Ball drains quickly right after start...

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
I have never played the table in real life so it might be the design but surprisingly often right after starting a fresh ball, it will go from the bumpers directly into the left outlane.

When I played the game for the first time, ball number one was shot into the outlane and I thought "what the heck, no ball saver". Then the next ball was shot into the outlane as well and I knew that I was unworthy.

Nevertheless it's a very nice table and works great on a smartphone!

K

Korven

Had quite a few balls like that too. I only play on the phone and pretty much never nudge, FS should make it so you can nudge from the lower part of the screen....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've only played one real life EATPM, but I've played well over 20 games on it. The TPA version is extremely accurate to the table I'm used to. In fact it is a bit more forgiving. The table I play also gives a lot of center drains off of balls coming down from the right side. To me this is the closest FS has come to recreating a pin.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
I have never played the table in real life so it might be the design but surprisingly often right after starting a fresh ball, it will go from the bumpers directly into the left outlane.

When I played the game for the first time, ball number one was shot into the outlane and I thought "what the heck, no ball saver". Then the next ball was shot into the outlane as well and I knew that I was unworthy.

Nevertheless it's a very nice table and works great on a smartphone!
I almost always soft plunge so the ball dont reach the bumpers on this table.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've only played one real life EATPM, but I've played well over 20 games on it. The TPA version is extremely accurate to the table I'm used to. In fact it is a bit more forgiving. The table I play also gives a lot of center drains off of balls coming down from the right side. To me this is the closest FS has come to recreating a pin.

Agreed. I have an EATPM close to me and the TPA version is definitely more forgiving, but otherwise very close to the real machine.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
More forgiving? Wow... This game is the least forgiving in the TPA family, you guys must have spent a fortune on those tables?

I guess it is easier to nudge IRL though. The worst thing about those outlines is that they swoosh down them. They hardly ever make a bounce so it is impossible to make a good nudge... and nudging on iPad is very difficult to do in a non-chaotic way anyways.

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
Have never had the luxury of playing this one back in the day. On the real machine, do balls go cleanly through the out/in-lanes without hitting anything as much as they do in the TPA version?

Not a complaint at all, just found it interesting....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The outlanes are pretty unforgiving on the one I play. Really have to stay away from them as much as possible. Just a matter of playing enough to find out what types of shots place you in jeopardy. Nudging helps too, but you have to do it before you hit the outlanes or you will be too late. The key to this table is to keep starting multiball. This is a shot you should be able to hit fairly consistently with a late shot from the right flipper (with a little practice).

The table I play is set to free play. Or it would have been expensive to learn theses lessons. Pinball Parlour charges $15 for 3 hours of unlimited play on over 50 pins. If you are ever in southeastern PA, I recommend it. It's amazing how fast three hours goes.

Mmmbacon

Jul 6, 2012
The table I play is set to free play. Or it would have been expensive to learn theses lessons. Pinball Parlour charges $15 for 3 hours of unlimited play on over 50 pins. If you are ever in southeastern PA, I recommend it. It's amazing how fast three hours goes.

Great Googly Moogly, that sounds like heaven. And a great idea. Unfortunately, Im not close to PA. Now my wife has an uncle that lives there, I think we should go see him soon lol.....

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, EatPM is much more forgiving then in real life.

They did get the bumpers right, but that's why you weak plunge to get the ball to the lower right flipper. The monster slide is extremely safe to shoot for, and that's just not so in real life. a rejected shot has a very high probability of screaming down the middle, requiring a slap save, something impossible on your phone.

The right ramp is a lot less dangerous, and pretty easy to loop on most real life elviras i've seen.

Oh, and multiball very commonly lasts 5 seconds, with all 3 balls draining in real life.

No the one that they REALLY got right is Dr. Dude, which yes, is that much of a drain monster in real life.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.