Is this table really that easy?

nauska

Sep 4, 2012
I just bought this table (on Android), and on my first try I got to ~400M, which seems like a rather good result. I don't know any of the rules (yet) so at the moment I'm just aiming for anything. Is this table this easy in reality as well? Although, I must say that I enjoy the game very much!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Hey there!

The DLC isn´t out for iOS (still), would you mind to share some more impressions? It worries me a bit that your thread is the only one for Harley Davidson, and the game has been out for Android for quite a while now. I´m really curious to hear how it feels and plays (I think it looks pretty simple and kitschy, yet really fun in the promo video).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I played it last night and it does have a pretty simple layout. I haven't too much time into it as I don't buy tables for Android, but i got to the score limit on one ball in my second game.

nauska

Sep 4, 2012
It is very easy to get multiball. I have gotten two or three multiballs every time I have played (which is about three times). It features at least one video mode mission. It is easy to catch the balls with the flippers, so this is probably one of the reasons why it is easy to get a good score. Will definitely play this some more!

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I think it's a great table to play every now and then when another table has been mean to you (Gorgar, you...). On the one hand you don't have to think about stacking modes or when to start them (RBION or MB), on the other hand HD seems a lot more forgiving skill wise than for example Gorgar (you...).

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Sounds like a good addition then. I'm sometimes in the mood for a simple table, but not as oldschool and unforgiving as Gorgar and BH, while not as boring as Spaceshuttle. A simplistic DMD machine has been really missing in my opinion, and ever since I played a real Guns n Roses I've been in the mood for a cheesy hard rock table, and since GnR is probably never coming to TPA, I'll gladly take Harley. (Both games share the same video mode, by the way!)

The whole sound package also seems to have a really satisfying feel to it, with the loud rev noises, the bells and some nice little jingles thrown in there.

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The "LIVE/RIDE on one ball" standard goal is actually somewhat challenging, in part because I think you have to avoid triggering Harley Multiball to get it.

nauska

Sep 4, 2012
I think I was somewhat lucky that first time. I usually get to ~100M to ~150M, but it's a fun table! Very forgiving, so it suits a pinball newbie as me :) Sometimes I feel that the physics are somewhat wrong. The balls seem to steer away in a strange way, or is there some kind of magnets used on the real table? Have anyone else noticed this?

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
It is a bit underwhelming. Something about the playfield seems incomplete. That said, the main goal is to get to all 16 cities, and that itself takes quite a bit of time.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
OMG what the hell is wrong with all of you?

That sort of rudeness doesn't fly around here. It's ok to share your disagreement, as long as you do it in a respectful and civilized way. Please keep that in mind for the future....thanks.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Lee,

A lot of us do not live for this board but we do pride ourselves on being one of the few extremely civil places to be left on the internet. I'm pretty sure being snarky to the moderator who has just addressed an "errant" post is not going to fly well either.

Back on topic:

From what I've seen (I'll know more once it's released on iOS and can play for a bit longer), it's a very simple table. This is pretty refreshing and a strange move for Stern. Most of their tables are cluttered messes in my opinion.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I appreciate all tables Farsight sends out to us, maybe we just needed an extra Sega/Stern game with a license easier to get. I've never played HD before, but it looks interesting to me. (Somehow I grew up playing Stern games at my local bowling alley [and maybe a few Gottlieb too].)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.