Nailing the elusive Crossover Bonus (and other strategy discussions for Taxi)

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
For those of you that might be having trouble scoring the Crossover Shot (and the Wizard Goal), I found myself a way to get it in a more reliable fashion... this might be old news to the more skilled players around here, but when I discovered it I had a Eureka moment. Here's what I did to make the crossover more consistent to get: (remember that you need to be in Multiball to attempt it!)

1) Cradle one ball in each flipper, per the in-game instructions.

2) Rather than trying to launch both balls in rapid succession (and usually having them hit each other), shoot your right-hand ball at Drac. It helps if you haven't picked him up yet, because it gives you a second to take a deep breath and prepare the rest of the shot.

3) About a split second before the catapult launches the ball onto the left ramp, release the left flipper and aim your left shot at the right ramp. If you time it right, both balls will cross paths right at the middle of the habitrail intersection, give or take a little bit, and you'll get the bonus.

250K for such a tricky shot may not be worth much, but I find it extremely satisfying to watch the balls go around the ramps in near-perfect symmetry.

So, that's one strategy I discovered on my own, even if it might be common knowledge. The rest of this thread can be used to discuss your personal strategies for Taxi. I, for one, would like to know if there is a easier way to pick up Pinbot, other than the 25k spinout. I tend to have the most trouble scoring him.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks for posting this... Wil have to try it... And yes Pinbot is a PITA.... I usually let the randomness get to it and just start with Gorbie.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Sooooooo close. Got both balls up the ramp at the same time, but left one didn't quite make it up all the way and rolled back down. Urge to kill rising.......

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Nice advice. I had to cheat when I was writing and testing that goal's detection because I couldn't manage to make the shots! :)
I had to write some debug code to trigger the ramp shots in succession when I hit one of the xbox buttons.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I, for one, would like to know if there is a easier way to pick up Pinbot, other than the 25k spinout. I tend to have the most trouble scoring him.

One of the Joyride awards is to spot you a passenger; that's another way to get one that's causing you trouble, though it's not reliable.

I tend not to shoot for Pinbot intentionally, since it's a very risky shot. When I win jackpots, it's usually because I got him either by nonstandard means, or by accident when shooting for the lock.

EvanBingham

Aug 19, 2012
I pick up pinbot going for the lock on the right side...if you just aim it a tad right of the lock it'll pick up pinbot AND lock!

Marcel Carlier

Jan 3, 2013
No, at least not on the PS Vita. I got 2 crossover bonusses, but neither of them registered as achieving the wizard goal. This is the last wizard goal I need for the trophy. I am going to try a reinstall this weekend as someone on the board mentioned that had worked for him.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I think it registered for me the first time I ever got it... I'll keep in mind the reinstall thing though if some other goal won't work

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Luckily this is one of those easy thing for me.

Strange that, Harem Multiball and Crossover Bonus are no-brainers for me. But ask me to hit a regular super jackpot on any given game and yeah right.

Unfortunately i hit the crossover bonus two games in a row and it didn't register....hooray i just JUST finally got all the goals in TOTAN too.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the tip. I just completed Taxi's wizard goals and we be moving on to the next set of goals.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.