PS3 - Bug Major bug with the multiball multiplier

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
So I just had the game of my life on CFTBL. I was playing for 3 hours and had the jackpot value at 1.2 billion. This happened several times throughout my game but one time this bug cost me over 20 billion points!

From what I can gather, it seems as though if you get a jackpot, drain one ball to return to single ball play, then reach multiball a second time on that same ball, the multiball multiplier cannot increase. On the DMD it says 1X scoring, but when you spell CREATURE, multiplier maxed flashes for a bit, but it still says 1X scoring.

On one multiball with my jackpot at 1 billion, I spelled creature 3 times before saying screw it. Then I got 3 jackpots for a total of 3 billion (should have been 12) and 2 super jackpots for a total of 4 billion (should have been 16 billion).

I still ended up at 65 billion and the #5 spot, but man, 85 billion would have been even nicer!

Please get this fixed FarSight

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Damn, well in that case, congratulations Farsight on a job well done! Man that is a very frustrating bug, thanks for the link.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Theoretically, I would stop at 3X if I expected to return to multiball later that game. If I were on my last ball and did not see an extra in my immediate future, I'd cash in the 4X.

I say "theoretically" because I am absolutely horrible at CFTBL's multiball and have yet to score a super jackpot at any value or multiplier, either in TPA or on the real table.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
It seems that if you go up to 3x and then on your next multiball you dont pursue the whirpool and score super jackpot/jackpot. Then on a third multiball the whirpool counting is reset new. Meaning you can start building up your multiplier score up to an X.

This what happened to me. Need to run more experiments to see what is needed to reset that whirpool bug

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
So where are the 100 Bill persons? There seems to be a technique to fool this bug!

Unless those people are playing a different version that this doesn't happen on? Although, it has been stated this is a bug in the original ROM. I don't know. I'm just starting to get into this game.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Found a trick. You can go ahead and run a multiplier up to 4x. Next multiball you will need to take the jackpot with a 1x. then you can run your multiplier again to 4x on the Super Jackpotof that same multiball. Repeat.

There may be even a better way

Members online

Members online