Is the big wheel supposed to influence the ball?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Never played a real NGG machine, but on PHoF, when the ball rolls over the wheel, nothing happens. on iOS NGG, the ball is clearly redirected when it rolls over the big spinner wheel when it moves. (Like Whirlwind).

Is this supposed to happen?

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Never played a real machine either, but it looks like it definitely influences the ball like the on Whirlwind, because it doesn´t look covered up with anything:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4338&picno=16047

...thought it´s obviously not spinning as fast as on WW. Man, those are vicious, especially with the old PHOF physics!

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
In real life, yes, it does move the ball. Not as much as discs on Whirlwind or The Power on Addams, but it does change the balls path for sure.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Ah, great. Then PHoF is wrong then.

Man that wheel's annoying - I'm guessing Whirlwind's physics on PHoF aren't accurate either because they didn't feel too bad.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I like the way the disc affects the ball, it's different. Actually I'm really enjoying this table.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Ah, great. Then PHoF is wrong then.

Man that wheel's annoying - I'm guessing Whirlwind's physics on PHoF aren't accurate either because they didn't feel too bad.

just to clarify, the wheel doesnt spin all the time when you play (dunno how it was handeled in phof)

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I like the way the disc affects the ball, it's different. Actually I'm really enjoying this table.

Until you find the wheel constantly flinging the ball SDTM or into the outlanes.

just to clarify, the wheel doesnt spin all the time when you play (dunno how it was handeled in phof)

Yeah, I know. There's a few things (like the jets) that increment the wheel, but sometimes they bounce out of the jets and into the wheel while it's spinning.

In PHoF, the wheel did nothing to the ball.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Until you find the wheel constantly flinging the ball SDTM or into the outlanes.

Keeps you on your toes :D. Actually I've only seen that once or twice. I can't image how many times that must happen on Whirlwind or Addams Family with its magnet.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I don't know about you, but after playing it a bit more, it's like the wheel has a magnet on it in TPA - the ball literally clings to the wheel. Instead of shots being deflected, it's like they get captured and flung in a random direction like the ringmaster on CV.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Yep, slings the ball around in an unpredictable fashion. My favorite though is the jets firing the ball down the right outlane, no chance to influence it's trajectory, the ball is just gone. :)

Hint: A left flipper shot up the left cart path can complete a hole, if it is not too strong a shot that sends the ball over & down the right cart path.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.