Nailing the elusive Crossover Bonus (and other strategy discussions for Taxi)

Marcel Carlier

Jan 3, 2013
The reinstall didn't resolve the crossover bonus issue for me, however the latest update (1.04 I think, preparing for TZ, Scared Stiff and Big Shot) did.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I just got the table but, yea, as far as I'm concerned going for Pinbot is death, just not worth it at all. I stick with ho ho ho millions and pretty much ignore passengers. If I get them cool if not no sweat, jackpots only a million anyway.

Expressway, multiball, ho ho ho millions is far safer and more lucrative as far as I'm concernered . But it's early and I do try to get Pinbot on the plunge, and when successful I go for the others.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Yes, this was how I did the Crossover Bonus. I wasn't even trying for it and I got the goal, and didn't understand why... then later, I got it again and realized it was because of this. I was not having any luck trying to hit both ramps at the same time, so it was nice to get this randomly a different way.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I've gotten at least 7 crossover bonuses and NONE of them have registered!

I think they only count AFTER you get 1-2.

Yeah, as soon as i actually earned one during 100k airport ramp mode, i got it to pop.

Last edited:

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Sorry this don´t help me. How do I cradle one ball on each flipper!

I know I am helpless but I have not found a safe way to cradle them. The balls go to fast from the ramps to do it that way and 9x of my random cradle attempts end in drains. So maybe I should just go for Drac and hope for fortuna to be able to get a hip shot on the ramp with the other ball if it happen to come down the left flipper :)

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Still having trouble with the cradling on left flipper during multiball but I did get a rhytm going so I got it once then I somehow did the same thing and instantly got another. used the drac tip hole as suggested. I wish you could make the balls collide in those ramps though that would have been nice.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Easiest way to get Pin*Bot is to activate multiball.

I usually try to save him and Lola for last, because Pin*Bot is easier to hit with two balls flying around, and it insulates you from the Lola-SDTM rebound that will often take your ball RIGHT as you hit the last drop target and "ooh Jackpot!" starts to sound! You'll still have one more ball active to get to the jackpot. Which is quite valuable, if you build it up properly!!

Members online

Members online