Ever finished BftK on iOS?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Playing on iPad1 and MM is the game that I, by far, has played the most. It took me ages before I reached BftK but now I manage to do it quite frequently.

I have tPA on my Mac as well but I think it is way better on iPad in terms of experience. But the fact that it is too difficult to nudge and issues such as the auto troll bombs makes it extremely difficult. This morning I managed to open the gate during BftK and got a ball halfway between the trolls and the gate after that, but then the time ran out before I could make another clear shot.

With the new update "Touch screen for nudge" it is a bit more easy to nudge but you need to hold the iPad in a strange way (always hold it in the bottom corners otherwise). This saves at least one ball per game but it is still very difficult.

Have you finished BftK on your iPad or iPhone?

karl

May 10, 2012
Nope! The Troll bomb bug makes it impossible for me. (just posted about it in the Bug section also) It is one thing to hit the gate one time with both Trolls there, but to do it with that timer and repeatedly is out of my skill zone. A pity since I can't imagine this a difficult bug to fix, I mean the Troll button is already there. Hope Farsight is still aware of this bug (at least of IOS)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I just accomplished this. I basically had to set up almost everything for the battle, then light trolls, get two bombs, and finally hit the last ramp to light the battle. The bombs were automatically used when the trolls popped up in the battle. Took me a few tries once getting to the battle, because it's crazy hard regardless.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Finally did this today after days of trying on the train on an Iphone4. Was the 5th time I made it to BftK.
Managed to get the second to last hit on the castle gate after the countdown had gone past 0 too (was at least -1 imo).
I was shaking so much when I hit the final shot into the castle, I missed it once and had to recatch the ball. Scary moments!

Pod

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I had a killer round of BFTK where i completed all the shots in less than 10 seconds. The trolls were dispatched w/out bombs and i carefully blasted away at the gate until complete. Great feeling.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I have made it around a dozen timest to BftK but never with any trollbombs. The IOS bug is still there today, seems almost impossible to get it done without the trollbombs.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Is this still a problem? I'm trying to beat it and I can get there almost every game now just got btk twice in one game but the trolls block me out. I have one hard shot on the left flipper to make it though and can hit the gate 3-5 times before losing. How do I get rid of the trolls?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
build up and save your troll bombs.

oops, didn't read the other posts, didn't know there was a bug.

Last edited:

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
build up and save your troll bombs.

oops, didn't read the other posts, didn't know there was a bug.
Troll bombs? Been playing that table for a while and had no idea such a thing existed. Kind of like the bombs during video mode in Attack from Mars.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.