Dear FarSight: re: delay on table packs

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can someone explain to me why exactly are european DLC not compatible with NA TPA. It's only 1 and 0's. Their 1and 0's have a french accent that our 1and 0's can't understand?

I've downloaded european DLC for other games in the past and it worked just fine.

They call it a sku. You can see the sku number on the side of the box when you buy a physical disc based game. If the sku is the same then the ps3 sees it as the same game. If the sku is different then the ps3 sees it as a different game. Someone confirmed that the na sku is different from the eu sku. I know this first hand because I bought an asian ps3 game a year before it was available in na. Then I bought the na version. I have purchased dlc for both but they only work for the version from which psn store they were bought were from.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
One of the things the 360 gets right and the PS3 sucks for. Generally on the 360 it doesn't matter which region the games or DLC belong to; they're all compatible.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
One of the things the 360 gets right and the PS3 sucks for. Generally on the 360 it doesn't matter which region the games or DLC belong to; they're all compatible.

Technically region does not matter on the ps3 either, only the sku matters.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Speaking of TPA versions. I have both. First installed the EU version and collected a couple of trophies. Now I play the US release.
Of course both versions use the same trophies, so you only see one TPA in my profile. But as mentioned many times before, dlc from a foreign store won't work and they have two different "update trees". If FS releases a patch for one version, the other doesn't see it.

Dont know much about xbox, but dont they have region specific game discs.
And Microsoft bans accounts of players who modify their system to play imported games.

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
Speaking of TPA versions. I have both. First installed the EU version and collected a couple of trophies. Now I play the US release.
Of course both versions use the same trophies, so you only see one TPA in my profile. But as mentioned many times before, dlc from a foreign store won't work and they have two different "update trees". If FS releases a patch for one version, the other doesn't see it.

Dont know much about xbox, but dont they have region specific game discs.
And Microsoft bans accounts of players who modify their system to play imported games.

You could be right. I bought a NTSC console to avoid that.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Technically region does not matter on the ps3 either, only the sku matters.
There are a hell of a lot of SKU's. I can activate nearly any game from any region and all its bonus content with my American account on the 360, no problem. But on the PS3 forget it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There are a hell of a lot of SKU's. I can activate nearly any game from any region and all its bonus content with my American account on the 360, no problem. But on the PS3 forget it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, its just not technically the region on the ps3. I guess its a chicken and egg thing. The reason they have different sku numbers is because they are a different region. The reason dlc isn't universal is because of the sku number. That the 360 treats sku numbers and regions different from the ps3 is no surprise to me.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That was a major problem with Fallout 3. I forget exactly how it worked, but the "Game of the Year" edition in Canada was looking for save files from a different SKU for Fallout 3, so you couldn't use your previous save files until they patched it. I think Canada had 2 versions of Fallout 3, one was the US/CAN one, and one was French Canadian, and when the GOTY edition came out, it only looked for the French Canadian save files. It had nothing to do with the region, and everything to do with the SKU.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.