Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for hitting the Hole-In-One...

My Devices
    None
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't get it on my Vita! I got it on my PS3 several times, but the Vita version is great. Once on the Vita the ball literally flew off the right side of the screen! Crazy bug! Something weird with this version is making it very, very hard.

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monty22001 View Post
    I just can't get it on my Vita! I got it on my PS3 several times, but the Vita version is great. Once on the Vita the ball literally flew off the right side of the screen! Crazy bug! Something weird with this version is making it very, very hard.
    I'm doing it on the Vita. I had 9 hole in ones in a game the other day... so it's doable.

My Devices
    -
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny... on Tuesday I had no problem making the shot... Since then I think I've scored maybe 3 hole-in-ones. I'd say my table was rigged if I didn't know it was digital.

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, iPad 2, iPhone 5, Galaxy S2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phreaker47 View Post
    I'm doing it on the Vita. I had 9 hole in ones in a game the other day... so it's doable.
    Yeah I can get it on Vita at least once every couple of games, usually when I'm not really trying for it. Last night I had one of those games where it all clicked and got it 4 times... one of which was the Super Jackpot, thank the Gods, Old and New. It's a pain trying to hit it during Multi-Ball. Finally completed the Wizard Goals.

My Devices
    iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPad Mini, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, Apple IIgs, PC, Mac (Hackintosh)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of these were lucky banks off the golf cart; I've been trying to figure out how to reliably hit the tip of the ramp & have it drop right in...

My Devices
    iPad 2, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More importantly, your high score text better be your initials!
    ------------------------–----------------------------------------------------------------
    Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Pinball Arcade Account Name: ISuckAtPins
    Wii U ID: FocusFusion
    PS4 ID: richc111

My Devices
    Ipad3, Xbox 360, PS3, Android, PC and Wii U
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nailed 6 holes in ones on the first 6 holes. (2 of them were wheel awards...ahem).

My trick is to time the shot just past the middle of the flipper.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's really supposed to be that hard. And yes it's really supposed to be that inconsistent. you can have a great game full of hole in ones, and you can then not hit it once for ten.

TPA absolutely got this right. It's probably more "luck oriented" than in real life, to make up for the chaos effect that makes the shot so darn hard in the real world.

Pro-Tip. do NOT hit the center ramp three times in a row, unless the third shot is to raise gopher. That angers the gophers, who will then dog you for the rest of the ball with popping up at very inconvenient times. instead hit the right ramp for your third shot.

My Devices
    Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lucky enough to play this in real life while I was on vacation with my family in Wisconsin, seems like almost every restaurant we went to had at least one pinball table or arcade game. It was a very memorable experience, but I couldn't make the Hole-In-One then and I still have not yet been able to make one on PBA.

My Devices
    PC (Steam) Samsung s9 (android) PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I play on my phone I find it easier in landscape mode than in portrait. I aim to hit the ramp a little to the right, but the hard thing is that the ramp is raised until you are just about to shoot, so I don't get much time to focus on the spot I aim for, which makes it harder.
    It's easy to practice the hole-in-one shot if you want to as you get a shot at it every time you plunge the ball, so just restart the game, plunge and shoot, and you can do this over and over. However, I think the power of the plunge also affects how hard or easy the shot is. I find it harder if I plunge full force and the ball goes faster up the side ramp. If I plunge so that the ball just barely makes it up the ramp the hole-in-one shot seems to happen much more often, at least for me.

My Devices
    PC/Steam/Windows
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the program really is randomly determining this shot, as in it deliberately decides a certain small percentage of the time to redirect the ball to the hole-in-one. When it goes in, it usually follows the exact same path, just skimming over the front of the red barrier and plopping right into the hole. It's so straight and consistent that the path looks pre-programmed. I can't perceive any difference at all in aiming or timing between these shots and the usual path around the back of the golf cart. (Steam/Windows version.)

That said, it can also be hit for real. You know it's a real unpredestined shot if the ball rolls around a bit on the back of the red barrier. But this never works on a ramp feed to the left flipper. I've found the most success with a slightly slower ball that began by rolling about one flipper-length up the inlane while another ball tripped the inlane switch. Another possibility is a ball coming in faster than usual after finding the inlane from somewhere above.

I've not managed a bank shot off the golf cart into the hole-in-one at all in several hours of playing.

My Devices
    XBOX360, iPhone4, PC, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Note 2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this one game where i hit this shot like 5 times, including for the super jackpot in multiball.

Besides that, i usually hit it maybe once ever 10 or 15 games.
    I used to use Windows Vista, then I took an Aero in the knee

XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out my latest PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

Older videos can be found here:
    High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to hit that hole-in-one shot every once in a while, without having to bank it.

There have been a couple times when, during multiball, I managed to shoot two balls at the same time into Bud's hole, and it awarded me a Super Jackpot.
    Last edited by TMOverbeck; 12-27-2013 at 12:30 PM.

My Devices
    Xbox, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've hit it a couple of times, but I forgot how I did it. Ironically, the hole-in-one goal wasn't my final standard goal to get. However, getting the Super Jackpot IS my final wizard goal, and I can never get one! I tried every angle, and it just won't get in.

My Devices
    iOS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the game was glitching on my PC one day when the ball actually flew off the table a couple of times. I'm glad I didn't restart/reinstall because soon I shot 6 Hole-in-Ones in a game ... entirely unintended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12