Request KISS pinball from BALLY?? Any chance of this table being released on Pinball Arcade?

todoledo

Sep 16, 2012
I was wondering if there was any news on the rumor I heard about getting a license to release the KISS pinball game from Bally in the 1970's?
How about other rock acts tables such as Ted Nugent, Guns N Roses, or Metallica? :cool:

thanks and cheers!

My xbox 360 gamer tag is :THE FOG 666

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I love me some licensed tables. Gnr would be a toughie but Nuge would be down. Has anyone ever played the Metallica pin? Ipdb says there was only one produced.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I was wondering if there was any news on the rumor I heard about getting a license to release the KISS pinball game from Bally in the 1970's?

I don't recall ever reading a rumor about the KISS table getting licensed on this forum. Where did you read this? I would love to see it because it was released in 1978 while Kiss were in their prime and also when Pinball was everywhere in the USA. Even though it's not a highly regarded table this makes it quintessential for me purely for nostalgic reasons. I doubt we'll see it though because Gene seems to be too money hungry.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'd like to see KISS pinball too, but only after they get the rom
Emulation working correctly on the older tables.
Gorgar is a perfect example (and the bumper layout always reminds me of KISS pin).
It has a lot of bugs (Gogar stops speaking. The heartbeat stops after a while. The multiplayer game is screwy. All players continue the goals of the first player!).

So I would like that table too, but only after the bugs are worked out.

todoledo

Sep 16, 2012
I actually heard the rumor from a fellow KISS nerd! (he actually has the original 70's table in his man-cave!)

I also read it somewhere on a KISS forum, but I don't remember where or when. I know they had a digital table come out for the 1st Play Station. But I swear it is "unplayable" just horrible! : (

I agree, the table wasn't all that spectacular, but it's a great piece of nostalgia of the era, and for me "The Holy Grail" as a KISS fan!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
LOL Genes a fan of MONEY, so if the price is right....Im hoping why not! : )

Exactly.

They would put the KISS name on tampons if the price was right. FWIW to me, FS could change it to KISS Tribute Band, and put a bunch of no-namers similar makeup and it wouldn't make a difference to me, though, besides maybe four or five songs, they aren't too impressive to me.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The backglass and the music were great on the machine. The layout was typical for the time (nothing special). If the license is cheap, then why not. I would definitely buy it. But if it's pricey, then I would rather the money be put to something I would really love like Indy, Addams or LOTR.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I would pay a premium for this one. The nostalgia factor is very high for me.

FWIW to me, FS could change it to KISS Tribute Band, and put a bunch of no-namers similar makeup and it wouldn't make a difference to me, though, besides maybe four or five songs, they aren't too impressive to me.

Without the original backglass and songs I would pass and not purchase. Who am I kidding? LOL, I'm going to blindly purchase every table farsight puts out... but I wouldn't be happy unless this one was an exact replica.

Shadowrider49

May 27, 2012
One problem: LICENSING. Don't know if KISS is a fan of pinball.

Gene Simmons is a fan of the almighty $ and would sell the rights as long as it was in his best interest. I don't think it would be a stretch to get this table licensed. It'll come down to how much the band/record company wants for it.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Anyone play the Playstation Kiss pinball game? I don't remember it too well, I'd like to give it another shot someday. Pretty sure it didn't really have anything to do with the original table, but I never played that one so maybe someone here has played both and can chime in.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Bobby said they sought out some bands who were only on the backglass and artwork (not featuring music), and they demanded too much, but didn't specify which band(s) it was, but my guess is KISS, and possibly Nugent.

GNR - Not gonna happen. The rift between Axle and Slash (partially over Guitar Hero III) will make this impossible.

Metallica - This was a custom conversion (of Earthshaker) contracted by the band. It was never officially released or manufactured - there is only the one unit.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Bobby might have been talking about the first Rolling Stones table or Captain Fantastic. Both tables that were pretty popular back in the day. I dont think either one had any music to license, but it's been a long time since I've seen either one.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Bobby might have been talking about the first Rolling Stones table or Captain Fantastic. Both tables that were pretty popular back in the day. I dont think either one had any music to license, but it's been a long time since I've seen either one.
Yes, those are possibilities too. KISS had a short excerpt from Rock and Roll All Night (played in the ding dong tones of early SS tables) at the beginning, which, short and lame as it was, would also have to be licensed.

bailorgana

Sep 18, 2012
Anyone play the Playstation Kiss pinball game? I don't remember it too well, I'd like to give it another shot someday. Pretty sure it didn't really have anything to do with the original table, but I never played that one so maybe someone here has played both and can chime in.

That game sucked so bad I think I played it once.

bailorgana

Sep 18, 2012
Maybe they should do Heavy Metal Madness as its generic but a similar theme?

I talked to Bobby at Comikaze and we at one point spoke specifically about KISS. He said they were looking into it, but most likely it would not happen w/o a kickstarter. Licensing would be high, partially because they have already done the ****ty KISS pinball game for PS1 and other platforms.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts