Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know a lot of us don't like Facebook because of the constant whining and disrespect but Farsight has posted responses to quite a bit of comments. They mentioned that they would be looking into creating more friction on the flipper rubbers, hoping to bring Whirlwind and Red and Ted's Roadshow to TPA, new PS3 tables should be out tomorrow and that they'd love to get Attack From Mars AND Revenge From Mars (although the person asking called them Attack From Mars 1 & 2). There's others so I'd check out some of the comments over the last 24 hours. Not too much b*tching.

Yes, it was a breath of fresh air to see FarSight commenting on many of the posts on their Facebook Wall.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know a lot of us don't like Facebook because of the constant whining and disrespect but Farsight has posted responses to quite a bit of comments. They mentioned that they would be looking into creating more friction on the flipper rubbers, hoping to bring Whirlwind and Red and Ted's Roadshow to TPA, new PS3 tables should be out tomorrow and that they'd love to get Attack From Mars AND Revenge From Mars (although the person asking called them Attack From Mars 1 & 2). There's others so I'd check out some of the comments over the last 24 hours. Not too much b*tching.
They shouldn't have to hope for Whirlwind; they've already done it once! But Revenge from Mars surprises me; that's one of the Pinball 2000 tables.

EDIT: And is it just me, or do "The Pinball Arcade" posts seem unusually cheerful today? (Not that that's a bad thing!)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Okay, I tried to wade through the ugliness of the Facebook page but saw exactly what I always see. So where did you catch the Roadshow info and the AFM news? Or better yet, just attach a direct quote over here!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Okay, I tried to wade through the ugliness of the Facebook page but saw exactly what I always see. So where did you catch the Roadshow info and the AFM news? Or better yet, just attach a direct quote over here!

Comment made by Adam Price
"Any word on when whirlwind will be making an appearance? It was in Williams HOF so I really hope it turns up here as well. Would also love to see Ted and reds roadshow!!"
Pinball Arcade response
"We love those tables! We are hoping to bring Whirlwind to life again, and include Ted and Red as well!"

Comment made by George Tasoudis
"hi.do you know when attack from mars 1 and 2 are been released?"
Pinball Arcade response
"We all love both of those tables here at the studio! Our dream is to get both in the arcade!!"

Strange that FarSight called it "Ted and Red" though.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I even noticed on Saturday a fan asked if they plan to do a Swords of Fury table, and FarSight responded saying they are looking at several tables including Swords of Fury, which they like!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well, its really easy to say "we'd love to do that table" cause it doesn't actually commit you to doing it. They also said they'd love to do AC/DC, and then followed it up with a "but music licenses are a pain". I mean think about it, are they gonna come right out and tell a fan request no, that they hate that table and have no plans to do it?

Just sayin'.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
It's kinda nice to know that they are looking at alot of tables and Swords of Fury is somewhat on their radar. I happen to like that table along with other 80's Williams tables like Grand Lizard, Diner, EarthShaker, etc....it gives me hope!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Whoa, talk about strange. I was just at a Laser Tag place here in my home town, and they had two pinballs: Jurrassic Park and Swords of Fury. Swords of Fury is rad! Cool little minature playfield at the top left, nice design and I love the look of the table, unfortunately the left flipper was busted so I couldn't play much :/

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Whirlwind and Attack From Mars are both on the "announced" list, why wouldn't people think they were coming out?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I even noticed on Saturday a fan asked if they plan to do a Swords of Fury table, and FarSight responded saying they are looking at several tables including Swords of Fury, which they like!

I've said before that Swords of Fury is my first and foremost request. Xenon and Haunted House would be excellent, too, but SoF has been my No.1 for ages. I know a lot of people would like to try the table if they haven't already, and those who have always campaign hard for it. It's just got that total package quality, ya know? Awesome music, slick artwork, intricate but fun table layout, etc. You always want to come back to it for another play, and that's the kind of table we need the most in TPA.

Wapcaplet

Jul 18, 2012
Table Demos : All released tables are available for limited Demo play on Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. There are NO Demos available on Mac as the Mac App Store does not permit Demo or Trial software.
PiN WiZ, it looks like you'll have to update this paragraph in the first post -- the PS3 versions of DLC Packs #3 and #4 do not have demos. I just confirmed this by redownloading the demo from PSN, and demos are available only for the core tables and DLC Packs #1 and #2. (I haven't purchased the PS3 version, as I'm waiting to buy the PC version.)

I have no idea why FarSight would suddenly stop including demo versions like this -- a very dumb idea if you ask me.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE As many of you already know, DLC Tables Pack #4 featuring Black Knight and Creature from the Black Lagoon is AVAILABLE NOW! On PS3 (NA) And PS Vita (NA).

I also updated the "Table Demos" section with the correct information. (Thanks for the heads up Wapcaplet)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
PiN WiZ, it looks like you'll have to update this paragraph in the first post -- the PS3 versions of DLC Packs #3 and #4 do not have demos. I just confirmed this by redownloading the demo from PSN, and demos are available only for the core tables and DLC Packs #1 and #2. (I haven't purchased the PS3 version, as I'm waiting to buy the PC version.)

I have no idea why FarSight would suddenly stop including demo versions like this -- a very dumb idea if you ask me.

As far as I can tell, none of the DLC packs on 360 have demos either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.