Medieval Madness Tactics and Strategies

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
thanks dude. that was fun to watch. I guess I just need a lil more practice. I actually haven't fired up MM for a few months now (got a lil burned out on it) but I think ive been away from the table for enuf time to enjoy a game or two.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just finished up that long game (should have put the ol' Pad away instead of going on), ended up with 7.7B for 14th overall. Some stats and observations below. Nice strategy [MENTION=5759]relaxation[/MENTION] btw! It won't fly probably on iOS though because 1 in x times you'll end up with a screaming SDTM from the left orbit. Nearly impossible to nudge/slapsave. And you will tilt after about 5 seconds into your video if you tried all that on iOS :)

30 Castles destroyed
16 Catapults
17 Peasants
16 Joust
24 Damsels
80 Trolls

3 BFTK played (none won, last one was on last shot with one troll down :( )
Castle MB maxed on 5M Super Jackpot (played surely 150-200 rounds, EB one in 6-8?)
Super Jets maxed on 20M (240 hits required)
Royal Madness stopped giving EB after about three rounds, instead 15M
Played 1 Barn MB
Played 1 video game (took EB but lost)
Highest multiplier 220x : 650M bonus (base bonus slightly above 3M on that ball)

34.4M Multiball Madness highest score (played it save though)
A nice way to keep that one going: cradle two balls on seperate flippers. Shoot Castle lock with the right and Dragon ramp with the left. The last one is open and drops the ball into the bumpers. Catch both balls from the orbits. Rinse/repeat. If Trolls are active, disable the left one for a free path to the lock. Not a lot of points but some progress towards the bonus multiplier.

What can I say: I probably could have made it a longer game but for now I'm at a respectable 14th place, came from around #100 with 1.6B. All depends on getting those cushions EB's from Castle MB and I did not have a reliable/efficient ratio of played vs. collected EB. Just wanted to pass Viking :) Well next time I guess....

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Just wanted to pass Viking :)

Heh. Well done, I guess. :) You can keep the spot, I'm not going to burn dozens of hours on MM. I was easily going infinite from Castle Multiball (getting the EB a bit under half the time) and stopped voluntarily. I never even played Royal Madness that game let alone BFTK, just Castle Multiball forever. About half the points came from bonus, I had that somewhere around 600M a few times too.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well actually (and this may be a non-native speaker thing, not making myself clear :) ), you actually still hold place #13 just above my #14. And when hell freezes over, I'll try again.... :) it's just those 300M extra I would gladly have scored....maybe I feel different in a couple of weeks but I'm seriously burnt-out on this table right now.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Nothing like reading a thread like this to deflate one's self respect in pinball. I got up to about 221 million and was really happy with that. I'll have to try the Castle Multiball as I've been concentrating too much on the other multi-ball. I thought maybe stacking hurry ups was a key, but doesn't look like it here. Absolutely love this table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.