Bride of Pinbot: Tactics and Strategies

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
ETA to 100B? ((100-20.4)/2.2299), 35.69 hours to go.. I don't think I can do that in my weekend but we'll see if weather permits me to try (Tuesdays power outage was 15hrs). I don't think I was scoring 200Ks as much as my game in May but at least 25Ks were a rarity.

That's a lot billions in the first hours. It's nearly impossible to calculate the time for a 100B game. My 99B took 3 days, played most of the time but not all. The billionaires club is luck only. I had a long period with only one time every ten billion. And 4 times in the last 10B. :)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The first 10 Billionaires clubs I thought I could get within the first hour or hr and half, like last time, before the chance falls off a cliff.

This game had the first 8 within the first half hour and last two took ~1h 20m.. so you could safely choose to just shoot for the multiplier/skill shot instead after the 8 easy ones. 79.6B / 2.23B an hour, gives me an estimate since I do no shoot the big wheel after the 10 billion point shots.

Last time I just shot for the big wheel it was 1.48B* an hour.. now your results may be better.. there's a time tax involved whenever I have to restart metamorphosis because I'm not flawless during an active multiball. I got up to the 200s in loops when shooting the skillshot but I still never rolled them over, multiple times.. when shooting the big wheel I got over 100 maybe twice.

*on this game between the 8th Billionaire and 10th Billionaire...
11.9669-8.2466, 3.7203B-2B, 1.7203B, ((1.7203B/81minutes)*60minutes), 1.27B an hour... didn't think I was doing poorly? can't trust RNG to deliver.

Lets take what Tarek said into consideration, lets say from 10(+1)B to 90B he got a Billionaire shot every 10B but got 4 of them on his way to 100B, including the backdoor billion as our +1. So lets look at what the 12 RNG Billionaires look like factored in with my averages...

up to date averages here

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
What is the "Backdoor Billion?" Is that different from scoring a Big Wheel Billion? One time I swear I made a billion without even rolling the Big Wheel. I think I shot the heart ramp and the Big Wheel simultaneously, and it just said "Welcome to the Billionaires Club" without ever rolling the wheel. :confused:

FTR, I've never hit the billion shot twice in the same game. You guys going for 99Billion marathons are ledgendary!;)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What is the "Backdoor Billion?" Is that different from scoring a Big Wheel Billion? One time I swear I made a billion without even rolling the Big Wheel. I think I shot the heart ramp and the Big Wheel simultaneously, and it just said "Welcome to the Billionaires Club" without ever rolling the wheel. :confused:

FTR, I've never hit the billion shot twice in the same game. You guys going for 99Billion marathons are ledgendary!;)

You get it if you shoot the Heart Ramp many, many, times in succession. 50-ish? More? Less?

There's also a rumor that you can get one by lighting EB on all 4 lanes, then lighting EB a 5th time.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I can get shots like the heart ramp in BoP or the bone ramp in Elvira SS maybe five or six times consecutively. I'm only accurate enough to hit an easy shot most of the time, not 100%.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
That comment in the log just notes I was shooting for the backdoor billion, which happens to be a 10 Loop combo.

In order to get to it you have to do the 4 loop combo, you can wait for the lights to dim then start the 5 loop combo wait.. etc.. this can be primarily shot at the heart ramp but other loop shots will count if you don't let the heart lights to expire I'm guessing Video Example

we're unsure if the BDB shows up again at a 20 loop combo or not

Caught up to my old 33.6B score in 10hrs 44minutes, roughly 24% faster than the ~13hr run shooting only the big wheel.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
bwYKeZn.png

I'll just edit this post going forward when discussing the scoring potential of shooting the skillshot as this game progresses.

The two 4.3s may be inflated because I lost focus and shot the ramp by mistake (or backhanded a wild ball up the ramp) and got two 50M rewards, a couple 5s and 10s.

edit: I don't feel I'm averaging more than 100Ks, something must be up.. even with ramp values factored in.

My word.. either it's the music change or I'm one of those that gets better after sleeping. We'll see if the trend continues.

So.. a bonus phase would be if you can rollover the loops a handful of times, you've got the room for Billions, and you've triggered the tilt warning too many times from nudging? Shoot for the bonus multiplier!

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
@Tarek, or anyone else, what might you do in this situtation?: getting close to the 10B rollover, bonus points are maxed with the current multiplier at x22, one tilt warning and you're back at x0 skillshot multiplier.

would you...
A) Drain immediately to collect bonus

or redo the safety net (a ball held in multiball at the face) and...

B) Continue the skillshot strategy

C) Increase the bonus multiplier

D) Something else?

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The only really interesting goal in BoP is the Billionaires Club, all other are peanuts. Maybe I would drain in case I've 4 EBs stacked...

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I decided to forge on ahead and did get past the 10B rollover but 20 skillshots into the new set I got a second warning and decided to pump it before cashing in. I'd also like to make a correction: 65,535,000 was not the maximum bonus value but was merely a coincidence, and I do not know what the maximum value might be since I didn't reach three digit millions.

But at least we know it rewards points into the Billions.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Hmmm two interesting things have come up so far in my tally x0 is the highest multiplier (actually x256) and you can possibly repeat skillshot multipliers by draining*

*Bride acts weird with repeating or skipped digits, here's a better look at it
repeated digits are as follows:122, 126, 128, 135, 148, 156, 165, 174, 202, 208, 212, 220, 237, 249

My conclusions are I did average over 100, one game had 8 25s, 15 50s, 85 75s, 85 100s, 64 200s and they score the right points.

Working on finding out the extent of the held skillshot multiplier, can confirm draining immediately on a new game can repeat x1 skillshots so it's likely any number is fine, however the maximum benefit may not be worth the risks.

Draining 3 EBs every round for 22 rounds and re-earning 66EBs may not be worth the 1.6B in potential points.

Another route that may be available is skillshot x250, EB loop, drain, repeat.. also very risky.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.