are intended to get the 100 million jackpot by one timing the ball in off the right flipper. This is impossible in pinball arcade. :(

How did this get through testing? :(

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Actually, when Multiball starts, let the first ball to a dead flipper pass onto the left flipper, and try backhanding it into the trunk, like everyone said, here. I always hit the trunk in some fashion, but many of my shots fly inside.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
You are intended to get the 100 million jackpot by one timing the ball in off the right flipper. This is impossible in pinball arcade. :(

How did this get through testing? :(

It happened to me randomly. It's unlikely, but definitely not impossible.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I'm SO happy. I played this table in real life last night, first real pinball table I've touched in almost 30 years. I did OK (ish), my top score was around 880 million as opposed to my 4.2bn high score on TPA... the real world physics are a completely different beast, the ball frequently moved at 1000mph and I could never guarantee where the ball was going to end up when coming out the trap door. So, I found myself starting the multiball and while waiting for the multiball to start, I went through my mantra in my head "bounce, trap, control, shoot..." Ball came out, bounce pass to the left flipper, activated the flipper, let the button go and with the ball just slightly less than half way down the flipper, I shot. And made the 100 million shot !!! You would have thought I just won a World Championship, the way I carried on :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
In real life, the perfect flail the ball into the trunk shot is anywhere from 25% to 75% doable, depending on machine, slope, and luck. it is MUCH more difficult then intended in TPA, and needs some cpu assistance to hep the player out i think.

This cpu assistance with the physics should only be active when a ball has just been kicked out of the trapdoor, and there's also a ball inside it..

Members online

Members online