Medieval Madness Tactics and Strategies

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Thanks. Castle crusher is it just the same procedure as destroying the previous castles? As for troll bombs I do acquire them I wonder how I activate them and when?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Castle Crusher, yes just destroy all six castles. I don't think the King of Payne's castle behaves any differently (unlike Conquer Mars in AFM.)

To use a troll bomb, just hit the launch button while a troll is raised for any reason. Note that winning Trolls! requires 3 hits on each troll and a bomb only counts as one.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Constant castle multiballs and when have 4 eb's in the bank, still keep getting castle multiballs but keep working the bonus multiplier to 250. Letting the balls drain until ball saver ends aids that.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ya know, I'd never tried the strategy of just shooting the castle locks for Castle Multiball before. Did that tonight and 2 games in a row busted over the 150 mil mark, whereas prior I was struggling to reach 80 mil. I'll have to start working this into my future attempts, though I'm still missing the wizards for BFTK and video, and it doesn't necessarily help with that cause! The thing that surprises me most though, is how safe the castle lock shot seemed to be. Even when I miss it, the ball doesn't tend to go wild. Good stuff.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
When I switched to this strategy I upped my best score to 1.something billion. Of course my not-so-accurate shooting ensured I also managed to snag a BFTK along the way and I also somehow managed to polish off video mode in the same game, so everything was good.

Like a lot of tables where there's a single, safe, strategy that essentially allows you to play forever, it's really quite dull. I recommend missing now and again so you have the excuse to do the "fun stuff" ;)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Like a lot of tables where there's a single, safe, strategy that essentially allows you to play forever, it's really quite dull. I recommend missing now and again so you have the excuse to do the "fun stuff" ;)

Agreed. There is a difference between going for points and just having fun. This table particularly though has confounded me, in that I could do the shots, I knew the rules, but I just couldn't seem to get even close to the scores people were posting. This Castle Multiball thing seems to be the key I was looking for.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, it's all about Castle Multiball. The lock shot is absurdly safe compared to a real machine, for both made and missed shots. Forget actual castles and BFTK and everything around Multiball Madness. I made my 8 billion (retired from easily going infinite) on the leaderboard without ever completing Trolls or reaching BFTK.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
That's definitely going to take the fun out things. The one time in my pinball playing history that I ever felt adrenaline pumping through me and exhaustion afterwards was when I was just one shot away from completing BFTK. I've never had such a rush playing pinball before. And even though I failed, I was exhilarated just the same.

I'm going to try this Castle Multiball strategy and see what I can do, but the moment I feel it taking fun away from the awesomeness that is Medieval Madness, I'm gonna just head for the Kingdom.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thank you guys. If this were TotW, I'd be screaming for joy there...

Ever since MM came out on the PS3, I tried to beat video mode and Battle for the Kingdom. I dedicated hours and days to nothing but this table, and the best I could show for it was getting to (but not beating) BftK once. When it came out on PC, I tried once more, and was able to get all goals but those two once more. My highest score ever was on the PC, at 370 million.

Until tonight.

I did nothing but pummel the Castle lock, only went for the castle gates when in multiball, and only launched cows from the catapult. The first good thing to happen was getting video mode with cows, and finally beating it. I broke out into a total sweat upon completion. Still on ball one (well, you know) with 3 extra balls saved, I started BftK and was a nervous wreck. I didn't know if it was timed, what to shoot, nothing. I just knew to use my troll bombs right away when those bastards popped up! I was trying not to spaz out and lose control of the ball when it came time to defeat the castle, and a wave of relief came over me when I saw the timer reset after every hit. And just like that, I beat it! Yeah, that is way more satisfying than Frog Mulitball and Atlantis in RBION. The rest of the balls I really didn't care about, but I tried playing them to see if I could do a double BftK, to which I got about 3/4 of the way to. Final score, 760 million.

Whew.

Seriously, those two wizards have been taunting me for years, and I now feel like I can put the stress of this table behind me and just relax playing it now. And it's all because of Castle Multiball, which I didn't discover as the key until a few days ago.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got my best score up to 2.5B yesterday, a game that ran across several time zones :D

It finally petered out around 9.20pm; almost immediately my boss called me (not a regular occurrence at any time on the weekend!), and I had to VPN into work, which would've meant the end of the game anyway.

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
That's definitely going to take the fun out things. The one time in my pinball playing history that I ever felt adrenaline pumping through me and exhaustion afterwards was when I was just one shot away from completing BFTK. I've never had such a rush playing pinball before. And even though I failed, I was exhilarated just the same.

100% agree here. I've only activated BftK once. I got through the whole thing, had the castle open and the ball trapped. And then totally bricked it. But damn, it was the biggest rush in TPA so far.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I recently started playing MM again, still found it to be a great table. I'm currently in the midst of a 2.5B game with 4 EB's on ball 2. Guess I'm going to see this one to the end. Still no luck with BftK, my Troll bombs get spent somehow automatically somewhere during the game, because I sure stocked up on them enough in some sequences. Still I can hit the castle between the two trolls but it's effin hard to control two balls. And with one ball the timer is very short. Also a ball may get stuck behind a troll and that's it for me then. Also still no luck at completing the video mode, even with the bird bomb (does this count against troll bombs? In AFM your Martian bomb in video mode is extra if I'm correct).

Found out that the Super Jackpots in Castle Multiball max out on 5M. Too bad, but still a very nice bounty. At base level, Castle MB will net 14.5M. At max this is: 5x 2.5M regular Jackpot + 1x5M Super Jackpot + 6x5M Super Jackpot from all major shots again. This acounts for 47.5M if you pass all three stages (counting the first Super Jackpot as one stage). My best has been 3 complete rounds in one go up till now, so close to 150M. The left orbit is a b*tch from the right flipper. There is not much scaling elsewhere I think. I'm looking into what contributes to bonus, didn't find a rulesheet yet to completely explain it in depth. Getting the base beyond 1M is paramount as you can get up to 250x multiplier (255?). My best has been 146x. I'm continuously playing Castle MB to get it up there. Also curious if Super Jets max out, I'm now at level 13. Those 99B and 37B top scores by Tarek and Dizzer2012 look very far off still....

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I didn't pass the video mode until someone gave me the tip of just staying in the middle for the most part. Don't forget you can use a bomb during it. Also, if you launch 3 cows in a row from the catapult, vid mode won't have babies but cows, and they slow the birds way down.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
if you can manage to shoot the right orbit ~600 times and nudge the ball back into the catapault without draining you can redeem a 40.499Bn hurry up. I only got to stack 21 hurry ups before I lost it doing a risky shot.
[MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION] the video wouldn't load for me. is this video on your youtube channel? I'd love to see it.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
No it isn't on yt, I only kept a scene of me losing a 136M hurry up to one of the left ramps posts. Ended up with only a 76M bonus.. likely from a multiplier unknown. I got bored and shot the damsel ramp to hear all the call outs prompting the risky left ramp/orbit shot.

I could attempt this again, for educational purposes. I may have forgotten the orbit might stop the ball every 3rd shot so it's more than 600 but a lot less than 1,200. If you're really good at shooting the catapult coming back down the inlane you get 2 lights spotted so every 2 shots are a hurry up.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.