extra ball question?

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
I recall Farsight asked me to change one of the operator menus to limit the # of extra balls you can be awarded since it was decided ( and I agreed ) the game was ridiculously easy without the limits and because we always have specials award extra balls instead of credits. It was easy to rack up like 6-8 extra balls, and the game became crazy boring at that point. So it's not a bug, it's by design from Farsight, unless I am misunderstanding the bug.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I recall Farsight asked me to change one of the operator menus to limit the # of extra balls you can be awarded since it was decided ( and I agreed ) the game was ridiculously easy without the limits and because we always have specials award extra balls instead of credits. It was easy to rack up like 6-8 extra balls, and the game became crazy boring at that point. So it's not a bug, it's by design from Farsight, unless I am misunderstanding the bug.

THANK YOU!!! The game was completely a contest of endurance rather than one of skill, this table was in dire need of a fix.

EDIT: Now that I reread, are you saying you made it so that on android you can have only 1 EB at a time, but still an unlimited number per game? Because on PS3 you can stack up to 4 EBs and there is no limit to the total amount. It would be nice if there was a limit to the total # of EBs in a game.

Last edited:

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Yeah, except what the original cabinet allows is variable through the operators menu... I think FS is just debating what setting they want for the TPA version

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, except what the original cabinet allows is variable through the operators menu... I think FS is just debating what setting they want for the TPA version

Which is an entirely different subject, and I'm sure it's been suggested tons of times. But I don't see why FS don't allow access to the operator menu.
Of course, messing with the chosen default settings wouldn't allow posting high scores to leaderboards, but that's easily fixed with a "score attack" mode, which always plays on default settings.
All arcade shooters ported to home systems work like this. They also support saved replays (*hint* *hint* *nudge*)

but it's different because Farsight awards extra balls for Specials (which makes sense, there needs to be some reward for a special).
However, if said extra ball doesn't stack, there IS no reward. ;) Your argument is flawed, heh.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
Hello to all !
(sorry for my bad English)

For me (PS3 EU), extra-balls don't stack. I cannot confirm that for Barbecue EB and Special, nor for outlanes specials, but it's sure for the score (3 millions) and Party Punch ramp. Some PS3 owners said it's stack for them, so is this a bug ? :confused:

Edit:
I can now confirm that none of the extra-balls stack. So, it's a bug, in a way or another.

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
On IOS also only one EB per ball is possible.
Not able to stack any balls. When you get the first EB from the right ramp before your 3M score EB you wont even get this 3M EB.

Seems a bug on Android and IOS to me.

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
Seems like the best strategy is to focus on getting the replay extra ball through multiball and the slide, before you get the party punch or bbq extra balls. That way you preserve the chance to get more extras.

N

netizen

I've had 4 stacked, maybe your weak mobile just dont have the BALLS! :)

rimshot.gif

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
On iPad3, during the tournament I played this a couple times and was able to stack EB's. Just got done playing it again tonight for the first time since, not able to stack EB's. In fact I earned the party punch EB, then the 3M EB after the ball drained on the bonus and it still didn't give it to me.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think the tpa rules need updated if this is the case of no stacking. Kind if frustrating to not be able to stack but if farsighted did make it the case please update. And it doesn't make sense to be able to stack in the tournament and not in free play.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Did this ever get addressed or acknowledged by Farsight?

It should be the same in every platform. Stackable EBs for everyone or for nobody. For everybody or no one.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
THere are a lot of platform differences in games. this is one of them.

ANother one is in monster bash. on PC the kickout from the scoop is easy to trap, while on mobile it's very hard.

Yeah Elvira was wayyyyy too easy, and is often set up the way it is on location if players are good at looping the party punch ramp every ball.

So TPA did the right thing here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.